Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244841 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #480 on: May 31, 2015, 07:27:47 pm »

That would be the main point of discontent, yes. That, and the magic god trying to tear holes in the universe.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2015, 07:28:07 pm »

What have I signed up for.

I have completely and hopelessly fallen behind in both threads, so if anyone has a summary of anything important I should know that would be swell. Currently still slogging through the "So we're making a torus right/No toruses damn it" phases of the IC thread. The early ones, if that just kind of... keeps going.
Izgamlo tried to break the universe. Mavnon made him back down by threatening his life.
Isileth and Mavnon are having a friendly spar.
Uztot is insane.
Teburshe made a Star Seed where you can put Essence and Power in to turn it into a sun. The more Essence/Power you put into it the more you can affect its shape.
Teburshe made a World Seed. Same deal.
The sun and the world are unstable, likely due to the Power put into them. The world is more unstable than the sun. We are stabilising both with Essence and everything should be fine by next Tick.
Someone used a crap-ton of Power and now a part of the void is void-ier.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151076.msg6267115#msg6267115
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151076.msg6267248#msg6267248
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2015, 08:00:54 pm »

I have a question. If we end up giving more power than required to the planet or sun seed, will they be bigger?
And andres, I might have gotten a few things wrong. Sorry for the fake information, I'll try to correct it in a second.

What have I signed up for.

I have completely and hopelessly fallen behind in both threads, so if anyone has a summary of anything important I should know that would be swell. Currently still slogging through the "So we're making a torus right/No toruses damn it" phases of the IC thread. The early ones, if that just kind of... keeps going.
heh, we're barely maybe coming close to an agreement for the shape of the world, and the argument for the sun isn't resolved yet. Rolepgeek kinda forced us to start funding both of those, so at least there was a bit of progress. We're currently voting with our essence on it. Last time I checked the torus world had an overwhelming majority while there was an almost equal amount of votes on both sides for the sun. A bunch of additional votes were added after so I have no idea if it's still true. Someone will have to count them again. Currently it seems we'll have a mobius torus clusterfuck thingy for a world and either a rod or a sphere for a sun.

I'm not sure why everyone is going mad about Izgamlo. To me he seemed to be just messing around, not trying to tear reality apart so I wouldn't be worried about that, especially since he stopped. That whole void thing is a bit worrying, however.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:09:00 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2015, 08:22:01 pm »

EDIT: If the World Seed gets enough Essence put into it, will it generate two different planets or a moon? The Seed is meant only to make a relatively earth-sized planet (in terms of usable space) and the excess mass has to go somewhere, after all.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:32:12 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »

EDIT: If the World Seed gets enough Essence put into it, will it generate two different planets or a moon? The Seed is meant only to make a relatively earth-sized planet (in terms of usable space) and the excess mass has to go somewhere, after all.
This hurts my brain.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 31, 2015, 08:40:22 pm »

This hurts my brain.
It literally gave me a mild headache. This is why I like spherical worlds better.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 31, 2015, 08:41:41 pm »

$$$
Pricecheck for implanting stories/myths into 500< mortals.
Pricecheck for meeting 500< mortals and telling them stories and myths.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:58:48 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 31, 2015, 08:45:46 pm »

Could just make a combat-decreased angel and have the angel teach the mortals how to do stuff. You teach the angel and the angel teaches the mortals. Easy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:47:48 pm by Andres »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2015, 08:47:48 pm »

The stories sound more economical than creating a new consciousness.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »

Cim did it by choosing a pair of prophets from each race to spread its word, but I won't disclose fully, as I'm probably going to use the techniques again.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »

The world seed will just make a larger world if it has more stuff put into it.

It's meant to grow, after all. Not split.

I never suggested a spinning torus world, Andres. :P Blame Aurrouseu.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2015, 08:50:28 pm »

Nilva has.. A plan.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2015, 08:51:02 pm »

The stories sound more economical than creating a new consciousness.
The consciousness is immortal and can theoretically teach an infinite number of mortals. Infinity is a bigger number than 500. Said consciousness would cost <4E because it's an angel (4E) with a disadvantage.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 31, 2015, 08:53:38 pm »

The same can be accomplished with mortals; they will spread their stories just as in reality. I'll of course pick whichever is cheaper.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 31, 2015, 08:57:44 pm »

The same can be accomplished with mortals; they will spread their stories just as in reality. I'll of course pick whichever is cheaper.
The cheapest alternative is to go down and teach them yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 166