Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831535 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4710 on: December 10, 2015, 08:39:14 am »

I would've liked if the combat rifle were chambered in 5.56 from the get go. It'd make the silly large magazine make more sense.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: December 10, 2015, 09:53:33 am »

Setting the games Pre-nuke would just be an entirely different game, flat out.

What would we name this game? It couldn't be Fallout as the bombs hadn't dropped yet and if it's set during the last wars....Battlefield: Anchorage? Fallin: the Years before Fallout? Greasers vs. College Jocks: the Game. (Which, btw, now that I've made all the settlements I know of, I might use the caps from farms/water to buy every greaser jacket and put a mk1 mod on it and equip it on every settler. TUNNEL SNAKES RULE! MINUTEMEN RULE! MINUTESNAKES RULE!)

Our male default PC from Fallout 4 could make a cameo appearance in this prewar game putting on some power armor. Nick Valentine's running around until he mysteriously disappears about halfway through the game. You can get pies from a portadiner without the random element. Kids run around with BB guns and attack EVIL COMMUNISTS.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: December 10, 2015, 10:20:23 am »

Call it "Fallback to the Future."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: December 10, 2015, 10:20:54 am »

tbh seeing children play at school and say "aw, why do i always have to be the communist" would be pretty hilarious.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:21 am »

Oh yeah, this is another aberration! The .45, in fact, is a pistol round. This is confirmed by the fact the Fallout 4 Submachine Gun (which is copied exactly from the real world Thompson) is chambered in .45, just like its real-life counterpart. For the record, a Submachine gun is an automatic weapon that fires pistol rounds while being bigger than a pistol. SMG's have their niche uses, but were really popular before people figured out that you needed to make intermediate rounds and invented the assault rifle. Anyway, the Submachine Gun looks and behaves a lot like its RL counterpart. The weird thing is, the Fallout 4 Combat Rifle is also chambered in .45, which if the behavior of the Submachine Gun is any indicator, is indeed designed for pistols (although there isn't a .45 pistol in the game). The FO4 Combat Rifle looks and behaves like a Battle Rifle, IE, a semi/automatic rifle using full-powered rifle rounds. It's pretty silly that these guns use the same ammo, but of course that decision was probably driven by not wanting too many different ammo types.

While it is unfortunate the Submachine Gun uses exactly the same ammo as the Combat Rifle, the notion of a .45 rifle round isn't so ludicrous within Fallout's sometimes semi-silly context. After all, .XX calibre alone doesn't contemplate length, which determines whether we're talking about pistol or rifle bullets. For instance, the .50 calibre has been made into pistol and rifle variants.

That said, .45 being 11.43mm, a long rifle variant might have a bit of a kick. It'd likely exceed that of the Browning Automatic Rifle (7.92mm, and possibly an inspiration for the FO4 Combat Rifle) by a fair margin.

EDIT: It'd be less outlandish for an assault rifle designed to be used by power-armoured soldiers. Like the machinegun-like FO4 Assault Rifle, if that was the intent.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:56:54 pm by Greenbane »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: December 10, 2015, 05:12:42 pm »

Joshua Sawyer has expressed an interest in making a game set during the Resource Wars...
Wouldn't that just be Frontlines: Fuel of War, but with a really bad ending?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: December 10, 2015, 05:35:54 pm »

There is a .45 pistol in the game, the pipe revolver pistol/rifle/whatever
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: December 10, 2015, 05:55:07 pm »

It's a pipe gun. Therefor it can shoot whatever it damn well pleases. And now I am sad we can't shoot shotgun shells on any pipe guns.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: December 10, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »

You know what I want to play? Fallout: 2076.

You're in America at the height of civilization, and you can hardly turn a corner without a gentleman sleeping under an apple tree with a book or something, remarking, "man, if there was a nuclear war right now, I bet my skeleton would still be posed here in a narratively touching way 200 years later."
Well what *I* want to play is Fallout: China.

Seriously, I SOOO wanna see what the other end of the world looks like now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4719 on: December 10, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

I'm still more concerned about Europe, but hey, piorities.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: December 10, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »

I came upon a campsite where two dead NPC had for some reason gotten stuck below earth upside down with their legs sticking stiffly out of the ground, and two cars had been thrown into a tree. Deliberately done or physics havoc, or both? Who can tell.
Love, scriver~

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: December 10, 2015, 07:10:13 pm »

Well, I just managed to somehow completely avoid the deathclaw fight in Concord at the start of the game.  Good thing too, thing is so much harder to kill in survival.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: December 10, 2015, 07:12:08 pm »

I came upon a campsite where two dead NPC had for some reason gotten stuck below earth upside down with their legs sticking stiffly out of the ground, and two cars had been thrown into a tree. Deliberately done or physics havoc, or both? Who can tell.
Deliberately done by physics havoc most likely. I saw cars flying to the moon after some floating point error during spawning....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: December 10, 2015, 07:47:08 pm »

I just made it to the far South East corner of the map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: December 10, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »

I just made it to the far South East corner of the map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mostly because it's a pain and a half to secure if you aren't playing on babby difficulty.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 462