Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830443 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: P R E L O A D I N G
« Reply #2730 on: November 07, 2015, 06:24:40 pm »

I am still waiting for the enetimable Fallout x Elder Scrolls crossover.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 07, 2015, 06:42:16 pm »

I'm not sure if he's saying the throne has some means of detecting Dragonborn or if he's saying the throne itself is secretly Dragonborn.

More that the throne indicates another non-human ruler.

Katariah Septim was a Dunmer.

The giant throne could be for, uh, visiting giants. I remember there being giant furniture in Oblivion, and there's Kirkbride art floating around of Tiber Septim meeting the King of Atmora, whose head was as tall as Tiber.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 07, 2015, 06:46:06 pm »

(Whereas in Skyrim assassinating Ulfric is right out)
I played NV before Skyrim and this really disappointed me. Ulfric was such a massive tosser to your face, but you can't do anything easy and gratifying about it.
Easy? No. Gratifying? Certainly.

I typically played Nords, and I always went Imperial in the Civil War. Where you slowly grind down everything he has accomplished and slaughter his followers singlehandedly. Then, at the final moment of the war, after you've stormed his keep and defeated the last of his people, he asks to die at the hand of the Dragonborn, to entwine his story with yours and be enshrined in legend as the usurper-king who had to be challenged and slain by the greatest hero/ine Skyrim has known since Talos was a man... and you refuse, leaving him to be executed by the Empire.

That was vastly more satisfying than sneaking into his throne room and cutting his throat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: November 07, 2015, 07:05:05 pm »

(Whereas in Skyrim assassinating Ulfric is right out)
I played NV before Skyrim and this really disappointed me. Ulfric was such a massive tosser to your face, but you can't do anything easy and gratifying about it.

All I wanted in Skyrim was to subdue the Empire using the Stormcloaks, and then murder the bitchy Ulfric.
I'm not knowledgeable about TES lore, but didn't the empire have two or more dragonborn emperors? Why shouldn't the Dovahnkin be free to become emperor instead?

All emperors were Dragonborn.

All emperors were dragonblood. Only Alessia and Tiber Septim were dragonborn. After Oblivion the emperors were no longer dragonblood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 07, 2015, 07:09:03 pm »

The distinction is extremely vague. Oblivion consistently uses "Dragonborn", and foreshadows to the next game by specifically saying that the Blades will be dormant until the next Dragonborn appears.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 07, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »

We are now in multiple pages of Elder Scrolls. :C
:C

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 07, 2015, 07:15:39 pm »

We are now in multiple pages of Elder Scrolls. :C

Because Fallout 4 is going to include a few hints about the next Elder Scrolls game obviously.

Oddly enough I have a sneaking suspicion it will.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: November 07, 2015, 07:15:56 pm »

That's because we need to get to 200 pages before release. That said, are the Mede emperor dragonborn/dragonblood? Because they only appeared after the dragonfires stopped being relevant to the coronation (thanks to Martin).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 07, 2015, 07:17:24 pm »

We'll meet the descendants of Harold (tree guy)...  Strange, lizard-like humanoids.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 07, 2015, 07:21:06 pm »

I wonder when they will reveal that Fallout is in continuity with Elder Scrolls.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: November 07, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »

My understanding was that they were Dragonborn, but there weren't any dragons, so they couldn't really demonstrate it, aside from the Amulet of Kings only being wearable and working for Dragonborn. (The pact with Alessia was made when she was dying, so changing her blood to make her a dragonborn at that point couldn't have affected any children she would have already had. Plus apparently it contains her soul or something, says a wiki.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: November 07, 2015, 07:45:51 pm »

We'll meet the descendants of Harold (tree guy)...  Strange, lizard-like humanoids.

Argonians?

Or maybe Geckos?

Can we talk about synths now? Why is everyone pretending like we're all comfortable with them? Were they in Fallout 1?
I had to watch a video series about Fallout lore because I couldn't make myself play through FO2 completely (because, for some reason, I wanted to play FO2, then FO1, then FO:Tactics). It corrupted two of my saves and the UI was making me insane, so I gave up.
But I just remember a crazy robot army from some of the old games (that I saw on the videos), not synths though.

Then again, I didn't explore FO3 or NV as much as I wanted. I used to get too overwhelmed with a lot of text, so maybe there were references back then.
It's so funny how the way you experience things change as you age.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 07, 2015, 07:47:15 pm »

Synths were introduced in Fallout 3, with the quest "The Replicated Man" which can be activated by talking to Dr. Zimmer in the Rivet City lab.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: November 07, 2015, 07:49:24 pm »

There was an interesting secret synth in Fallout 3.  From the Institute, even.  Pretty sure they weren't in FO 1 or 2, and I was a bit surprised at how human-like he was.  Particularly since I don't think Fallout has transistors, just vacuum tubes, which is why a lot of tech is so bulky.

But hey...  maybe MIT does have transistors.
Spoiler: FO4 plot prediction (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: November 07, 2015, 07:53:37 pm »

Rolan stop that nonsense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn, I'm pretty sure I finished that quest on my first playthrough. Yet I don't remember anything from it. [Except the spread tapes around the wasteland, and that someone from Little Camplight knows stuff about it and points you to a doctor. I got to that point in a recent playthrough.]
Damn be the past me for enjoying the game too much and never paying attention to the lore.

Also, I don't remember exactly when, but I heard from the lore videos that transistors did get invented.
I can't remember if it was after the Great War or on the same year it happened.
Still, by saying this I'm prompting someone else to correct me, which is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm angry at myself for not knowing/remembering things.  ::)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 462