Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830659 times)

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: P R E L O A D I N G
« Reply #2685 on: November 07, 2015, 08:06:56 am »

Guess I should finally finish Fallout 3. Even though I somehow hve problems with finishing Bethesda games.

And may I ask are the Perks in Fallout 4 as "uninspired" as in Falout 3, because if ou ask me most of them were freaking boring.
Even Skyrim's Perks were more interresting and they weren't great for the most part as well.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: November 07, 2015, 08:13:00 am »

Which is very strange of you given that F3 was just F2's plot regurgitated into a more nonsensical form.

Yeah but at least Fallout 3 was nice enough not to throw it in your face. It didn't have the big bad going "Neener neener neener" at you.

Or rather... Fallout 2's plot was more in your face bad then Fallout 3s and was much worse paced. While Fallout 3 is just a nonsense excuse plot that tries to copy Fallout 2 but never realized that what people liked about Fallout 2 was how it let you play the game the way you wanted to, without being beholden to the pacing of the first game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:20:05 am by Neonivek »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 07, 2015, 08:24:48 am »

Which is very strange of you given that F3 was just F2's plot regurgitated into a more nonsensical form.

Yeah but at least Fallout 3 was nice enough not to throw it in your face. It didn't have the big bad going "Neener neener neener" at you.

Or rather... Fallout 2's plot was more in your face bad then Fallout 3s and was much worse paced. While Fallout 3 is just a nonsense excuse plot that tries to copy Fallout 2 but never realized that what people liked about Fallout 2 was how it let you play the game the way you wanted to, without being beholden to the pacing of the first game.

I wonder how much freedom Fallout 4 will have.
I would guess some because of the "build settlements" thing it seems to have going.
But I guess we can only wait and see.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: November 07, 2015, 08:25:35 am »

Oh crap, now I went and prepurchased the game. What I have done? My graphics card is barely the minumum required for the game. Now I have to go and buy new card! Damn! Maybe some memory as well. Perhaps CPU too? Crap. This game is so expensive...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: November 07, 2015, 08:34:08 am »

I wonder how much freedom Fallout 4 will have.
I would guess some because of the "build settlements" thing it seems to have going.
But I guess we can only wait and see.

Honestly... I am not too optimistic. The modern series is an entirely different game then the classics of 1 and 2, and they don't even attempt to touch the original.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: November 07, 2015, 08:36:10 am »

As if the originals had much 'freedom'
they were railed as much as classic RPG goes.
They just guide the player so poorly that you have the illusion of freedom.

I think fallout 4 will be pretty sandboxy, given how roleplaying games tend to be these days.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 07, 2015, 08:40:52 am »

Much more then most games today and Fallout 3 and NV. There was quite a few things you could alter and reputations you could earn that would come back to haunt you in surprising ways. Plus there were quite a few ways you could approach a situation.

It was what the classics were trying to go towards.

I think fallout 4 will be pretty sandboxy, given how roleplaying games tend to be these days.

Sandboxy but insignificant. At least that is what I am going to guess.

Think becoming the archmage of the mages guild sort of deal.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:45:33 am by Neonivek »

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 07, 2015, 08:47:24 am »

they were railed as much as classic RPG goes.
They just guide the player so poorly that you have the illusion of freedom.

You could kill anyone besides the Overseer in 1 (and that you could still do at the very end of the game). Boom. More freedom than anything Bethesda ever did and most RPGs out there.

I wish Bethesda would just ditch essential NPCs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:50:20 am by Virtz »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: November 07, 2015, 08:58:03 am »

And refine their script writing abilities?

That is like asking Bioware to start writing believable dialog.

Now let me tell you my life story for no reason.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:05:43 am by Neonivek »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: November 07, 2015, 09:10:57 am »

I still don't see how that's different from games these days. You could still do all of that in modern fallout games, hell, only the main quest crucial characters are essential. You kill someone, and you fail a ton of quests. I honestly feel like you are speaking from nostalgia.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 07, 2015, 09:12:40 am »

No. The reason essential npcs are needed was shown with Dawnguard for Skyrim. Without setting everyone as essential, or a mod that makes NPCs run inside, vampire attacks pretty quickly depopulate cities, breaking quests and shops and being annoying in general.

Unless you are playing on console, if you really want to kill an npc you can just open the command... console and make them not essential, I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 07, 2015, 09:13:58 am »

No. The reason essential npcs are needed was shown with Dawnguard for Skyrim. Without setting everyone as essential, or a mod that makes NPCs run inside, vampire attacks pretty quickly depopulate cities, breaking quests and shops and being annoying in general.

Unless you are playing on console, if you really want to kill an npc you can just open the command... console and make them not essential, I guess.

In otherwords, you need essential NPCs because game developers are incompetent.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: November 07, 2015, 09:16:25 am »

What? No! Would you rather have them spend a 4 billion budget on every foreseeable outcome coming out of random encounters and things in game, as opposed to actually spending their budget on better places?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 07, 2015, 09:18:17 am »

What? No! Would you rather have them spend a 4 billion budget on every foreseeable outcome coming out of random encounters and things in game, as opposed to actually spending their budget on better places?

Ohhh... I don't know if I should comment on this one... but unintentional or not... this is kind of the funniest thing I read this week. I kind of wish you did it on purpose.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: November 07, 2015, 09:20:03 am »

Ohhh... I don't know if I should comment on this one... but unintentional or not... this is kind of the funniest thing I read this week. I kind of wish you did it on purpose.

Neonivek, that was uncalled for. You don't just laugh at someone's face like that. I just said my honest opinion, and everyone's entitled to have one, no?

If you truly feel that way, I feel very sorry for you and everyone around you, and I must tell you that you are a rude shit.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 462