Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830938 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: KILL LOOT RETURN
« Reply #2880 on: November 09, 2015, 04:08:51 pm »

Hey, I understand you completely. I could barely get the game, and then I noticed the minimum requirements is 2GB VRAM, and I have 1GB VRAM.

How it will work? I don't know. But it will.
*STARES AT MINIMUM*
*STARES AT SPECS*
8gb of ram? nnNNOOOOOOOOO
Uh.

Wasn't the point behind having relatively outdated graphics in Fallout 4 that it wouldn't. You know. Take so much resources to run?

I mean, I remember people talking about this, like, a few days ago. In this very thread.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: November 09, 2015, 04:13:46 pm »

8 GB is basically a bare minimum these days. That's $50 of RAM. A graphics card of the same cost will get you a Radeon HD 5450 or Geforce GT610. Them's youtube cards. From 3 years ago.

The game is designed for PS4 and Xbox One. Both are essentially mid-end computers. Both have 8 GB ram.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:16:02 pm by Putnam »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: November 09, 2015, 04:19:21 pm »

Uh.

Wasn't the point behind having relatively outdated graphics in Fallout 4 that it wouldn't. You know. Take so much resources to run?

I mean, I remember people talking about this, like, a few days ago. In this very thread.

Yeah, that was weird. I just assumed everyone else who was talking like those were reasonable specs had been upgrading their computers, while I hadn't been. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: November 09, 2015, 04:30:25 pm »

8 GB is basically a bare minimum these days.
But... I have only 4 GB...

I guess it helps that I basically ignore all graphics-large games, but still. 8 GB is insanely large, for a game. That's like, 4 Diablo IIs. And that's terrible.
._.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: November 09, 2015, 04:37:55 pm »

I do think the minimum specs are okay (even though it recommends a Quad-Core on the AMD side).
I mean, I hadn't touched my PC in 5 years except for parts that stopped working. So I'm not complaining at the game or anything. I just got out of touch with things and wasn't expecting a 2GB VRAM minimum.

The only thing I find weird are the Recommended CPU specs, AMD FX-9590? What are you going to do with those 8 cores at 4.7 Ghz? Simulate the entire wasteland and the surrounding planets?
I bet an i5 would suffice too.
I kind of can't grasp the 8GB. But since people said some interiors are also loaded - which remove constant loading screens - I can sort of understand.

But yeah, I'm most definitely out of touch with specs and all that since I've been mostly playing indie titles nowadays.

>> Took me too long to realize that those things really probably were all discussed to death.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:41:26 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: November 09, 2015, 04:41:39 pm »

I can't even afford the game! D:
I'm mostly just hoping against hope I'll be able to /launch/ the damn thing.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: November 09, 2015, 04:44:43 pm »

For things like Fallout, CPU is hardly ever a bottleneck.
I do agree that 8GB of RAM is a very reasonable amount nowadays, and also that old Radeon cards do pretty well. My old Radeon HD Mobile 5650 ran far more than it had any right to, until it started overheating a lot and creating crash-inducing artifacts on things like Aero window frames and YouTube videos.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: November 09, 2015, 05:13:59 pm »

It'll be you the one sneaking around, my friend.

I think while I wait, I should write a book: "How to cope with hype."
If I know one thing, is that one doesn't need to be successful in a subject in order to write a bestseller about it.

EDIT: Coping, while listening to this.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:19:52 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: November 09, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »

You cannot cope with hype.
There are no brakes on the hype train.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: November 09, 2015, 05:26:29 pm »

I gave in and preordered.

At least Steam has the whole refund system. Also, I hope they don't try to sneak in the 'pay for mods' thing with FO4. I suspect they won't given the title's size, but then again...

So did I. And I was so proud that I had managed to not give in.

I feel like I just guilt-ate seven cakes.
Love, scriver~

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: November 09, 2015, 05:34:05 pm »

I gave in and preordered.

At least Steam has the whole refund system. Also, I hope they don't try to sneak in the 'pay for mods' thing with FO4. I suspect they won't given the title's size, but then again...

So did I. And I was so proud that I had managed to not give in.

I feel like I just guilt-ate seven cakes.

Yes children. Break and give in. Bahahaha

Next time we should make a group of the ones who tried to not buy it and failed. I only bought it last week, and I was trying so hard to ignore it.
At least when we all break it will be synchronized and beautiful.

You cannot cope with hype.
There are no brakes on the hype train.

ATOM BOMB BABY ATOM BOMB

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: November 09, 2015, 05:47:52 pm »

I still haven't bought it and still have no intention of doing so (Why would I? I'm below the minimum specs, and if I was going to upgrade, I certainly wouldn't do it for a game which will probably be buggy as hell for the next 9-12 months). :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: November 09, 2015, 05:50:59 pm »

I do question the motivation behind coming into a thread for a game specifically to go "WELL I WON'T PLAY THIS".
It feels rather... well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: November 09, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »

Anyway I should go to sleep probably so I'll already change the title now, might not have time in the morning.
It makes me sad that I will be unavailable for all of Wednesday, both because of this and HOMEWORK.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: November 09, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »

He's doing this because he know he's going to break. I can feel it in every packet that comes in through my modem every time he posts about it.

Shadowlord, the wastelands calls to you. You won't be the Lone Survivor in this thread.

Maybe I should stop posting..
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 462