Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830593 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: P R E L O A D I N G
« Reply #2715 on: November 07, 2015, 04:32:18 pm »

All I wanted in Skyrim was to subdue the Empire using the Stormcloaks, and then murder the bitchy Ulfric.
I'm not knowledgeable about TES lore, but didn't the empire have two or more dragonborn emperors? Why shouldn't the Dovahnkin be free to become emperor instead?

I mean, with that ultra-forged ultra-enchanted daedric set, dual-wielding ultra-forged ultra-enchanted swords that can leech life, it's not like someone can do anything about it.
Dang, that's a good point.  Particularly since you wouldn't have to murder him - just challenge him to single combat, like he did the previous king.  Would be rather appropriate, and everyone present would have to be a hypocrite to oppose you.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: November 07, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

Exactly Rolan, that's what I was trying to remember!
I never understood why Ulfric could be the superman and just challenge the king to a duel, and you couldn't challenge him.

Think about the possibilities. I think Ulfric would become the Tenpenny of Skyrim, with thousands of youtube videos of people murdering him in the most different ways.

I did test the "Become High King of Skyrim" mod, in which I promptly made him a gladiator (prisoner) and got him to fight with Nazeem.
Guess who hasn't been visiting the Cloud District very often?

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:39:11 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: November 07, 2015, 04:42:10 pm »

I never understood why Ulfric could be the superman and just challenge the king to a duel, and you couldn't challenge him.
Might be that you actually need to be a landed noble (a jarl, in other words) to challenge the high king.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: November 07, 2015, 04:45:45 pm »

I don't want to be that guy, but since you could be Thane and Best Friends Forever (which is ranked higher than Thane) with all the Jarls from Skyrim, wouldn't that count? I do get your point though.  ::)

I just really think that Ulfric being alive is canon. But if they ever enable us to kill him, I will be happy.
Sometimes I pick a grudge with a fictitious character for the weirdest reasons.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: November 07, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »

(Whereas in Skyrim assassinating Ulfric is right out)
I played NV before Skyrim and this really disappointed me. Ulfric was such a massive tosser to your face, but you can't do anything easy and gratifying about it.

All I wanted in Skyrim was to subdue the Empire using the Stormcloaks, and then murder the bitchy Ulfric.
I'm not knowledgeable about TES lore, but didn't the empire have two or more dragonborn emperors? Why shouldn't the Dovahnkin be free to become emperor instead?

All emperors were Dragonborn.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: November 07, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »

I always wondered how the Dovahkiin was dragonborn...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: November 07, 2015, 05:14:05 pm »

I played NV before Skyrim and this really disappointed me. Ulfric was such a massive tosser to your face, but you can't do anything easy and gratifying about it.

Not to further derail into Skyrim, but...Except that last emperor, right? The one who comes to Skyrim in that ship?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: November 07, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »

I always wondered how the Dovahkiin was dragonborn...
Goddamn furries (scalies?)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2723 on: November 07, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »

Not to further derail into Skyrim, but...Except that last emperor, right? The one who comes to Skyrim in that ship?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Dragonborn Emperor ended with Martin from Oblivion pretty much, all of them past it were regular humans.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: November 07, 2015, 06:01:37 pm »

The Dragonborn Emperor ended with Martin from Oblivion pretty much, all of them past it were regular humans.

Shall we forget the giant throne?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: November 07, 2015, 06:09:34 pm »

...huh?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: November 07, 2015, 06:11:00 pm »

I'm not sure if he's saying the throne has some means of detecting Dragonborn or if he's saying the throne itself is secretly Dragonborn.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: November 07, 2015, 06:11:25 pm »

I'm not sure if he's saying the throne has some means of detecting Dragonborn or if he's saying the throne itself is secretly Dragonborn.

More that the throne indicates another non-human ruler.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: November 07, 2015, 06:12:44 pm »

Oh.  I thought large thrones were typically a substitute for a tiny...sword.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: November 07, 2015, 06:18:13 pm »

More that the throne indicates another non-human ruler.
There was a giant emperor?  Did he ban the export of mammoth cheese and furs?
(sorry :P)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 462