Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724674 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Demo Unknown
« Reply #2355 on: August 23, 2015, 04:57:48 pm »

Obviously the plan is to make the Greater Threat self-conscious about their masculinity.
Love, scriver~

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: August 23, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »

Possibly both. They'd find the actual ideas hilarious, but be horrified about where a pretty much minor design choice can be taken.
Admittedly though, the chesticle idea is great. If I ever make up a humanoid alien/fantasy race I'll try to put them just for the extra 'alien' and 'wtf' factors.

Also makes some swear words (phrases?) like [male organ]head a new meaning, possibly.

So... back to what the aliens are trying to do. There's a bigger threat out there, but how does making LBGTIQ Viper/Human/Thin Men genetically combined soldiers with... some sort of organs on their chests help fight against an enemy that Sectopods and Ethereals/Uber Ethereals (possibly in their prime) couldn't beat?
Are they trying to seduce them? Are they trying to fight by appealing to the Intergalactic Council for discrimination based on gender/race/sexuality/anything?

Ethereals and sectopods are probably few in numbers and high in demand. The only sensible solution is to go the route of the Imperial Guard and throw bodies at the threat until you win. Except that doesn't work so they're instead making an Imperial Guard that is staffed by space marines instead. But that doesn't work so they're making an Imperial Guard with space marines who are also psykers and can also fly.

Maybe that will be enough. If not they can find a new planet and make them join the Spaceperial Psyguard.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: August 23, 2015, 05:51:01 pm »

This whole conversation reminds me of the Giant Testicle Crab from Half Life.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: August 23, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »

This whole conversation reminds me of the Giant Testicle Crab from Half Life.
They didn't even try to hide it by naming it "The Gonarch" and having it spawn little white headcrabs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: August 28, 2015, 12:38:43 pm »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: August 28, 2015, 12:48:58 pm »

Not really surprised and probably for the best.

I was very curious how they were going to finish this game within this year to begin with.

Also for the best they didn't try to compete against Fallout 4. Because regardless of my thoughts on Bethesda's Fallout, it'll sell a hell of a lot more than XCOM and the media coverage will blanket the sun.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: August 28, 2015, 01:38:07 pm »

Release date's been pushed back to 2016 :(
I knew this was coming.  The gameplay they've shown off didn't look nearly clean enough.  Better it gets pushed back then we get a rushed release.  Especially since the aliens they've shown off are fairly similar to the old ones; unless they've hidden some stranger aliens up their sleeves, the game is going to have survive mostly on the new game mechanics being solid.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: August 28, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »

I think we've seen all of three aliens. It seems kind of obvious they have more.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: They're Jamming Our Release Date!
« Reply #2363 on: August 28, 2015, 05:10:20 pm »

Heavy sigh.

Oh well.
At least I have Halo 5, Fallout 4, Anno 2205, and Battlefront 3 to play during November.
It's not the same without XCOM2, though.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: August 28, 2015, 06:15:24 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Six months instead of three, oh the (embattled) humanity!

Supposedly it's to increase replayability and soldier attachment, though, which is a noble cause and/or very convincing PR jargon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: August 28, 2015, 06:16:28 pm »

It's not like they would delay by three months for some reason other than development, though.
If they wanted to avoid Novemberpocalypse (my new official term for the flood of games coming out in/near November!) then they could just shift release by a couple weeks or a month.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: August 28, 2015, 06:18:42 pm »

Probably smart not to try to compete with so many big games...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: August 28, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

Futile though. There will be no need for further games after MGS V. [/Fanboyism]

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: August 28, 2015, 06:24:56 pm »

Probably going to have to get the games that came before it first, in my case.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: August 28, 2015, 06:55:32 pm »

Futile though. There will be no need for further games after MGS V. [/Fanboyism]
It's true, I'm afraid. Once MGSV comes out Kojima will ascend to godhood, and all shall be right in the world.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 469