Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 252640 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2175 on: August 13, 2015, 12:03:10 am »

It takes a while. I have to subtract everything, subtract the PMs, then calculate all the stuff I need to calculate to know what the income actually is, realize I forgot to calculate something and redo someone's, calculate how close someone is to raising their essence/power cap (...Which some people have and I had simply forgot to do), recalculate someone's income because I forgot about a race, realize that...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 13, 2015, 12:10:13 am »

Please don't, Stirk. I haven't had time to figure out what I want done.
This. I actually like the sporadic updates, as they leave room for shenanigans.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:27 am »

Sporadic is one thing, but once a month is entirely something else. Besides, Ye Gods had daily updates (for a while) and it was choc-full of shenanigans. Remember that one time when a bunch of gods ganged up on STF and Rolepgeek only woke up after the incident had already passed? Hilarious! :))

EDIT: Tick 18 came out on August 11. Tick 16.4 came out on July 15. Nearly an actual full month between Ticks. Even worse if you don't count 16.4 as an actual Tick. This goes beyond "sporadic".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:20:25 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 13, 2015, 12:19:50 am »

Please don't, Stirk. I haven't had time to figure out what I want done.
This. I actually like the sporadic updates, as they leave room for shenanigans.

I wouldn't have updated even if I felt like it, simply due to the fact nobody has posted yet  ::). But hey. He spent an hour fulfilling a bet, not like I can turn back now. Well Imma go to bed. Tomorrow I am packing up for a trip Friday, if you can browbeat Andres into retracting by the time I sleep/wakeup/dostuff/gettoactuallyupdating, then I won't do it. If not, then Ill go for it. S0rry, I gue5e.

EDIT: Tick 18 came out on August 11. Tick 16.4 came out on July 15. Nearly an actual full month between Ticks. Even worse if you don't count 16.4 as an actual Tick.

That is two ticks! And most of that problem was due to the super-confusing war. That ended up not happening anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 13, 2015, 12:31:05 am »

You missed my fixing the portals.  And EVERYTHING with the Planet.
Bad.  Bad fake GM.  Didn't anyone teach you to quote everything?

I DECLARE THE FAKEDOP VOID AS IT MISSED MANY ACTIONS.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:35:27 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 13, 2015, 12:37:08 am »

BOLD YOUR ACTIONS.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 13, 2015, 12:39:04 am »

BOLD YOUR ACTIONS.
You still missed them.
Edit: Fixed the problem.  Also, fixed it in a way that clearly indicates the existence of an action in a sea of white-glow white text.

And you missed certain location details on DEFINED actions.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:49:08 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 13, 2015, 02:17:47 am »

Edited in what was supposed to be in my post, Farg.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #2183 on: August 13, 2015, 04:19:56 am »

Decided to come back. I stopped because I missed a couple of days and just ended up getting overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of posts.

Can I have a brief summary of what happened in the last 6 ticks or so?

I'll make up some sort of IC reason for my absence.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 13, 2015, 04:45:57 am »

The last full Tick was over a month ago. I can barely remember the last Tick let alone the last six.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 13, 2015, 05:48:18 am »

Don't suppose you guys want to start getting Essence together?
I mean, this makes, like, all the spheres but utter destruction of everything happy.  Creation, change, growth, magic, science, any gods predicated upon their species...Uh.  Well, most spheres focused on making stuff.
Probably some other spheres I'm not thinking of, because the actual construction will merit things like binding, any AI complex enough to actually ADMINISTER this would need a soul...Yeah, lots and lots of spheres.
I would, but I have on the order of about jack shit for essence, no actual pressing _need_ for such a planet, and lots of other things I want and/or feel I need to do with my essence first. If you're willing to wait, oh, five to ten ticks for it to be complete, then i could help make the seed and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to make overall, but other than that, I'm not really willing to contribute that much when I have my own projects to work on.

Speaking of which, is Izgamlo still playing? I hope?

I'm in the same situation, I need to create a new species or two (or three, I just remembered another one), maybe a moon and the steam engine with Dgetga. I suppose I could delay a few projects, but I'd still need at least two ticks.

"We are not just hooking up the actual brain to the machine, we are literally downloading the conscious of a mortal, and we are gods after all, it would be easy to just, ya' know, replace the mind every time it goes insane, or just give it lots of entertainment."
But wouldn't that be brain uploading? I'm pretty sure that's the proper term.

... Wait, did I come too late? where is everyone?

Actually, in automation, uploading programs to PLCs is called downloading. Don't quite know why, maybe because it stems from a time where you initiated the download from the PLC.
Oh, and that's not just terminology, the very software, manuals, and such call it that as well.
Uploading is when you take data out of the PLC. It doesn't quite make sense when you're initiating it from the computer that downloads the data.

Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) are little boxy computers (you can easily find the size by image search), they're used for controlling industrial machinery.
We don't use very high tech computers there because of reliability.
Besides, even at it's rather low-tech, a single PLC can control a lot of industrial equipment.
--
Anyway, I'm still rather confused as to why Skolld is receiving so much essence, considering he's the worst god ever.
He doesn't even try to paint himself as the very definition of good, since in order to be worshiped, you have to be perfect.
The others, while occasionally admitting wrongdoing, still paint themselves as good guys.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 13, 2015, 06:06:56 am »

€€€

Price check for a void based magic system.
The people of the Void Kingdom seem to have a connection to the void, if Skolld only partially disconnects them, they could be thinking while holding any benefits the Void can offer.
So the Void Magic would be based on existence.

Basically, using the void would utilize powers like turning transparent, silencing sounds, and even phasing through magic, all by way of tampering with the state of existence.
They can also outright unexist parts of objects or people, making it a viable weapon. The only problem is it's dangerous, like, really dangerous.
Turning completely invisible, silent, or phasing through physical objects runs even greater risks of either the mind being taken by the void, or ceasing to exist.
One must run a good balance between existence and the void to safely use it, too much void and it could overtake you, too little void, and it'll be unfamiliar, and hard to detect.

This would of course make people rather strange compared to others, as they're half emotional and half unemotional.
And yes, this is Skolld's plan for the Void Kingdom, hence why he's making sure to bind the King to his emotions, so the King is permanently bound to both emotionless void, and emotions.
Balance in all things, that is the world's binds.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 13, 2015, 06:13:39 am »

Literally nothing besides a couple new gods showing up, and everybody shouting.
also some fourth wall breaking shitposting, but that's par for the course.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 13, 2015, 06:25:01 am »

Decided to come back. I stopped because I missed a couple of days and just ended up getting overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of posts.

Skolld transformed the Cursed Wolves, some of which then went on a rampage, then he made Shamanism, a magic utilizing the spirits of dead Cursed Wolves to do elemental magic.
Then he forced Shamanism onto unwilling people, like he always does, before sabotaging a war.
He now plans to make his own kingdom out of the New Kingdom, which I nickname the Void Kingdom.

Oh, and the New Kingdom popped up, which hates gods and tries to f*** up the other places.
They may or may not be flesh puppets of the void, as they're kinda unemotional.
Some gods accuse one another for helping the Void.

Nilva agonizes Huon, the clothier, yet again, putting googly eyes on him.
Another standing stone awakes, it's a weapon maker, capable of making god-killer weapons.
Oh, and the first standing stone knows many secrets, but doesn't tell them for free.

Oh, and some gods still argue, being jerks to each other, and sending their puppet states to war before making peace, then war, then peace.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 13, 2015, 07:15:28 am »

Where you here when Utter (Jbj) was bound to a mortal form? That happened awhile ago.

Oh and some gods tried to have me killed. They had good reason to, from their perspective.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 166