Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830961 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #2910 on: November 09, 2015, 09:38:57 pm »

Isn't it already unlocked?

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: November 09, 2015, 09:43:24 pm »

been watching some lets plays because I'm a poor college student with a terrible laptop and i would say it looks fine to me. if you want some spoiler free videos of character creation and base building i will link some robbaz videos. the first one does have the first intro bit leading up to the vault but skips the vault events and you could just stop watching after creation if you want.

Character creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeyzcUAg54
Base building: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LvubPRR1D8

any yes you can make crazy silly faces. also you can be chubby looking.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: November 09, 2015, 09:46:53 pm »

Slept for almost 3h, then woke up with the energy of a thousand suns.
This usually happens when I try to forcibly change my sleeping patterns.

At least here in Brazil, it's not unlocked yet. Only 4am confirmed.  ::)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: November 09, 2015, 09:48:53 pm »

Are they really releasing it based on local time? Seems like a bizarre thing to do in the internet age; Steam says it won't be out for three more hours.

Personally, I hate to say it, but I'll avoid the hype as best I can. This is the first game in a long time that I've been interested in enough to want myself, but which I can neither run on my computer nor am willing to buy at full price. So I'll resign myself to ducking spoilers until I get a better PC and it inevitably goes on Steam sale for tembux two years from now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:51:02 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: November 09, 2015, 09:49:08 pm »

At least one person on my friends list is playing. I'm so jealous I think I may actually detonate into a supernova.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 09, 2015, 09:51:26 pm »

HUUUUURGH
I want to sleep so I'll be ready to play for the half hour or so before I have to work, but I'm too HYPE to do so.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: November 09, 2015, 09:53:30 pm »

been watching some lets plays because I'm a poor college student with a terrible laptop and i would say it looks fine to me. if you want some spoiler free videos of character creation and base building i will link some robbaz videos. the first one does have the first intro bit leading up to the vault but skips the vault events and you could just stop watching after creation if you want.

Character creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeyzcUAg54
Base building: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LvubPRR1D8

any yes you can make crazy silly faces. also you can be chubby looking.

Oh yeah, I'm watching the Base Building now. Only Robbaz can help me with my hype.

The good thing is that he's one of the few youtubers who are as good as me in videogames (:P), so I don't bash my keyboard every two minutes in his videos.
(I highly recommend watching the From the Depths videos from him to get a good idea of his dedication)
I didn't know you could place stuff in a non-grid fashion. He just placed a set of stairs in the middle of nowhere. This looks cooler than I thought.

Expectations: set them low and always be happy.

HUUUUURGH
I want to sleep so I'll be ready to play for the half hour or so before I have to work, but I'm too HYPE to do so.

I feel ya brah. I actually dreamt Raiders tried to mug me and I killed them with VATS.
In my defense, Fallout has been with me since I was a little kid. So I think it's the only franchise nowadays that makes me feel like one.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: SCP-1992-J HAS DERAILED
« Reply #2917 on: November 09, 2015, 10:04:35 pm »

ALERT TO ALL FOUNDATION PERSONNEL: An instance of SCP-1992-J has derailed.  It appears to be carrying large amounts of nuclear material.  This much nuclear material could devastate an extremely large area of impact and has already triggered a MAD protocol.  All Foundation personnel are to proceed to their designated shelters immediately.  Current projected impact site: The continental United States.
Repeat...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 09, 2015, 10:06:18 pm »

...Salem is a place we can go to, I believe.
Yes. THAT Salem. With the witches. Hohboy.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: November 09, 2015, 10:07:14 pm »

You think you have it bad-I have 0GB of VRAM, because my computer is actually a very small man in a box with a calculator
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: November 09, 2015, 11:26:53 pm »

Are they really releasing it based on local time? Seems like a bizarre thing to do in the internet age; Steam says it won't be out for three more hours.

Personally, I hate to say it, but I'll avoid the hype as best I can. This is the first game in a long time that I've been interested in enough to want myself, but which I can neither run on my computer nor am willing to buy at full price. So I'll resign myself to ducking spoilers until I get a better PC and it inevitably goes on Steam sale for tembux two years from now.
It does seem a bit arbitrary, but I can kinda understand.  For one thing it may help distribute the download load (though preloading does that too, better).
Of course, I wouldn't mind, I live on the east coast :P
And can't play for at least 4 more days :-X
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 09, 2015, 11:53:34 pm »

I've worked extra hard so that I have zero responsibilities tomorrow. I woke up at 5:30PM today. Kettle's on, a pot of coffee is brewing, and the fridge is stocked with cheap beer and microwave meals. The game unlocks for me in 6 minutes and counting. Twenty four hours of FO4, here I come.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: November 09, 2015, 11:57:26 pm »

Since I can't sleep, let's do this. 5 minutes.
Don't forget to download the PipBoy app so you can have the best damn stupid little thing on your phone. Or whatever the lizard man said.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 10, 2015, 12:03:32 am »

WELL FUCKING FUCK ON A SHIT SANDWICH

FUCKING MIDNIGHT, IT RELEASED AND Y'KNOW WHAT?

HOUR LONG UPDATE TIME!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKINTERCOURSE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:17 am »

COME ON YOU SACK A SHIT JUST FINISH DOING THINGS SO I CAN TEST TO SEE IF I CAN RUN IT SO I KNOW TO SPEND MONEY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 462