Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830689 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: /mbg/: manbutt general
« Reply #2565 on: November 06, 2015, 01:36:30 am »

I am not exactly sure I am a fan of the Vats system... but I'll give it a shot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 06, 2015, 01:44:04 am »

Honestly, I like it a lot. FO3/NV VATS sucked a fat one for numerous reasons, and the PN bullet-time just didn't feel quite like Fallout.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 06, 2015, 02:18:32 am »

Are you ready to have your hopes crushed?
That's beautiful.

Indeed.

In fact that is the reason I'm so very suspicurious about the settlement building. It basically looks to me like it's going to be this games hyped up feature that they don't deliver on. The "radiant AI" or "living economy" of F4, if you will, as Beth has a history of doing things like that. It's one of the things I'm the most eager to see how it turns out, because I really want it to be good.

So basically Graphics Snobs who are complaining that Fallout 4 doesn't need a super computer to run...

I think the line of reasoning is more "why do I need a super computer to run it when it looks so unmodern".
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:21:40 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: November 06, 2015, 03:50:58 am »

Oh, are we talking about builds?
I'll probably go with a fairly average, normal character to start with before switching to the always-enjoyable 10 STR, 10 END, 1 INT berserker style melee bruiser and tearing a path of unnecessary destruction and hilarious dialogue across the wasteland. We'll just put it down to brain deterioration whilst in stasis or something. *shrug*       

The only problem I can see with this plan is low INT making customizing things difficult... we shall see.

Also it looks like my friend might be gonna buy it.
And he has a job! I'll be able to sit on my arse all day crushing skulls with a super sledge whilst he's at work! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #2569 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:59 am »

Honestly, I think it's great a triple A game runs on modest PCs well enough. Saw the minimum requirements for Assassin's Creed Syndicate today and got mad about how shameless some companys can be. Not everybody has a GTX 970 or want to spend that much money on a PC.

That said, it's a little disappointing that Bethesda is making a little better console game that also runs on PC, like everyone else in this industry. I understand consoles are the priority right know, but damn, those Fallout 4 screens really hurt my eyes when I look closely...

Anyway, once I start shooting in VATS (I love it, sorry old school Fallout fans) I'll forget about those supermutant model and textures.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:13:02 am by YaW »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: 4 DAYS
« Reply #2570 on: November 06, 2015, 06:29:48 am »

Oh damn it. Looks like it takes 30 gigabytes space. I have only around 10 G free... I have to uninstall quite few other games.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 06, 2015, 10:07:53 am »

Oh damn it. Looks like it takes 30 gigabytes space. I have only around 10 G free... I have to uninstall quite few other games.
Well this IS the only one you'll need :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 06, 2015, 10:32:27 am »

PSA: All GreenManGaming preorder-ers, GMG has released the CD keys; get'em and put'em in steam while they're hot.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: November 06, 2015, 10:34:48 am »

Well this IS the only one you'll need :P
Those other games include previous Fallout games. I need those too. But otherwise you are probably right.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: November 06, 2015, 10:40:03 am »

I'd like to congratulate the FO4 thread for generating 2600 posts before there was an actual game to play. (Mental note, page 174ish is where there's not months of speculation and memes to trawl through.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:54:44 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: November 06, 2015, 11:04:46 am »

Just got my key from GMG as well. I'm pretty hype. Here's hoping the institute won't just be evul technonazis and the brotherhood won't just be goody paladins of justice and compassion.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: November 06, 2015, 11:05:35 am »

Just got my key from GMG as well. I'm pretty hype. Here's hoping the institute won't just be evul technonazis and the brotherhood won't just be goody paladins of justice and compassion.
On the brotherhood front, the launch trailer shows the player fighting brotherhood members, so they may be more in line with stuff from the older fallouts/NV.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: November 06, 2015, 11:29:17 am »

Haven't got My GMG key yet.  :-[

Key is there, just didn't get an email about it :)

As long as it comes with enough time to preloaaaad.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:04:05 pm by Knave »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: November 06, 2015, 12:07:36 pm »

On the brotherhood front, the launch trailer shows the player fighting brotherhood members, so they may be more in line with stuff from the older fallouts/NV.
Let's hope so. I'd love to do a more neutral playtrough instead of the full blown dick kick'em: wasteland asshole that FO3 made you be.

Haven't got My GMG key yet.  :-[

Key is there, just didn't get an email about it :)

As long as it comes with enough time to preloaaaad.
I've heard that preload could be either tonight at 9pm GMT or on sunday. Nothing precise though. hype.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: November 06, 2015, 12:13:16 pm »

I think the slightly cartoony, bright style goes well with Fallout.
This made me groan out loud.
But it's true that it might work well.  It does fit the 50ths aesthetic, and this protagonist is actually *from* the prewar era.  So it somewhat makes sense.
I just like the vibrancy. FO3 and NV looked really washed out, dull and drab.

Some might say it adds to the posta-pocalyptic atmosphere, but STALKER managed to do it without putting a permanent green/grey/orange filter over everything and sucking all the colour out of the world.

As to the graphical requirements: something something triple A cannot optimize for toffee something something.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 462