Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830268 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3510 on: November 16, 2015, 07:35:26 am »

Also, spoilers for a certain place northeast of Sanctuary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And another small spoiler about that location :

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: November 16, 2015, 08:05:58 am »

Wow, had to google search last night to find the old woman's chair.  Since it wasn't under "chairs".  I chased her around and built three, didn't know it was in a "special" tab above furniture.

I originally scrapped a lot of chairs and other green-highlighted things but I guess that was somewhat wasteful, I should have stored them instead.  But, how do I place things once I've stored them?  I guess chairs are just decoration anyway, or maybe happiness...

Also kinda weird that there's a couple of items, patio chair and patio table I think, which are green not-junk but can't actually be stored.

Washisname also came off as crazy as he walked me through the basic needs tutorial despite me having already done everything.  "You gonna help or not!?"  "I already did help, you crazy coot!"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: November 16, 2015, 08:07:38 am »

I originally scrapped a lot of chairs and other green-highlighted things but I guess that was somewhat wasteful, I should have stored them instead.  But, how do I place things once I've stored them?  I guess chairs are just decoration anyway, or maybe happiness...
From what I've read, when you store something there's a number below that construction, and when you build another of that it takes away from that number rather than your materials.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: November 16, 2015, 08:45:42 am »

Finally went to Goodneighbor. Gotta say, I was suprised to find
there.

It also has the best gun vendor I've yet seen.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: November 16, 2015, 09:09:34 am »

I'm contaminated :
got it yesterday, played 10 hours, have 101 save files.
And it feels like I've only just begun :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: November 16, 2015, 09:31:39 am »

Yeah, it's got this weird thing where each autosave apparently makes a new save file.

Also, found a new reason to follow Brotherhood vertibirds around (as if getting to loot full suits of T60 from dead Knights wasn't enough): sometimes if you're lucky a gunner will get shot out without the whole craft being destroyed; turns out that they carry the full supply of 5mm ammo for the miniguns they man, I found ~550 rounds on one.

Also also, while you're in Goodneighbor, be sure to look around for quests. One of 'em will nab you a rather nifty gun if you make the correct choices.

Full-auto laser rifles are absurdly good as long as you mod them for as much recoil control/reduction as possible; my attempts at a laser SMG and scattergun went from straight ahead to aiming at the ceiling in less than a second.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:32 am »

The weird thing is laser weapons are supposed to have little to no recoil, and most of them are semiautomatic anyway.
Black lives matter.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: November 16, 2015, 09:49:28 am »

Damn, seems that room with all items does not have all items.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: November 16, 2015, 10:06:40 am »

I remember using cigarettes (at least cartons and packs) as currency in previous games too (not as actual currency but junk with better than normal value), but in FO4, pre-war money and cigarettes are considered "junk" and get filtered that way. Somewhat annoying in my opinion.
Cigarette cartons and packs were used in Fallout New vegas: Dead Money DLC to gain local money. Maybe you were remembering that?

I don't think so, cigarettes were pretty decent commodity items for barter in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. High value, low weight, relatively plentiful and also makes sense as a bartering item from an in-game point of view. Well except for the fact that they'd all be horribly dry or maybe decidedly dangerous (immediately rather than long-term) to smoke.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: November 16, 2015, 10:23:15 am »

There is no plasma caster ;-;7
Also room with all things does not have weapon mods.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: November 16, 2015, 10:39:14 am »

I remember using cigarettes (at least cartons and packs) as currency in previous games too (not as actual currency but junk with better than normal value), but in FO4, pre-war money and cigarettes are considered "junk" and get filtered that way. Somewhat annoying in my opinion.
Cigarette cartons and packs were used in Fallout New vegas: Dead Money DLC to gain local money. Maybe you were remembering that?

I don't think so, cigarettes were pretty decent commodity items for barter in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. High value, low weight, relatively plentiful and also makes sense as a bartering item from an in-game point of view. Well except for the fact that they'd all be horribly dry or maybe decidedly dangerous (immediately rather than long-term) to smoke.
Yeah, I'm sure that if you ran a mod that gives caps weight they were a nice item to carry around.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: November 16, 2015, 10:43:58 am »

NO I MUST WAIT!!!
MUST NOT BUY OFF STEAM ATM, MUST NO BUY OF STEAM ATM!!!
GAH I SO WANT THIS GAME!!!!

Sadly cause I am Aussie, Fallout is selling at around 115$ AUD due to the exchange rate being REALLY shitty at a whole 70c for our $ T_T
But EVERYWHERE is all about Fallout! I don't want this anymore!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: November 16, 2015, 11:00:33 am »

Finally went to Goodneighbor. Gotta say, I was suprised to find
there.

My favorite part of the game so far :D

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: November 16, 2015, 12:33:56 pm »

NO I MUST WAIT!!!
MUST NOT BUY OFF STEAM ATM, MUST NO BUY OF STEAM ATM!!!
GAH I SO WANT THIS GAME!!!!

Sadly cause I am Aussie, Fallout is selling at around 115$ AUD due to the exchange rate being REALLY shitty at a whole 70c for our $ T_T
But EVERYWHERE is all about Fallout! I don't want this anymore!

Be pirate, sire.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: November 16, 2015, 12:37:48 pm »

Pirate not! Endure the want, and master your lust for a quality gaming experience!

or, really, do whatever you want, i'm not actually here to judge

just present a counterproposal
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 462