Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253754 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2015, 05:09:45 am »

Yes, the blood pacts that were mainly used by bandits and assassins since nobody else had any reason to use them.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2015, 05:11:45 am »

Exit, stage left.

*Hides*

Blood pacts ring a bell?

EDIT: Spherical profiling?
The profiling of spheres.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 31, 2015, 05:13:11 am »

Yes, the blood pacts that were mainly used by bandits and assassins since nobody else had any reason to use them.
One of the reasons I removed blood pacts. The bandit/assassin thing wasn't known until after the incidence, in any case.

The profiling of spheres.
Dreadful thing. One of the Virtue Angels - played by the GM, no less - thought it was a habit of my god to drink gallons of blood a day when in reality, she hadn't drunk even a single drop of blood throughout her entire existence.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 31, 2015, 05:25:23 am »

Contribute 2E towards spiral sun and 2E towards torus world.
Actually, we decided on going for a rodlike cylinder instead of a spiral. Please change to rodlike cylinder, since you're the only one voting for spiral and this will just cause instability in the sun construct.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 31, 2015, 05:31:28 am »

Contribute 2E towards spiral sun and 2E towards torus world.
Actually, we decided on going for a rodlike cylinder instead of a spiral. Please change to rodlike cylinder, since you're the only one voting for spiral and this will just cause instability in the sun construct.
It would not cause instability. The shape of the sun is determined by first-past-the-post voting. The current instability only exists because of the Power put into it. Also, the sun should stabilise on its own easily enough.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2015, 05:33:01 am »

I would prefer a spherical sun. A rod would just be ugly.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 31, 2015, 05:38:18 am »

IKR?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 31, 2015, 05:40:27 am »

Andres, you are assuming again. Power may not be causing instability, if it is simply used to give shape to what is created by essence.

For example: Planet - Essense is used to create a bunch of dirt and rock and whatever else, Power is used to force it all into preffered shape (torus or ball) and to make sure that all pieces are where they should be, the ddistribution is equal (no glowing plutonum fields, aatmosphere of actual air, etc).

It could had been a nice artistic spiral but a bunch nerds couldn't handle things that are not simple geometrical shapes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:47:10 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2015, 05:46:28 am »

I based my "assumption" on how the instability wasn't mentioned until after I put in the Power and how the planet - which has more Power absolutely and relative to the rest of its composition compared to the sun - is more unstable.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2015, 05:50:29 am »

Then the power will burn out with next tick, meaning that there is little reason to extract it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2015, 06:00:31 am »

The shape of the sun is determined by first-past-the-post voting.
Actually, we're using the approval voting at the moment, as you may have noticed from the several players who voted for more than one form acceptable to them..
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2015, 06:28:32 am »

Then the power will burn out with next tick, meaning that there is little reason to extract it.
Good point.

The shape of the sun is determined by first-past-the-post voting.
Actually, we're using the approval voting at the moment, as you may have noticed from the several players who voted for more than one form acceptable to them..
Kinda. The "approval" system only refers to whether or not the world rotates if it's a toroid world. A spherical system would be preferred but if it's a toroid world, the world should be able to spin like a mobius strip.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 31, 2015, 10:47:11 am »

Quote from: Lord_Lemonpie
Y'ALL NEED SEIZURES

For some reason this is absolutely hillarious to me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2015, 10:49:13 am »

I see someone's having fun with scripts. I personally find them cumbersome, as I don't usually type my posts in WYSIWYG mode.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2015, 10:52:59 am »

I like how the Gods who want a day/night cycle aren't actually giving reasons why anyone else should want one, they're just kinda trying to force it into the system, and possibly taking their ball ans going home if they don't actually get what they want.

I also find it hilarious how concerned people are with aesthetics, myself included, when this game doesn't even really have pictures. Because no one can imagine anything looking good if they didn't think of it, apparently. :P

Edit: Also, how exactly does a mobius strip spin? Especially when it's a torus, and thus round?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 166