Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253391 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2015, 10:52:19 pm »

So why don't we just make the Wuldbringer Wolves? They can create the sun, the torus world, and whatever other world we want using Power. It would be much more efficient than making the sun and the worlds on our own.

Sure, and wait a week for it to get started.

And waste all the essence that's already been put into my seeds.
Since it's still the same Tick, it's entirely possible for you to cancel the creation of the Seeds. Also, why would we have to wait a week for the Wolves to get started?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 30, 2015, 10:53:40 pm »

So why don't we just make the Wuldbringer Wolves? They can create the sun, the torus world, and whatever other world we want using Power. It would be much more efficient than making the sun and the worlds on our own.

Sure, and wait a week for it to get started.

And waste all the essence that's already been put into my seeds.
Can always recon that.

I second this idea~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2015, 10:54:44 pm »

I second this idea~
Suggest it. It's OOC for my god to do so.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2015, 11:25:10 pm »

Nope, no retconning.

Not doing it.

You guys want to make it and see how long it takes to do shit, go ahead.

Also Stirk already did that bit, so again, retcons won't be happening.

I think I might be making a proposal in the IC that anyone who doesn't donate Essence to the world and/or the sun doesn't get to use it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:28:05 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »

I think I might be making a proposal in the IC that anyone who doesn't donate Essence to the world and/or the sun doesn't get to use it.
That proposal would be honorary and would fail. It's only honorary because there's no Council to enforce it and it will fail because most didn't work on making the planet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2015, 11:39:18 pm »

If we agreed to it, the three of us could probably make it simply a characteristic of the planet. Really, it's everyone else being greedy, not me. :P I've already given up a shitton of stuff, all this would require is 1 Essence. But if you guys would rather have it fail/not get to play on the planet, that's fine too.

I can probably just make it into a growth bomb if I tried, too, if people continue being obstinate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 30, 2015, 11:40:07 pm »

It literally only needs one essence?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 30, 2015, 11:43:01 pm »

It literally only needs one essence?
He's saying that if you put 1 Essence into stabilising the planet/sun, you'll be allowed to use them. They don't actually need the Essence to survive (except maybe the planet).

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 30, 2015, 11:45:02 pm »

Eh. He can't bar us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 30, 2015, 11:46:21 pm »

So apparently I'm the god of Essense, Power, and Crux. This is even better than in Ye Gods where Souls made me the god of magic! :))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 30, 2015, 11:49:14 pm »

The Sun doesn't. The Planet almost certainly does.

And you think I can't.

Hey FArgHalfnr, want to turn the World-Seed into a bomb if it can't be a planet, since it has so much Power?

EDIT: By the way, I kinda find it hilarious/sad, since with my power so depleted I think of Teburshe in Old Man form, and meanwhile Nilva's bullying the old man, who's just rasping through his plans.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:51:15 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2015, 11:52:49 pm »

Why not, if it's all going into waste, might as well make it go in a bang.

and also:

though I find it somewhat...funny that...your views of Gods...are not subject to...progress?"

would you mind clarifying what you meant there? I'm not sure I get it.

Edit: Nevermind. My brain just caught up. I should probably get some sleep soon.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:56:20 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2015, 11:53:52 pm »

Although I thought the same was true in Ye Gods and that Cim just took over Physics' job in that regard. But whatevs.
Cim did mess with physics (constantly; even the Doctor wouldn't have solved the tangle of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey warped space in the end), and did actively hinder certain actions by increasing cost, but the two things weren't related.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2015, 12:20:03 am »

Wow. Things went surprisingly intense for the first tick. Anyways, I'll be back tomorrow.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 31, 2015, 12:31:41 am »

$$$ANSWERS

Laser towers: 2-3E. More can be spent for more power. Includes sphere discount.
Sun:Same price as all combined -Solar system and any sphere bonuses, making it incredibly variable.
Essence Vault: (? ? ?)

At what age will the mortal races start off? Medieval stasis? Bronze age? Neolithic age?

Stone age unless there is a reason otherwise.

Makes sense, I don't see why they would be born with any technological knowledge. I suppose you could give them this knowledge yourself, but that would probably cost some additional essence.

Indeed, in the end it would be easier to let them develop it by themselves. However, if the majority of Gods agree on what the "tech level" the planet should be, it will be cheaper.

If a race is created on a planet that is already at a certain "tech level", they will generally possess the same technology unless there is a reason otherwise.

Could you put our spheres next to our names inside parentheses? It would be helpful in knowing what spheres our gods have at a glance at least until we get used to them.

That is even more unsightly, but I will put a copy of it in the OOC where the reserved is. The one posted at each tick will still won't, because the numbers will change more. If I get overruled on this I am willing to change  :P.

Ok, so some mortals simply have to have knowledge of guns (and have made at the very least a prototype) for this arms-dealer spirit to be useful?

No, if you made the spirit it would be capable of granting any weapons that fit within the mortal's "tech level". If you built it at the beginning, it would be able to grant spears and rocks. After they develop swords, it will be able to gift them that. Etc, etc. It will be able to gift your special servants whatever you want to gift them, but they can't spread it.

Considering we can create mortals with their thoughts wired (as default) in such a way that they worship us, it's entirely possible we could start them off with technological knowledge. I think I'll create humans with medieval tech in mind.

"Uploading" technical information into a race might have some side effects, such as difficulty advancing due to hardwired inventions being a natural part of them, but is possible.

Price check for shapeshifting spirits of fire who bond to and protect hearths?

$$$ANSWERS CONT (If I mess up on price checking, it is because I am too tired. I reserve the right to change them at any time  :P.)
Race of Hearth Spirits: 2-3E for 10K (assuming incorporeal)

Statue that argues with itself: 1E
Damage resistant Room with illusion:5-7E (Indestructible is impossible, unfortunately)
Mad moon: 45-65E

1 tick delay: No change for celestial bodies until after Creation.

The only thing that's required is making the world in a way that life can grow on it. Since this is the Creation Tick, we can expect life to have developed by the next Tick just as it has IRL.

Creation will continue until I find it prudent to stop. Basically, once we have a planet capable of playing on.

What happens if a god worships another god?

One God gets a big head. Not physically.

I accidentally um.. Slept most of the day.

What happened while i was out? Sorry if I felt like I was ignoring. I was half asleep and then asleep.

That sounds like a pleasant day. I really need to sleep more x_x.

Stirk. You need to rebalance the creation mechanics. Price is literally random. It makes no sense.

Yeah, I know  :-\. I was pretty exhausted when I came down to the price decider and have zero experience GMing God Games. I will probably think on it during work next week and redo it when I have the time. I might see if I can get KJP's DMing notes.

PTW. Don't really have time to get involved for the foreseeable future but if things clear up and there's still free spots, I might hop in.

Would be glad to have you. Someone took all your sphere ideas though  :P.

Andres/Rolepgeek conversation: More or less ignored for when I am a bit more awake.

Wow. Things went surprisingly intense for the first tick. Anyways, I'll be back tomorrow.

That they did  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 166