Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724331 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:58 pm »

Solomon said they aren't DIRECTLY related. Food for thought.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »

He also said the Volunteer survived.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2015, 01:51:20 pm »

He also said the Volunteer survived.
The volunteer survived? What?

Does that mean I'll see my Combo make a return or is it some random-ass volunteer who isn't wearing pink armor?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2015, 01:52:53 pm »

"I don't think I've ever said this before," Solomon tweets, "but your ultimate psi soldier in XCOM, 'The Volunteer,' does NOT die at the end of the game. Everybody assumes that the soldier dies, but actually, they disappear before the Temple Ship explodes. I'm not sure anyone got that."Nov 20, 2014

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/20/xcom-designer-says-that-member-of-your-party-is-alive
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2015, 01:53:04 pm »

Yep. The cutscene didn't get it across, but Volunteer disappears just before it goes to shit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2015, 01:59:37 pm »

Yep. The cutscene didn't get it across, but Volunteer disappears just before it goes to shit.

But what does it mater, since that is all retcon'd and xcom would never have lasted long enough to make a volunteer in the first place?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

Baseless Speculation:  Cult of Sirius is the mainstay religion of the citizens of Advent.  All armed forces working under Advent are also part of the religion.

But what does it mater, since that is all retcon'd and xcom would never have lasted long enough to make a volunteer in the first place?
Alternate Universe, they might do some fancy load data from saved game thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:35 pm »

I refuse to believe that XCOM 2 is canon. AltUniverse? SURE! But not canon. NNNNNO.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2015, 02:05:31 pm »

I refuse to believe that XCOM 2 is canon. AltUniverse? SURE! But not canon. NNNNNO.

I'd have a hard time imagining where this game could have taken place.

It would have to have been after X-com Apocalypse... but either before or after the Robot rebellion.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »

He means as in canon to the NuCom timeline.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:13:47 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2015, 02:14:15 pm »

I wonder if EXALT has any role in this - I think they stated somewhere ADVENT isn't EXALT (but maybe they are related, eh?). Or maybe they could join forces with XCOM at some point for their own reasons. They could teach XCOM their whole 'you can't capture me, poison!'-routine. Us terrorists need all the help we can get.
They said that ADVENT isn't directly related to EXALT, but then again whenever have those fuckers ever done anything directly? (except charging toward encoders)

I'd love an alt-universe setting, because then I'd be commanding an alternate XCOM. Some sort of X-ALT, as it were
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »

I admit it kind of pisses me off when I go through an entire game winning it

Only for the sequel to go "Ha ha FOOLED YOU! you actually failed the entire time!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2015, 02:16:00 pm »

Well played, Urist, well played.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2015, 02:26:53 pm »

I admit it kind of pisses me off when I go through an entire game winning it

Only for the sequel to go "Ha ha FOOLED YOU! you actually failed the entire time!"
Some games don't expect/plan for a sequel.  Some games are designed for the good guys to win everything.  This is probably one of those games.
You either retcon just about everything and pass it off as the new canon timeline or you make an obvious what-if alternate universe.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »

Or I don't know... how about that volunteer came back evil...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 469