Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831495 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #450 on: June 10, 2015, 05:19:03 pm »

"Nothing to to with" is a bit of a strong way to put it. It's not like Beth and Zenimax Online are completely unrelated.

It's much like saying that Wolfenstein: The New Order was developed by Bethesda, or Dishonored, or The Evil Within, Quake Live, Rage, Doom 4...

They're two studios owned by the same parent company and not much more. The very most BGS involvement I've heard with ESO is that Kurt Kuhlmann is often consulted with when it comes to lore.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 10, 2015, 05:23:18 pm »

The very most BGS involvement I've heard with ESO is that Kurt Kuhlmann is often consulted with when it comes to lore.
damnit I read that as Kurt Kobain.  And that's not even how you spell his name, riperoni in pepperoni for me I guess.

oyeah he's also dead.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 10, 2015, 05:36:08 pm »

No, they're quite a bit more intimate than the other developers under Zenimax Media. Zenimax was created by Bethesda back in the day to handle the publishing, and Zenimax Online was then created under the Zenimax umbrella to basically be Beth-but-online. Iirc they all used to share headquarter offices, even.
Love, scriver~

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 10, 2015, 05:41:43 pm »

The very most BGS involvement I've heard with ESO is that Kurt Kuhlmann is often consulted with when it comes to lore.
damnit I read that as Kurt Kobain.  And that's not even how you spell his name, riperoni in pepperoni for me I guess.

oyeah he's also dead.
...and I read that as Kurt Kerman. Dammit, KSP.

A nice post pinpointing major locations in FO4's Boston and the location of Vault 111.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 11, 2015, 12:03:53 am »

What kind of music would you like to hear? More of Fallout 3's style, New Vegas', or something new? As much as I think western music probably fits a desert setting like NV's, I feel Fallout is always sort of a western, so I'd be open to more cowboy tunes. Then again, The Inkspots and gang set very good atmosphere for a bigger city. Are there any artists that characterize Boston?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 11, 2015, 12:11:07 am »

boston is not western

i rest my case

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 11, 2015, 12:13:53 am »

Yeah, but Fallout, regardless of where its set, is fundamentally about travelling from place to place in a barren environment either serving as a lawbringing hero, a snake oil salesman or a bandit. Seems fairly western-like to me. That said, yeah, it might be a bit weird on the East Coast.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2015, 12:47:13 am »

Energy weapons far surpass ballistics because energy weapons melt or goo-ify enemies with critical kills.

And then the game never cleans up the ash/goo piles properly and they make the game crash more.
It's never crashed for me.
...without me trying to CTRL+ALT+DEL out to use the Internet, of course.
Abnormal amounts of salt detected.
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 11, 2015, 12:48:56 am »

It was mostly a problem on the PS3 version due to the whole (again) 256 MB of RAM for logic thing.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 11, 2015, 01:06:27 am »

What kind of music would you like to hear? More of Fallout 3's style, New Vegas', or something new? As much as I think western music probably fits a desert setting like NV's, I feel Fallout is always sort of a western, so I'd be open to more cowboy tunes. Then again, The Inkspots and gang set very good atmosphere for a bigger city. Are there any artists that characterize Boston?

Apparently, from a very brief look, Boston is known for orchestras and choirs. Having several auditoriums and other buildings for orchestral music.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2015, 01:23:01 am »

Old school punk rock. Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, ya know the stuff.
I got nothing

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2015, 04:04:43 am »

Well... if it is Commonwealth and Institute, I expect two different genres to represent each. Though I have no idea what fits.
Punk and classical music generally don't fit in as the main genre, I think (and punk didn't even exist in the 60s, IIRC).
I guess the FO3 style is returning, judging from the trailer though.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2015, 04:10:05 am »

Punk is from ~1975

Fallout is based on 50s culture

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2015, 04:33:46 am »

Remember that punk rock ship in San Francisco in Fallout 2? :P

But yes, if we go 50s culture we'll get beatnicks and mods instead of punks.
Love, scriver~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2015, 05:12:45 am »

But yes, if we go 50s culture we'll get beatnicks and mods instead of punks.

Bongo music and accompanying post-apocalyptic beat poetry, then? Though that's more of a New York thing, no?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 462