Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830040 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3585 on: November 17, 2015, 10:08:05 am »

Aw man, this one-companion limit is a pain in the arse... I want them all to come with me!
Not that they seem to be much help, from what I've seen, but they're nice to have around and interact with.
Adsfasdsdaf. I hope Mr. S will forgive me for postponing our gruesome adventures to have some gruesome adventures with another gruesome adventurer...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: November 17, 2015, 10:08:48 am »

New Vegas would have been much better if Obsidian had enough time to finish the post game content, a la Broken Steel. But they didn't. :'(
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: November 17, 2015, 10:10:39 am »

New Vegas would have been much better if Obsidian had enough time to finish the post game content, a la Broken Steel. But they didn't. :'(

They did push a lot of the unfinished content onto DLC. With one DLC that has the most interesting character in the entire game... but is part of the worst DLC in the entire game.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: November 17, 2015, 10:12:07 am »

Don't insult Old World Blues like that.
(:P)
Black lives matter.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: November 17, 2015, 10:12:24 am »

Aw man, this one-companion limit is a pain in the arse... I want them all to come with me!
Not that they seem to be much help, from what I've seen, but they're nice to have around and interact with.
Adsfasdsdaf. I hope Mr. S will forgive me for postponing our gruesome adventures to have some gruesome adventures with another gruesome adventurer...
Not to fear, fair adventurer! As soon as the GECK is available, this is the first thing I'm going to work on. Also inserting a hyper aggressive munchkin who sounds like a radio DJ.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: November 17, 2015, 10:40:40 am »

Well then, the difficulty certainly ramps up if you stray too far off the beaten path.
Maybe it wouldn't be so noticeable if my current character was some sneaky long-range sniper type... but it's hard being a hamfisted brawler when just about everything you come up against gibs you in a couple of hits. :P I reckon my next session will involve a lot of getting the fuck outta dodge.

Fuck mirelurks, ghouls were bad enough- I need a vacation.
Yeah, I got frustrated last night because I got a mission to investigate a place which, it turned out, was full of hostile super mutants.  First ones I saw, and at least one of them was super accurate with his fat man.

Since I'm only level 12 or so, and mainly specced for talking and infiltrating, I think I'm going to consider this a wake-up call and start building up the settlements I've already liberated.  It was frustrating but it's actually a cool thing, makes sense that my non-powerhouse wouldn't be able to casually clear such a camp yet.  (If I really wanted to I could come back in power armor with my own fat man, and properly modded weapons, and maybe summon allies.  Later, though...  They'd get slaughtered now)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: November 17, 2015, 10:42:57 am »

Well then, the difficulty certainly ramps up if you stray too far off the beaten path.

Actually the game gives you a nice hint.

Difficulty is proportional to how far south you are.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: November 17, 2015, 11:05:47 am »

East is also quite dangerous.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: November 17, 2015, 11:12:49 am »

It has more to do with how the "safe pockets" work. It is like the difficulty radiates out from the vault...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 17, 2015, 11:30:44 am »

Anyone else having this odd bug where your settlements will reset the amount of beds its detecting, for example: Sanctuary has like, 22 beds I put down. When I leave it only detects 4. When I come back it reads the full 22 again. It's keeping my beautiful settlement from reaching 100% happiness.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:12 am »

It has more to do with how the "safe pockets" work. It is like the difficulty radiates out from the vault...

East has some safe and/or easy pockets and corridors of its own.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 17, 2015, 11:44:42 am »

From my experience East seems a heck of a lot more dangerous... I probably haven't been far enough South to accurately compare them.

Anyway, I am loving this game.
I had my doubts about the main story, but the last mission I did restored a lot of my faith in it. Was actually really dang fun.

Not to fear, fair adventurer! As soon as the GECK is available, this is the first thing I'm going to work on. Also inserting a hyper aggressive munchkin who sounds like a radio DJ.
Sounds good.
I guess one problem would be the lack of inter-companion dialogue... perhaps that was part of the reason you can't have more than one as it is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: November 17, 2015, 11:59:20 am »

If you go directly east to the farm that is within visual sight of the raised highway, that is not too bad by level 10 or so. To push straight over and take on the things around that highway you should probably have good gear and a bit of damage perk. Maybe level 15. There are some bad places, but some safe walking spots going about twice as far away from Sanctuary as the farm is. You can explore carefully before level 20. I have not gotten as far as the coast. That's about 3 times as far away as the farm is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 17, 2015, 12:06:55 pm »

I don't have the game open right now to check the map, but I'm pretty sure I was much further East than that farm when things got hairy.
Was fun, though. I'm not complaining about it being tough!
Booze is Life for Yoink

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 17, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »

East is where it starts to turn and you'll be shot at by missile and mini nukes. Oh the times I had a mini nuke whiz by my head and then BOOM DEAD.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 462