Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244433 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2010 on: July 19, 2015, 08:10:37 pm »

Speaking of this, do we have any planet fragment (excluding the three main ones) big enough to be used as a moon? Or close enough that it could be used for what I asked in my pricecheck without too much alteration?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 19, 2015, 08:14:56 pm »

Considering that the mass already exists, though, taking all the planet stuff and making a proper planet cost the same as making a planet from scratch during Creation? Instead of having more time to work with, you have mass to work with.

It takes more energy to modify something then it does to just create it, especially if you where not involved with its creation. Taking enough mass to form a moon (small or otherwise) from the Planet or Sun would be harder than just creating it.

Speaking of this, do we have any planet fragment (excluding the three main ones) big enough to be used as a moon? Or close enough that it could be used for what I asked in my pricecheck without too much alteration?

Nope, most of the Fragments aside from the main ones are much smaller, and those that where not had been used as part of the Combo bonus to help with the Chitin moon. Most of the other small fragments had been gathered for Alicia's islands.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 19, 2015, 08:18:08 pm »

Considering that the mass already exists, though, taking all the planet stuff and making a proper planet cost the same as making a planet from scratch during Creation? Instead of having more time to work with, you have mass to work with.

It takes more energy to modify something then it does to just create it, especially if you where not involved with its creation. Taking enough mass to form a moon (small or otherwise) from the Planet or Sun would be harder than just creating it.

Nope, most of the Fragments aside from the main ones are much smaller, and those that where not had been used as part of the Combo bonus to help with the Chitin moon. Most of the other small fragments had been gathered for Alicia's islands.

So I assume that taking the leftovers and smashing them together in a single body won't work either? Bear in mind that I need something much smaller than a normal moon, considering that most of it will be the atmosphere and oceans.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 19, 2015, 08:21:09 pm »

So I assume that taking the leftovers and smashing them together in a single body won't work either? Bear in mind that I need something much smaller than a normal moon, considering that most of it will be the atmosphere and oceans.

Any leftovers worth anything are now part of the Islands.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 20, 2015, 05:22:54 am »

All 3 current Fragments. Probably not even close to being correct but better than nothing. Rivers are...time consuming.

Spoiler: Fragment 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fragment 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fragment 3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:18:57 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 20, 2015, 06:01:59 am »

Is it easier to destroy something with Essence than create something with Essence?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 20, 2015, 06:48:15 am »

Nitpick: Fragment 2 has a portal to Fragment 2, ERROR.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 20, 2015, 07:18:41 am »

...I uploaded the old version. Replacing with the right one.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 20, 2015, 10:41:34 am »

I love fragment 3 :))

I have a few questions about it, is the no man's land the exposed core? And what are the little dots in the Aag nation and no man's land?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 20, 2015, 10:47:04 am »

Just land that hasn't been claimed although that could certainly be due to there being a giant hole to the centre of the fragment. And those dots are major oasis.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 20, 2015, 12:55:23 pm »

Stirk, when I said I put my nation next to the exposed mantle, did you count it as next to a massively deep hole to the core or next to a sea of lava like I meant it to be? And am I going to have to change that manually if it isn't? The Saag are kinda relying on the existence of a massive lava sea to exist.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:57:07 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:30 pm »

I'm guessing the Great Ocean contains the Great Reefs?

All two of them. (:P)

Although, I thought the Saag just used the heat of the desert to live.

Also, the Saplings around there probably have alot in common with cacti, for obvious reasons. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 20, 2015, 01:36:27 pm »

I'm guessing the Great Ocean contains the Great Reefs?

All two of them. (:P)

Although, I thought the Saag just used the heat of the desert to live.

Also, the Saplings around there probably have alot in common with cacti, for obvious reasons. >.>

Nah, I specified in their creation that they would use the heat and light from the lava sea to build up their reserves. They need a constant source of power, otherwise they would loose pretty much everything they gained during the day at night.

And also, I have to draw a cactus sapling now, they sound awesome.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 21, 2015, 10:36:42 pm »

Realized that I hadn't posted in a while in IC, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't gone inactive, Char is simply biding his time rather than getting involved in the recent conflicts. I'm still watching the thread and still playing the game.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 22, 2015, 08:21:07 am »

I should be working on other things but this has been stuck in my head for a while now. Also my headcanon dictates that all dwarves are part of a clan but only Rilem and Space have proven to be powerful enough to be independent.

Codex: Nefel Nanoi/Clan Rilem

Spoiler: Dwarven Relations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Political Structure (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  The Mavnonites (click to show/hide)

(More later.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:51:34 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 166