Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830360 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: P R E L O A D I N G
« Reply #2745 on: November 07, 2015, 07:56:07 pm »

Knowing the series they will probably hint strongly we are a Synth even giving us outright clues...

Then have a developer chime in and say "No, he was never a Synth"

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: November 07, 2015, 07:57:39 pm »

y so salty tho

They gave us a dog Neo. A DOG. My parents didn't give me one. Beth did. Stop poking fun at them.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: November 07, 2015, 07:58:21 pm »

The fallout series is very schizo-tech, so really, it's not something to worry about too clearly.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 07, 2015, 08:02:40 pm »

That's because we need to get to 200 pages before release. That said, are the Mede emperor dragonborn/dragonblood? Because they only appeared after the dragonfires stopped being relevant to the coronation (thanks to Martin).
They definitely aren't, that's why the blades stopped being a thing.

My understanding was that they were Dragonborn, but there weren't any dragons, so they couldn't really demonstrate it, aside from the Amulet of Kings only being wearable and working for Dragonborn. (The pact with Alessia was made when she was dying, so changing her blood to make her a dragonborn at that point couldn't have affected any children she would have already had. Plus apparently it contains her soul or something, says a wiki.)

I haven't heard that part about Alessia but her descendants clearly were capable of wearing the amulet of kings and all that. I don't think it makes any sense to say that the unimportant emperors were dragonborn but couldn't demonstrate it. That would mean having several simultaneous dragonborns vying for inheritance. Makes way more sense to say that being the descendant of a dragonborn is what the blood of the dragon means in terms of the amulet of kings stuff. So you needed to be a descendant of a dragonborn to light the dragonfires. After Oblivion the medes weren't so the dragonfires eventually went out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 07, 2015, 08:08:42 pm »

y so salty tho

They gave us a dog Neo. A DOG. My parents didn't give me one. Beth did. Stop poking fun at them.

Calling it now the dog is a synthoid!

And that actually makes a LOT of sense when you think about it.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 07, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »

Calling it now the dog is a synthoid!

And that actually makes a LOT of sense when you think about it.

Can I tell a personal story?
When I was a kid I wanted a puppy really bad when I was around 10. Feeling isolated, parents divorced, I'd never complain so no one would feel my sadness and all that. So I just wanted a puppy to play with. I had one once, but then some fucker stole it (is that how it's called when someone STEALS your god damn pet?)

Then, my brilliant father went ahead and told me he was going to get me one, a month before my birthday. I never felt so much hype in my life. This time I'd keep an eye on him. It was going to be all good again.
My birthday comes. My dad gives me a big box. No movement. Is the puppy dead? My father looks at me expecting to see a big smile.
I open the box, and it's a toy dog. You know, these robotic dog toys from the 90's that responded when you'd pet them, sing songs and try to face you when they hear your voice/noise?

Calling it right now: this game is about my life.
You expect a box of happiness and you get a SYNTHETIC TOY. Fuck you Bethesda.

PS: It does make sense but it doesn't, at the same time. The movements are too perfect. "We have the technology" would be an insanely lame excuse to justify making the dog a bot.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Fallout 4: /mbg/: manbutt general
« Reply #2751 on: November 07, 2015, 09:07:50 pm »

There was an interesting secret synth in Fallout 3.  From the Institute, even.  Pretty sure they weren't in FO 1 or 2, and I was a bit surprised at how human-like he was.  Particularly since I don't think Fallout has transistors, just vacuum tubes, which is why a lot of tech is so bulky.

But hey...  maybe MIT does have transistors.
Spoiler: FO4 plot prediction (click to show/hide)
Calling it now:

Spoiler: Main Plot Guessing (click to show/hide)

Called it a long time ago...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 07, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

i called it around the time i saw the "human popsicle" subplot and knew it took place in boston

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 07, 2015, 09:19:38 pm »

I'm not sure if it was actually possible for them to drop more hints than they did, TBH.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 07, 2015, 09:33:21 pm »

I always wondered how the Dovahkiin was dragonborn...
Goddamn furries (scalies?)
NO I MEANT
UH
My point is, I wonder how the last dragonborn came into existence. Like, were they a descendant, or can Akatosh just point at some fucker and go 'YOOOOUUUU'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: November 07, 2015, 09:40:48 pm »

I always wondered how the Dovahkiin was dragonborn...
Goddamn furries (scalies?)
NO I MEANT
UH
My point is, I wonder how the last dragonborn came into existence. Like, were they a descendant, or can Akatosh just point at some fucker and go 'YOOOOUUUU'

Hey, Akatosh has needs like everyone else. :V

3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 07, 2015, 09:52:38 pm »

I open my heart and tell a sad story, and people immediately start talking about entities from other dimensions impregnating random women.

Fallout 4 needs to be released to purify this Earth.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: November 07, 2015, 09:57:02 pm »

Sowwie, Gab. I feel you. :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 07, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »

On the topic of the story: I doubt doge will be synthdoge. Bethesda AI is all-natural stupid.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 07, 2015, 10:15:08 pm »

Sowwie, Gab. I feel you. :c

Thank you for acknowledging my feelings, King of the Skies which are Starry.

On the topic of the story: I doubt doge will be synthdoge. Bethesda AI is all-natural stupid.

But come on, isn't there any evidence of improvements to the AI?
I mean, didn't you hear when Howard said the NPCs weren't scripted? Or was that about Oblivion? [Okay, I might be pushing this joke too hard since it's a reference to that video someone (maybe you) linked a few pages ago]

I just hope it isn't Dogmeat AI from FO3 level of bad. He seemed incredibly broken to me most of the time.

Today I was wondering if the new perks could affect dialog choices. Like Lady Killer and a few others. Specifically, Attack Dog.
It has 3 ranks: Enables Dogmeat to hold enemy ; Grants chance to cripple limb ; Grants chance to inflict bleeding on enemy.
So if Dogmeat was really smart, and some NPC decides to run from you, the perk would work as a "discipline-level" for Dogmeat - making him useful in quest-related things.

Also, beware Fallout 4 perk page has spoilers regarding companion names. I didn't notice that before when I linked it - that sort of stuff I don't wanna know.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 462