Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151005 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #510 on: September 14, 2016, 07:16:52 pm »

I doubt it's even that. Still, what's a gig?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 14, 2016, 07:26:12 pm »

Quite a lot on a laptop. Less of an issue since my desktop just got upgraded.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 14, 2016, 07:53:16 pm »

Sweet, downloading the DLC now, gonna get some time in tonight.

Probably going to set up a village type thing near one of the watering holes once I get myself established, since the adobe stuff looks super cool.

Glad to hear that about the rules n' stuff as well, that's pretty much everything that grinds my gears in this type of game. Am curious about how stringent the "repeat killing" bit is--if a guy just keeps pulling gear and coming after me after I get him once, I don't want to deal with bitching after the fact, yanno? I assume it's meant to cover stuff like door-camping though.

e: also you don't even have to add the server or any of that. Just click the IP address on that page and it'll automatically start the game and connect to the server. After that you can just use your "my survivors" filter.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:55:19 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 14, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »

Sweet, downloading the DLC now, gonna get some time in tonight.

Probably going to set up a village type thing near one of the watering holes once I get myself established, since the adobe stuff looks super cool.

Glad to hear that about the rules n' stuff as well, that's pretty much everything that grinds my gears in this type of game. Am curious about how stringent the "repeat killing" bit is--if a guy just keeps pulling gear and coming after me after I get him once, I don't want to deal with bitching after the fact, yanno? I assume it's meant to cover stuff like door-camping though.

Door camping and griefing are my concerns- you're welcome to defend yourself unconditionally. What I do not want, is one guy hunting down another again and again and again, for no other reason than to ruin his day.

And while this is a PvP server, if that reeeeally isn't something you want to be involved in, let folks know. At the very least, there are plenty of us who will be more than glad to come to your aid within the confines of the game.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:15:28 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:42 pm »

Bleh. I'm not entirely enamored with how a lot of the weather conditions are really just tent-checks. Tent yes = nothing happens, hide inside for a couple minutes. Tent no = you die and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 16, 2016, 08:23:30 pm »

HOW TO TRAP ANYTHING SAFELY FOR TAMING.

Ramps are on OUTER SIDE ONLY of enclosure. Make the animal in question chase you while riding something that is faster than it. A Ptero is ideal.

The animal will run over the ramps and be unable to escape. Remove yourself to the top of your tower of safety, and tranq it with impunity.

Remove ramps and use an argentavis for even better results (for things it can carry). Material consideration is important. You don't have to use something that the animal in question cannot damage, only something that it cannot destroy before it gets tranqed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 16, 2016, 08:34:25 pm »

I have a box with doors on top of my house for dropping in friends with an argentavis.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 16, 2016, 10:44:07 pm »

Oh its back up?

I remember after a big update they kept doing a few updates each week and I could never catch the server when it was current so I could not log on.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 16, 2016, 11:59:09 pm »

Oh its back up?

I remember after a big update they kept doing a few updates each week and I could never catch the server when it was current so I could not log on.

We're back and rolling, and from here on updates will be much more expedient. The more the merrier! And if you ever encounter a problem, by all means, PM or ask for me in-game. I'm HIGHLY available these days. :P

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 17, 2016, 01:35:38 am »

On The Center (LORE server), I got a Giganotosaurus to the Core. Its stuck there forever though lol. It can't fit in any cave out. Even though its a PVE server where a Giga isn't very useful at the core, still awesome to me :P

Used the hole at 34.7, 65.8 to fall into the lava cave. From there it was easy going the rest of the way.

I put it in inside my behemoth gates. But I might have it wander around outside, being aggressive and killing everything it meets.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:10 am »

Finally found an Argentavis to tame on the Butosis server. Only a level 10 wild, but I hadn't seen any at all for more than a day realtime.

Incidentally, whoever it was that built near me, a raptor broke through your thatch. I pulled it out and killed it, but your base is kinda wide open now.

Also, got a ton of BPs. I have adobe pillar/door/giant trapdoor/foundation/hatch frame that I'll just give to anyone that wants them, and whip/raptor saddle/oil pump that I'll sell for cementing paste. I've got a few actual oil pumps in addition to the BPs, I'll sell those as well.

3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 18, 2016, 10:00:57 am »

Archaeopteryx has a silly animation while you're holding it. I wish it was just on your shoulder like all the other little animals. It's forever, wings outstretched, above you as you hold onto its legs. It keeps that pose even when you're mounted on another dino, even a flyer. The Archaeopteryx is trying to hold everything aloft. It's a pain to find, though. It's so small and I've seen it latch on to a redwood and just disappear under the skin of the redwood.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 18, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »

Archaeopteryx has a silly animation while you're holding it.

It's going to be great for a Thanksgiving sacrifice, though.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 18, 2016, 02:57:25 pm »

Not really sure I am liking the scorched earth map. Seems all kinds of iffy for the most part. Also, what the hell is with this game and taming speeds? Holy hell. I should probably move off a official server to be honest. Only issue I have is limited internet bandwidth and I don't want to chew through it downloading a fuckton of mods to be able to play on the unofficials.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 18, 2016, 03:48:03 pm »

You don't want to spend the next 12 hours taming a bronto?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47