Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830950 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4455 on: December 06, 2015, 01:10:28 pm »

Does the game end after the main quest or are you free to continue playing the game after?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: December 06, 2015, 01:27:50 pm »

About bunker Hill

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: December 06, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »

Does the game end after the main quest or are you free to continue playing the game after?

You can keep playing.

And another thing that annoys me greatly: I can't ask questions. Like I find very interesting and questionable stuff from terminals and apparently I can't demand explanations from anybody.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:20:14 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: December 06, 2015, 02:22:17 pm »

You can keep playing.

And another thing that annoys me greatly: I can't ask questions. Like I find very interesting and questionable stuff from terminals and apparently I can't demand explanations from anybody.

But choices make casuals worried.

No we need to streamline the game. That is why in Fallout 5 will introduce a new conversation system where you can only speak in Yes and No.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: December 06, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

Fuck casuals. I want choices!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: December 06, 2015, 02:49:39 pm »

About bunker Hill

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: December 06, 2015, 03:07:10 pm »

You can keep playing.

No we need to streamline the game. That is why in Fallout 5 will introduce a new conversation system where you can only speak in Yes and No.
Grow up. People make games for more than just one audience. I get the gripe but don't be a child.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: December 06, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »

stuff

Oh no, not the spooky casuals!
I heard the casuals live in your closet, then, when you're asleep, they steal your games and replace the games with worse ones!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: December 06, 2015, 03:27:08 pm »

I'm pretty convinced that casuals only exist in the imaginations of marketing teams. Was anyone actually pleased by the dumbing down streamlining that FO4 had?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4464 on: December 06, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

And suddenly new thread title!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: December 06, 2015, 03:41:09 pm »

/v/WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: December 06, 2015, 03:45:59 pm »

In case you missed it, I was mocking the fear people seem to hold for the casuaals. Like they were a bogeyman who ruined every game they touched.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: December 06, 2015, 03:51:29 pm »

I have to say, I don't know what on the ghoul infested earth possessed them NOT to put in the full dialogue. Without modding it I was always saying completely the wrong thing or just guessing what he might say. I'd get it if the dialogue was really long, but at the very most you say about 6 words.

Other than that though, I'm really, really enjoying it. I've found it more difficult to pick up random quests though - I feel as though when I played FO3/NV I was constantly stumbling across crazy quests whereas I'm not finding as many with 4.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: December 06, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

That's because they actually are. But in a more general proximety version. Many game franchizes like Elder scrolls and the Sonic games have not benifited by "casualization". Not only that, but its generally just for no actual benifit from profit. Casual's do not care for any "features" and such, only for advertising. They usually don't know about the history of games and the like, they only pop in if they are interested in advertising. So, technically its true, as the Real Threat seems to be Idiotic Execuitives chasing after fools gold, while also being really nepotistic, and favoring certain people who might actually be FUCKING INCOMPOTENT ***** for the work they do.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: December 06, 2015, 03:59:27 pm »

Sheesh.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 462