Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244958 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1980 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:12 pm »

Derp.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 17, 2015, 07:29:43 pm »

Oh, and if there's a little symbol of a tree in that style (it is a very pretty map, after all), you can use those to represent the Great Trees.

And don't forget the oceans! :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 17, 2015, 07:30:45 pm »

The map looks really good.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 17, 2015, 07:33:24 pm »

Yup I'll put some oceans down. Also realised that the world wraps around on its Y-axis so need to make a few changes here and there.

Also Farg: will the doomdsday weapon cause any fallout to the surrounding area? I'd like to show that on the map if it does.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 17, 2015, 08:05:29 pm »

Yup I'll put some oceans down. Also realised that the world wraps around on its Y-axis so need to make a few changes here and there.

Also Farg: will the doomdsday weapon cause any fallout to the surrounding area? I'd like to show that on the map if it does.

I wouldn't expect any fallout (or maybe I should add that? Thanks for the idea :P). It will probably leave a pretty big crater though.

And also, the way I imagined the worlds there would be the exposed mantle at the extremities of each fragment, if that can be of any help (and are you going to put the extremities north/south or east/west? If it's east/west I would put the Aag nation on the east edge instead of south).
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 17, 2015, 10:53:30 pm »

Yah, I put the extremities on the East/West sides. In the map they're shown as brown and Rolepgeek I had to use tower symbols to represent Great Trees. The website I used is Inkarnate by the way; its in beta so if you want to use it don't expect everything to work.

Anyway, map draft two. Wanted oceans? You got it. The Great Woods aren't as great as they used to be though...also I should really invest in naval technology >_>. This is probably the 'final' version unless someone has a problem with it (yes, that coastline in the south is terribly straight.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

See that Blasted Isle over there? That's the city Lithus nuked :D.

EDIT: Actually I'll probably edit this once I finish the other fragments.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:00:06 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 17, 2015, 11:10:56 pm »

That's great! Eventually rain will fill the crater and make it a donut island :)), unless I am ridiculously overestimating the size of that city.

The end result is quite different from how I imagined the worlds, but then again I was seeing it as a single interconnected piece of land. Three bits of almost identical (in term of climate) land in the same orbit is confusing, especially since they don't have any name and no one specified on which fragment their civilization was going to be put on at their creation. Maybe we should finally give them a name? Li/uthus is most likely not going to do that considering the current situation. Anyone wanna give it a try? Last attempt was kinda ignored.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 17, 2015, 11:16:01 pm »

Obelisk, Monolith, and Spire?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 17, 2015, 11:50:45 pm »

I wouldn't mind those names. Also, draft for Fragment 2 ready.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I kinda realised halfway that most humans are ruled by the Great Tribe at this point so just imagine those yellow areas as very sparsely populated. Also, that little green island called the Droogan Dominate isn't probably canon but I needed to shove them somewhere since they don't seem nomadic or in small numbers.

The map looks a bit more Earthlike due to all the water. Please do tell if this is too much. Those brown areas in the middle of the map are exposed mantle.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 18, 2015, 12:05:16 am »

These maps appear to lack places for Naiads to live.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:38 am »

I just realized you might have forgotten the space dwarves and the massive tower thing being built in fragment 1. It would make sense for the space dwarves to be on the same fragment as the regular ones, but I didn't follow the development of the tower to be sure of it's location however. Everything else is still awesome.

Also, looking back at the race/everything list Demonic spoon did, the divine library apparently doesn't have enough information on inventions to allow them to be replicated, which means that the IC thing about sending immortals to collect technological secrets wouldn't work.

Here's the post in question, the relevant bit is in the artifact section at the bottom:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151027.msg6313753#msg6313753

Fakedit: was ninja'ed by the glorious fragment 2 map apparently. Only problem I can see is that one of the portal lead to itself according to it's name instead of the third fragment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 18, 2015, 12:09:25 am »

These maps appear to lack places for Naiads to live.
True, there don't seem to be any rivers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 18, 2015, 12:13:33 am »

Well, these are continents. They'd have to be pretty big rivers to be visible. But yeah, I'll add in an Amazon-sized river or two. Also, I completely forgot about the Space Dwarves. I'll add them in later. Will edit the Portal thing.

And about the Immortal Heist thing: I've cancelled the action (can't remember why) but I'd still send them in just for the precious literature.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 18, 2015, 12:22:25 am »

I once got a prayer from a Maag who's love was bound to a mountain spring.

I'm surprised he had any reason to ever visit a mountain spring to meet her actually...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 18, 2015, 12:49:49 am »

That giant squid is actually something very likely to exist due to reasons. Would be an unintended side effect, but still plausible.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 166