Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831181 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: The Flesh of Your Fellow Man Can Provide...
« Reply #1995 on: September 27, 2015, 02:25:34 pm »

Funnily, Yao Guai died quite easy in my last playthrough, like they had negligible DR and average hp at best. Can't even recall their damage.

Deathclaws needed an anti-mat or gauss rifle to the head though.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 29, 2015, 02:04:38 am »

Now I feel bad for successfully killing a deathclaw on hard difficulty at level 2 with a 10mm pistol.  Actually developed into a funny story over time, as that character was on the 360, and when I added Broken Steel it messed up a lot of spawn points, so I regularly had deathclaws, albino radscorpions, and enclave sigma teams spawn directly outside Megaton, leading to hilarious situations where I would absently walk out of the main gate, immediately realize my mistake, shout out loud "Deputy Weld, NOOO!!" and desperately try to keep any merchants, water convoys, and random NPCs from being killed.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:14:38 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 29, 2015, 03:13:35 am »

I've been playing FO3 with some mods to make it pretty/better, and I just noticed I'm trying to turn it into Fallout 4.
I really love Bethesda for putting the things I always wanted to see in their games (crafting, weapons customizing, gathering, settlement building) - however, I've already started meditating and working on personal development.
Otherwise, I'm pretty sure No Man's Sky + Fallout 4 will be the end of me.

About the perks: it sounds weird to me, because I fear missing out on fun stuff since I tend to focus on Perception/Agility/Luck, but I love alternate results and additional details that Charisma (Barter, Speech) can bring. Still, it sounds better than keeping the even weirder skills system from past games.

I wonder if this is to simplify for greater audiences AND to enforce a more tailored approach to character building?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 29, 2015, 03:45:10 am »

I'll probably focus on Charaisma for my first playthrough.
So that I don't miss out on any potential conversation topics. Unless it all depends on various attributes.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 29, 2015, 03:47:41 am »

Gotta admit, a character with 1 INT and 100 science did sound funny. I accept that everything can be learnt or practiced to perfection, but a guy who can't even construct a proper sentence being able to hack (which is word-based, in a coding language) state of the art security terminals in government bases or run a debug on securitrons?

Yeah, there are savants, but still, I don't think that fits the player character's versatility.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 29, 2015, 12:07:02 pm »

Gotta admit, a character with 1 INT and 100 science did sound funny. I accept that everything can be learnt or practiced to perfection, but a guy who can't even construct a proper sentence being able to hack (which is word-based, in a coding language) state of the art security terminals in government bases or run a debug on securitrons?

Yeah, there are savants, but still, I don't think that fits the player character's versatility.

I dunno, what you described right there sounds like your average IT guy in any given workplace.  :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 29, 2015, 12:23:25 pm »

I dunno, what you described right there sounds like your average IT guy in any given workplace.  :P
Me IT, am confirm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 29, 2015, 03:11:39 pm »

Me IT, am confirm.

Could you also fight effectively against Super Mutants?
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 30, 2015, 10:29:42 am »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 30, 2015, 11:47:42 am »

The odd linkage here is that apparently Charisma will influence how likely you are to become addicted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 30, 2015, 11:55:57 am »

One would think addiction chance should be more about endurance, but I can see it being mental thing. But not very charismatic. But then again Beer increases charisma in F3, so...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 30, 2015, 12:01:24 pm »

The odd linkage here is that apparently Charisma will influence how likely you are to become addicted.
I bet that it would be among the first things to be "fixed" by mods when the game's creaton kit is released.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 30, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »

Well, it does make some sense that alcohol would increase your charisma a bit, but resisting drug addiction? Wut?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 30, 2015, 12:05:23 pm »

I bet that it would be among the first things to be "fixed" by mods when the game's creaton kit is released.
It might be for balance reasons. Maybe. It could be so that stats affect a somewhat equal number of things, to prevent any one stat from becoming the best stat. I hope.

Or it's just that you charm drugs with your charisma so they like you too much to addict you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 30, 2015, 12:07:36 pm »

It might be for balance reasons. Maybe. It could be so that stats affect a somewhat equal number of things, to prevent any one stat from becoming the best stat. I hope.

Or it's just that you charm drugs with your charisma so they like you too much to addict you.

Would still be one of the things I would "fix" with mods.
I don't like it when things doesn't make sense to me. Especially if they are made so for balancing purposes.
* Ultimuh Stares at Skyrim and it's Daedric Artifacts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:09:28 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 462