Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724406 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #540 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:45 pm »

There is always the possibility they just did it for the RULE OF COOL.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 03, 2015, 12:36:35 pm »

Maybe the first mission is one of your squads getting ambushed and the council guy taunts you over the radio as the aliens move in?
I'd absolutely love this. He could keep taunting you over the whole game and I would still love it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 03, 2015, 12:39:25 pm »

Voice of the Council = Voice of the Agency?  Can I have genegineered agents too?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 03, 2015, 12:42:45 pm »

Maybe the first mission is one of your squads getting ambushed and the council guy taunts you over the radio as the aliens move in?
I'd absolutely love this. He could keep taunting you over the whole game and I would still love it.
*Xcom soldier gets crit and dies*
Council Guy: "Your performance lately has been... underwhelming."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 03, 2015, 12:44:10 pm »

Why, gods why Toady, is there no like button!  That was beautiful Enigmatic.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 03, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »

Perhaps Bradford, Vahlen, Chen and Suit were captured and... became the pioneers of Advent.  Freeing them from Ethereal mind control would be a solid bit of early game progression.

Having them taunt you would be amazing.  And I really doubt age would be a factor, even for Chen, though I bet he's a cyborg.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 03, 2015, 12:46:48 pm »

*Xcom soldier gets crit and dies*
Council Guy: "Your performance lately has been... underwhelming."
Mission to kill him. "Commander, uh, UH"
"Panic this, you sack of shit."
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 03, 2015, 12:49:51 pm »

I wonder if EXALT has any role in this - I think they stated somewhere ADVENT isn't EXALT (but maybe they are related, eh?). Or maybe they could join forces with XCOM at some point for their own reasons. They could teach XCOM their whole 'you can't capture me, poison!'-routine. Us terrorists need all the help we can get.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 03, 2015, 12:51:10 pm »

I wonder if EXALT has any role in this - I think they stated somewhere ADVENT isn't EXALT (but maybe they are related, eh?). Or maybe they could join forces with XCOM at some point for their own reasons. They could teach XCOM their whole 'you can't capture me, poison!'-routine. Us terrorists need all the help we can get.
I think EXALT might fill a role like the Conservative Crime Squad. They also want to defeat the ADVENT, but for their own ends... and are very much willing to sabotage you to do it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 03, 2015, 12:54:52 pm »

Given the architectural design choices the aliens seem to prefer (where's my mahogany tables and comfy red sofa dammit), EXALT was nowhere near important enough to warrant a say in the whole "world domination" matter.

It'd be cool if they were ditched and left in the gutter by their overlords (since EXALT'S whole shtick seemed to be "let the aliums get us world domination" it would be hillarious to see them delagated to the fringes, all but forgotten by the aliums) and now XCOM has to maintain an uneasy truce with EXALT's remnants.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 03, 2015, 01:08:53 pm »

Actually, the more 'EXALT rejected by the aliens' theory crafting I see, the more fun it sounds.  I would be completely okay with EXALT showing up as another anti-alien guerilla group.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 03, 2015, 01:16:35 pm »

If XCOM got steamrolled, EXALT may never had had a chance to get any real formation and power, and since the aliens got control, they just faded into irrelevance.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 03, 2015, 01:18:57 pm »

Yes, that's the major downside to the thought.  It would still be fun, if it happened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 03, 2015, 01:20:12 pm »

Solomon says ADVENT and EXALT are unrelated, but being that he's a filthy fucking liar and also their logos have convergent design, I'm not inclined to believe it.

I personally think the Council rep is now just one person among many dedicated to freeing humanity. Given the way the ADVENT site went, I think it would be hilarious and awesome if it turns out he's just been harassing ADVENT and the aliens by himself for the past twenty years.

As for the opening of the game, I am completely in favor of the opening being Bradford with a pistol, a beard, and a whole lot of crazy tracking down the commander.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2015, 01:22:16 pm »

And i would love a plot twist that you are exalt masquerading as X-Com to get popular recognition while X-Com bacame The advent.

However seperate guerella camps and maybe some UFO:Afterlight style diplomacy would work great.
After all when it comes to terrorism EXALT is numero uno!

Maybe htey will have a karma meter but istead of good and evil you will have a meter if you act like exalt or X-com with different bonuses each?

X-com would be more about frontal fighting and chivalry while EXALT is all about stelth and being subtle?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 469