Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831663 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4800 on: December 13, 2015, 08:40:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can. There's a building interior that leads to it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: December 13, 2015, 08:47:47 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm level 32 and still don't have a full suit of T-51 power armor... I've been missing the left arm for forever.

I was still missing the full T-51 suit long after I had a full T-60 and two full X-01. I guess I leveled up too fast (what power armor you get depends on your level).

However I was finally able to find one thanks to looking on the wiki. So I can vouch that there is at least one location where you get T-51 no matter your level.

I had an incomplete T-51 set past level 30 until I stumbled upon a boss wearing several parts in...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: December 14, 2015, 04:18:19 am »

I've been wondering about armour piercing weapons lately. Is it worth it to go for that mod, or should I just go for maximum damage?
Love, scriver~

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: December 14, 2015, 04:43:09 am »

I read somebody on Reddit saying that comparing the damage between an armor piercing weapon and a high damage weapon, against alpha deathclaws and power amored enemies always had the high damage weapons (other mods and perks staying the same) deal more damage per shot.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: December 14, 2015, 05:09:33 am »

That's my impression as well, but I don't gave the math head to prove it, so I'm always suspicious that my conclusions might be personal biased.

I also seems to be having a bug where MacGroovy's companion perk, instead if being a +20 to VATS headshots like it's supposed to, sets headshot accuracy to 95 in all circumstances (as long as the head is visible). So all other bush parts can have a hit chance of 1 or 2% but the head will still show 95%.

I am not sure if this is good or bad yet.
Love, scriver~

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: December 14, 2015, 05:19:12 am »

the thing about armor-piercing weapon, is that it doesn't tell how "how much armor piercing".
I read about someone making the calculations for the perks (because those are fixed armor piercing, I think 30%), which amount to ~10 to 20 % increase in damage (depending on the damage of your weapon and the resistance of the enemy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: December 14, 2015, 06:27:50 am »

That's my impression as well, but I don't gave the math head to prove it, so I'm always suspicious that my conclusions might be personal biased.

I also seems to be having a bug where MacGroovy's companion perk, instead if being a +20 to VATS headshots like it's supposed to, sets headshot accuracy to 95 in all circumstances (as long as the head is visible). So all other bush parts can have a hit chance of 1 or 2% but the head will still show 95%.

It's too many 0s. Instead of it giving you a flat +20, it gives you a flat +2000% accuracy with vats headshots. 95% is the maximum accuracy possible.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: December 14, 2015, 09:52:57 am »

It's too many 0s. Instead of it giving you a flat +20, it gives you a flat +2000% accuracy with vats headshots. 95% is the maximum accuracy possible.

Yeah, might be the case. The game could've been expecting a 0.2 increase for +20%, but instead some clueless coder typed in 20, which is a twenty times increase.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: December 14, 2015, 10:37:48 am »

Best Robbaz's one ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jf_0p5wgkI

The cat quest had me laughing too hard I nearly choked.

EDIT: May have been posted earlier but if I missed it was because I'm just skipping over all the spoilerish stuff.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:49:48 am by Sergius »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: December 14, 2015, 10:40:02 am »

The fact that AP weapons suck would be surprisingly consistent with earlier versions of Fallout.  I can't remember how it worked in Fallout 3 or New Vegas, but I distinctly recall AP ammo being utterly terrible in Fallout 1 and 2.  The bullets did less damage per shot and the fact that they reduced enemy DT and / or DR barely helped that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: December 14, 2015, 10:43:52 am »

The fact that AP weapons suck would be surprisingly consistent with earlier versions of Fallout.  I can't remember how it worked in Fallout 3 or New Vegas, but I distinctly recall AP ammo being utterly terrible in Fallout 1 and 2.  The bullets did less damage per shot and the fact that they reduced enemy DT and / or DR barely helped that.
There was no AP in 3, I think. In NV I think they ignored either all or part of the enemy DR/DT? Either way, they were certainly useful.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: December 14, 2015, 10:54:23 am »

There was no AP in 3, I think. In NV I think they ignored either all or part of the enemy DR/DT? Either way, they were certainly useful.

3 had some very rare items, it was like one or two and I remember that the Deathclaw gauntlet had it (was my personal weapon of choice)

New Vegas AP ammo reduced DT by... 15 I think? Energy weapons had some armor piercing, and some other ammo types had some odd penetration as well.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: December 14, 2015, 10:59:18 am »

Fallout 1 and 2 had AP ammo, but you couldn't unload a weapon or specifically select which ammo to load so pretty much you're stuck with whatever you're holding when you reload. I never noticed a difference with it but then again I really had no idea what ammo was being fired.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: December 14, 2015, 11:01:26 am »

I was actually curious about this earlier and had 2 guns and the mats and decided to try it out. this was comparing an armor piercing receiver against a .50 cal receiver.  On a deathclaw.

Indeed the .50cal did more damage overall, even to the armored portions of the deathclaw (ie everything but the belly) but I did see a noticeable difference on the armor piercing receiver.  There was less of a difference in damage output between the belly and the other parts with the armor piercing receiver.  While the .50 cal's damage was reduced by nearly 2/3rds on armored portions, the armor peircing seemed to only be reduced by 1/3rd.  Making for a noticeable difference.

That said, the .50 cal still did pretty much twice the damage overall, even factoring in the armor reduction.  So it seems that power still beats ap, but ap isn't completely worthless if you can't afford the power. 

(Note that my testing was hardly scientific. I was pretty much just seeing if it was worth hauling around an AP gun instead of just my tricked out 50 cal sniper.  I may have traits that screwed the results, and I may have some natural armor pen as well)

Also the shoot through walls trait is op.  not only can you shoot through walls, you can also shoot through the critter. Making weakpoints always targetable like the belly of a deathclaw, the combat inhibitor of robots, or the fusion cores of a sentry bot or power armor.   Don't even need to be behind them... Sentry bots have gone from horrible death machines, to one shot fodder weaker than feral ghouls.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:12:13 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: December 14, 2015, 11:08:00 am »

Fallout 1 and 2 had AP ammo, but you couldn't unload a weapon or specifically select which ammo to load so pretty much you're stuck with whatever you're holding when you reload. I never noticed a difference with it but then again I really had no idea what ammo was being fired.

You unloaded weapons in the inventory screen with some context menu I'm pretty sure, and you could drag the ammo type into the action bar or something.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 462