Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724194 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #660 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of Hacker. I doubt it'll be that, but some kind of hacking would be cool - hacking cameras could play into the stealth aspect, security systems to turn them against those damn alien-lovers, drones, SHIV-successors. Maybe on a strategic level, too, to get intel and advantages when going against the ADVENT.
I think that would fit best with the new support class, since they can control a drone already. But I do think that the fifth class will probably focus on stealth.

I thought ranger was the stealth class?

Also, my vote is for a psionic-based class.
Rangers were stated to be Assault+
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 04, 2015, 02:06:08 pm »

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of Hacker. I doubt it'll be that, but some kind of hacking would be cool - hacking cameras could play into the stealth aspect, security systems to turn them against those damn alien-lovers, drones, SHIV-successors. Maybe on a strategic level, too, to get intel and advantages when going against the ADVENT.
I think that would fit best with the new support class, since they can control a drone already. But I do think that the fifth class will probably focus on stealth.

I thought ranger was the stealth class?

Also, my vote is for a psionic-based class.
Rangers were stated to be Assault+

Hmm, yeah, I thought they were Assault+Stealth.  I suppose it's possible we have a stealth-based class, but I feel like that's already covered by the Ranger and Sharpshooter.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 04, 2015, 02:10:28 pm »

I liked the old system where anyone could be psi, having a psi class would be a step back.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 04, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »

I liked the old system where anyone could be psi, having a psi class would be a step back.
Which old system? The old old system with no classes and just about everybody could do it, although they often sucked at it if they didn't have high psi-strength, or the XCOM EU/EW anyone with the Gift can be Psi?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 04, 2015, 02:16:09 pm »

I mean both, but I was specifically referring to the newcom system.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 04, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »

Splosionsguy seems reasonable, considering blowing up buildings involves that already. Or maybe that'll be Heavy's thing. Might be some kind of a Spy or Infiltrator unit - where the rest have to stay out of sight of enemy troops, they'd waltz right through, doing recon and general skullduggery once you start the operation like setting up traps or hackerizing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 04, 2015, 02:25:55 pm »

To be honest, a system where you can dress your operatives up as civilians would be awesome.  Wouldn't need a stealth class for that though, just your choice to sacrifice
armor for some of your guys.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 04, 2015, 02:27:00 pm »

Which old system? The old old system with no classes and just about everybody could do it, although they often sucked at it if they didn't have high psi-strength, or the XCOM EU/EW anyone with the Gift can be Psi?
Both, maybe? In OldCom anyone could be a psychic, even if a shitty one. In EW, as long as they weren't a MEC, any soldier had a chance at being one.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 04, 2015, 02:34:17 pm »

I'm really wanting to say there weren't any aliens shown in the trailer, but genetically modified humans. On the other hand not a single person walking the street notices people wielding large weapons in armor not apart of the government? I'd want to make a comment about sheep, but a group of sheep will get spooked when even one notice something. Then again, the entire thing was a trailer, its suppose to show the highlights of the game.

Regardless...I'll probably wait until its released to get hyped.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 04, 2015, 02:36:11 pm »

Both, maybe? In OldCom anyone could be a psychic, even if a shitty one. In EW, as long as they weren't a MEC, any soldier had a chance at being one.
But in new XCOM they only had a chance still, so that 104 will soldier might not actually be psionically gifted, but your 74 will soldier might.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 04, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »

My Psi dorks seemed to be the people who I didn't want to have the Gift. You know, those second-rate bores who'd somehow lucked into a specialization. Or worse, troopers I'd gotten as mission rewards. My Volunteer ended up being a guy like that, bah.

I never could stand the mission reward troops. They weren't part of my brotherhood of warriors, just some untrustworthy intruders who had no clue of what it was like to fight aliens. I usually got them killed quick, subconsciously or not.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 04, 2015, 02:57:42 pm »

Yeah, I wish they could be removed as rewards together. If I haven't raised him up from diapers with a gun in his hands, I don't want 'em!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 04, 2015, 02:59:35 pm »

I don't know, psychic, heavy, Zhang was pretty damn badass.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 04, 2015, 03:02:02 pm »

Splosionguy will be the Heavy. Dude's got a grenade launcher.

And the Support has been confirmed as having long range hacking abilities through his droid.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 04, 2015, 03:20:45 pm »

Pretty sure the volunteer (if they do an alternate reality jump or something) will be Annette.  Apparently part of the purpose of Operation Progeny was to give XCOM some guaranteed psi soldiers.  Which seems odd, since the gift is hardly rare... but still.  There was even going to be an achievement for using her as the volunteer, though looks like it got scrapped.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 469