Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 252659 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2160 on: August 12, 2015, 11:43:50 am »

You asked for it.

* IcyTea31 runs off for a few moments, coming back with a broom, then sweeps all gods not on their side of the fourth wall to just there.

Now, where were we with our OOC discussion?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 12, 2015, 11:49:48 am »

Well, there was that price check for those Bony Creatures.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 12, 2015, 01:55:56 pm »

Don't suppose you guys want to start getting Essence together?
I mean, this makes, like, all the spheres but utter destruction of everything happy.  Creation, change, growth, magic, science, any gods predicated upon their species...Uh.  Well, most spheres focused on making stuff.
Probably some other spheres I'm not thinking of, because the actual construction will merit things like binding, any AI complex enough to actually ADMINISTER this would need a soul...Yeah, lots and lots of spheres.
I would, but I have on the order of about jack shit for essence, no actual pressing _need_ for such a planet, and lots of other things I want and/or feel I need to do with my essence first. If you're willing to wait, oh, five to ten ticks for it to be complete, then i could help make the seed and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to make overall, but other than that, I'm not really willing to contribute that much when I have my own projects to work on.

Speaking of which, is Izgamlo still playing? I hope?

I'm in the same situation, I need to create a new species or two (or three, I just remembered another one), maybe a moon and the steam engine with Dgetga. I suppose I could delay a few projects, but I'd still need at least two ticks.

"We are not just hooking up the actual brain to the machine, we are literally downloading the conscious of a mortal, and we are gods after all, it would be easy to just, ya' know, replace the mind every time it goes insane, or just give it lots of entertainment."
But wouldn't that be brain uploading? I'm pretty sure that's the proper term.

... Wait, did I come too late? where is everyone?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???) (OOC)
« Reply #2163 on: August 12, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »

I was thinking about selecting a mortal to be the AI. We could just download his/her brain!

Knowing Stirk and how KJP usually handled stuff like that, likely result is them going insane, since most mortal minds aren't built for that. Stirk's a bit harsher with unintended consequences and specificity of wording, from what I can tell, while KJP was a bit more unforgiving with letting your own decisions come around to bite you in the ass as to how effective or ineffective something would be and the expense involved, since costs weren't directly based on effectiveness.

I think. It's only been 17 ticks, so we'll see.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 12, 2015, 02:17:01 pm »

I'm still not convinced this all is a good idea, but the mind-too-weak problem can be solved by throwing in some Crux for divine-level resistance to that sort of thing and/or using lots and lots of mortal minds wired together in a hivemind/mindhive. Mortal minds might not be built to work as AI cores, but they can be made suitable with some creativity. No comment on whether it would be more efficient to just create a 'conventional' AI core from scratch.

Wait, did I come too late? where is everyone?
Yes, you did. Up here. Please stay quiet and don't force me to give you the broom treatment.

"He means it. Try not to disturb the Great Big People of OOC."

Didn't I just shoo you out, Aurosseu? You know, I can still hear your stage-whispers. Whisper for real or stay quiet. Ugh, do we even have a fourth wall anymore?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 12, 2015, 02:35:07 pm »

Conventional AI and/or technomancy AI.  And definitely no NEED for an AI, is kind of a requirement, but to ease life an AI would be a thing to install.  You know, trains running on time and all.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 12, 2015, 02:51:26 pm »

Well, I mean, it seems like making a mortal mind/soul to run it from scratch would be more efficient.

Great Trees operate on a similar scale, in some manner of speaking. Far greater than typical mortals, at least.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 12, 2015, 02:56:49 pm »

Well, I mean, it seems like making a mortal mind/soul to run it from scratch would be more efficient.

Great Trees operate on a similar scale, in some manner of speaking. Far greater than typical mortals, at least.
Possibly, but I do not trust even an immortal mind to run this thing properly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 12, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »

Fake Tick 18: The Fake Tick

Nilva chastises the Wolves for chasing after NHM like rabid...never mind. The Wolves stop their pursuit and apologise to their god for going against their will. As per Nilva's request, they first think about whether it would be right to murder him for committing heresy against literally every god. They promptly begin the chase again.

Nilva expresses her great disappointment with a facepalm. Soon, her priests begin copying the behaviour every time one of their followers says or does something stupid. This somewhat decreases the worship quality and quantity of Nilva's stupid worshippers.

Iliseth in her glorious wisdom creates a further 16,000 Humans to supplement the already existing population. With her nation bolstered by the new additions they once more make war against the CRD. They realise that decreasing casualties on their side will please Iliseth so they actually put some effort into beating their enemies. The war is won by Humanity in a matter of months with the New Kingdom and Great Tribe surrendering soon after. With Humanity as the highest world power and Iliseth as their One True God, world peace is established and the number of Iliseth worshippers explodes, even in non-Human settlements.

Stellarion approaches the most charismatic of Aurors - one who goes by the name of Chuch - and tells him to join an existing clan so that he they can better serve themselves and the races of the world. Stellarion goes to the clan shamans and tells them to accept the Aurors, which they do. The Charismatic Auror, seeing the prosperity of Humankind, joins them with his kin. With Humanity's peace and wealth combined with the Auror's natural ability with space, a new era of space exploration begins. The chitin moon is reached in a span of but three decades..... That's it, actually. That's the only other spatial feature, much to everyone's disappointment. With such an anticlimactic end, the Aurors' faith in Stellarion goes down. Their faith in Iliseth goes up, however, due to their continued contact with Humans.

