Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830036 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3600 on: November 17, 2015, 12:39:46 pm »

You can run into mininukes just past the ridge farm place...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: November 17, 2015, 12:47:33 pm »

I must have hit one in Lexington, next to Concord.  Not that I knew it at first; I just had BOOM DEAD "Achievement Unlocked: Touchdown".  I didn't know what had happened until everyone discussed that achievement here a little while ago.

Then again, my original cunning plan for getting to Diamond City was to take the south road and go along the turnpike.  So many deaths... ^_^

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: November 17, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »

I found it easiest to go straight south from the truckstop and turn right at the river thats down there...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: November 17, 2015, 12:57:45 pm »

I almost made it to Diamond City, but got distracted by sidequests (especially a distress call from my<3 favorite faction evar <3) (also empire building)
I died a few times while clearing out raiders, but travel itself didn't seem so rough.  Raiders in the ruins opened fire from a long distance, which gives me time to eat food and leave or engage.  Feral ghouls were more of a concern, but they're relatively fragile when I can actually hit them (Dogmeat helps a lot).

Then again, none of the raiders had fat men yet.  Just a billion molotovs.  (And a couple of suits of power armor, but they were slow and easy to pick off with distance)

I actually checked my map after clearing an area south of the bridges and realized "woah, Diamond City is like right there".  Too bad I have loot to return, and things to build, since I am having difficulty actually killing the bandit scum (instead of avoiding).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: November 17, 2015, 01:06:27 pm »

Standing inside with molotovs being dropped on the roof above is rather annoying and deadens any other noises, like raiders coming up the steps to get me. Damn those thermal goggles they all wear. DAMN THEM

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: November 17, 2015, 01:12:33 pm »

The southernmost part of the map (Quincy) was the most difficult part I've went yet, and I'm level 47 I think.
And if some certain faction decides to land one of their vertibirds to scout the area, they will aggro the whole freaking region.
If you are near them, you're getting the whole aggro too. That means Ferals, Raiders, Super Mutants, Gunners and - if you're lucky, Mirelurks.
All at the same time.

But going too much to the East at the beggining can be pretty challenging and cost you a lot of ammo.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: November 17, 2015, 01:16:56 pm »

I have a bit more ammo from going East than when I was just stuck to about 4 sites out from Sanctuary. I don't buy any. I don't trade much at all. Barely spent any caps on anything. I don't use automatics but will dump from the hip if I need to.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: November 17, 2015, 01:28:38 pm »

If I get the first tier of Local Leader, can I easily link the truck shop and Sanctuary so I can actually effectively build a personal crafting hub at the Red Rocket?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:53 pm »

Yep. You have to decide if you'll keep the settler (provisioner) living on Sanctuary or on Red Rocket, though.
I'd move him to Red Rocket and set the link.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: November 17, 2015, 02:50:24 pm »

I really wish settlement management was made... 100 times easier.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: November 17, 2015, 02:51:42 pm »

It would be very nice to see who already has a job.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: November 17, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »

Yes! I mean, haven't they played Dwarf Fortress?  :P
It's really hell on earth assigning people to stuff. I'd just make a little screen so that you could assign a job to someone.
Scavenger/Farmer/Trader/etc. So they'd either pick any available job by themselves based on priority, or get a station based on their job.
And also keep manual assignment.

Fallout Shelter had that screen with all settlers and their jobs. Something like that would be great, especially if you could assign jobs directly on the screen.
Given that every video I watched mentioned this, they ought to do something about it eventually.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: November 17, 2015, 03:08:08 pm »

Also to set beds to be automatically claimed. An option to set everything up for the next person to join the settlement would be nice.

Although, frankly, I would be glad if they just made more things work with hills, and made &@%$&!$^ junk fences &@$#ing work instead of being for aggravating to use.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: November 17, 2015, 03:09:28 pm »

It is also annoying that settlers will just decide that they don't need to work.

I could take ALL the annoying "set someone to do this job" if they at least fulfilled the jobs I set...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: November 17, 2015, 03:10:43 pm »

New settlers, atleast that I have found, take jobs that are open when they join...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 462