Stellarion can see that there are four towers.

Luthus breaks into Frederick's palace and insults him for a few minutes. Frederick punches Luthus in the face, his Ring of Protection activating to protect his hand from the force of hitting Luthus' face. (Luthus: -1C)

Spinning Mag child: The child gleefully accepts his lord's request and gathers up his friends to play a new game. Unfortunately, he and his friends are arrested when they try to hide in their neighbours' homes which counts as trespassing.
Maag scout: The scout is reassured and maintains a vigilant watch against the enemy.

The people hear L/iuthus' public service announcement and do as he advises, staging an even larger riot. This has the unintended side effect of burning their entire city down, leaving thousands dead and many more homeless and injured. They blame L/iuthus for this tragedy and most cease worship of him. Seeing Humanity's wealth and the kindness of their character, they ask to join them and the Humans gladly accept. With their Art, housing them is a simple matter. There, they are exposed to Iliseth and seeing the good she's done for her people, universally begin worshipping her.

A bolt of lightning hits L/iuthus on the mention of a "Saint Stirk" and "meta-efforts", which no one except himself hears. (L/iuthus: -1C) ((No meta allowed.))

L/iuthus demands of his people to mark each-other on the forehead for destroying their city on his command. They promptly purchase L/iuthus statuettes and blaspheme heavily against them.

L/iuthus returns all Aurors to their original state, that being non-existence. He then attempts to make them like science and progress but he fails due to them not existing. Humans and Aag alike balk at the genocide and declare L/iuthus the Worst God and one that no one must worship on pain of torturous death. (L/uthus: -allE)

L/iuthus sends a thinly veiled threat to Patronius, earning the hatred of the Great Tribe.

L/uthus listens to prayers, but they are all blasphemies telling him what a horrible person he is.

Mavnon creates a bunch of giant bugs and spreads them across the world. They are promptly devoured by the wolf-based fauna and giant animals. (Mavnon: -6E)

Mavnon declares the great big swathe of land known as the Great March to be entirely off-limits to everyone. Rilem agrees to their god's demand and begin planting plants over there. Over the next few months, the Great March becomes entirely barren. Rilem considers this a sign that making a nature preserve there is a bad idea and begin strip mining it with suspiciously pre-built machinery.

Mavnon fixes a giant rock. (Mavnon: -1E)

Mavnon gives Herema some hippy powers and orders him to spread love and peace among the Dwarves and the Clan Rilem Dwarves. Everyone disregards Herema as a hippy, leading her to getting depressed and committing suicide, all the while wishing that Iliseth was her master instead of Mavnon. (Mavnon: -2E)

Huon is offered protection from the gods in exchange for becoming a High Priest of Mavnon. He declines, stating that he has switched to worshipping Iliseth and that being a base worshipper of hers offers much more protection (and perks) than being a High Priest of Mavnon.

Gai-gen listens to the prayers of his followers, but he's so inactive that pretty much everyone's forgotten he existed and have switched to worshipping Iliseth the Peace Bringer.

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
Start time: 2:01PM
End time: 2:41PM

Step up to my level, Stirk.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:50:24 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 12, 2015, 11:50:36 pm »

Aww. Its cheating if you don't post at your start time! And it is double cheating that you do it a day after a major tick  >:(.

Fine, as a Stirk of my word, I'll put an update tomorrow  ::). Due to your cheating, however, it will have no income calculations  >:(.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 12, 2015, 11:54:42 pm »

I'll make sure to write up a new Tick in a couple of days, then. Following the rules next time. (I didn't even know there were rules to begin with. :P Heck, writing it the day after was actually a handicap since I had to process one more action than usual.)

I don't even know what's so difficult about income calculation. Just subtract the previous list with the actions done in the Tick, then add their incomes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 12, 2015, 11:58:36 pm »

Please don't, Stirk. I haven't had time to figure out what I want done.

Andres, if you want to be more helpful, why don't you do the income calcs that were public so Stirk only has to worry about private ones? That way he can get the new tick to us more quickly _and_ have less work. You know, since it's so easy and all. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 13, 2015, 12:00:05 am »

I would, except Stirk hasn't done income calculations for no less than three Ticks and I have no idea what numbers we're all on now. Plus, I don't even know what peoples' income levels are which is kinda necessary when you're doing income calculations.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:02:05 am by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 13, 2015, 12:01:16 am »

That...is true.

Income calcs are rather important.

To be honest, I would almost rather have income calcs before actual turn goes up. I'd be all for delaying it until they were done, as having no idea how much Essence or Crux I have makes it difficult to gauge whether I can afford to spend a bunch of it safely.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 13, 2015, 12:02:41 am »

I could probably work out the income myself but I need the income calculations from two consecutive Ticks to do so. Also, new creatures could be inherently better worshippers than others so I need their data as well.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 166