Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151088 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2015, 08:15:04 am »

Hey is the server eastcoast or westcoast? I might join if it's eastcoast, otherwise the ping might be too bad for me to play :P

It is indeed West Coast- but an old pal of mine in New York, New York used to play with us, and said he never had any problems. I'd encourage you to give it a try before you write it off, and do me the favor of telling me if the ping isn't all that great. Also, don't pay any attention to the number on the server list- I've seen upward of 400, and had it run just fine.
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2015, 09:15:30 am »

Hey is the server eastcoast or westcoast? I might join if it's eastcoast, otherwise the ping might be too bad for me to play :P

It is indeed West Coast- but an old pal of mine in New York, New York used to play with us, and said he never had any problems. I'd encourage you to give it a try before you write it off, and do me the favor of telling me if the ping isn't all that great. Also, don't pay any attention to the number on the server list- I've seen upward of 400, and had it run just fine.
Well I had a constant ping of about 66-68, incredibly low for being Westcoast! I would expect it to be up in the 200s  ???

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2015, 11:32:16 am »

Me and Greatorder just re-enacted Titanic.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:02 pm »

Greatorder and I just re-enacted Titanic.
FTFY

Well, Coolrune, our dilo was killed. Not sure what by. I AFKed to eat my dinner, came back to a dead dilo.

Napoleon the Pig is still around, though.
Rip Toxic
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2015, 06:16:11 am »

(From the hardcore server)

The time is 2:00 AM EST. Night has fallen over the Ark as well, a thick, masking fog setting in over that expanse of western coast we call "Merlin's Beard." Eris, a settler new to the area and taken up across the bay from the Brotherhood's fortress calls for my attention. It seems that while she left her homestead unattended to forage, the place was ransacked and her beloved pet phiomia "Ellie" slaughtered. This will not stand.

I call upon the aid of our northern allies, mount my trusty pteranodon Bogwind and set out in pursuit of the culprit. Shin tracks him down first- a yellow-bellied Russian tribal who calls himself Dred, and who has been spotted sailing up and down the coasts, pillaging the weak and fleeing confrontation aboard his raft. Shin follows the man to his home, a small cabin north of Herbivore Island.

Fast forward. The time is 2:15 AM. I am crouched on top of Dred's hovel, singing 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider' and reciting 'The Three Little Pigs' as I joyfully hack my way in, shotgun in my offhand. "NYET! NYET! NO KILL! BEG YOU!" comes the calls from below. I sing louder. In desperation, Dred flees his residence. Shin gets off a hit, and I snatch the wounded brigand up. "You attack, we attack. We attack, we kill." I explain quite reasonably. We are now suspended on the currents of the highwind, quite some way above the deep see. "If you live," I promise him, "Peace. If you die, you dead." I promptly drop him.

Somehow, the bastard survived. Swam back to shore and reached the shallows, before he ran out of stamina. We tranqed the poor sod and dragged him on shore so he wouldn't drown. Shin holds him at gun point, while I knock down his door and give him a taste of his own medicine. The raptor saddle, iron tools, and 200 ingots of refined metal I find will be adequate compensation for Eris's lose. We confiscate our just dues, leaving the rest strewn on the floor and soon due to decompose, and set off for home.

"I think we put the fear of God back in that guy today," Shin remarks with a grin.

---

Server updated!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:06:55 am by Ibid Straydrink »
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »

You should record and publish such adventures.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2015, 06:23:32 pm »

I am unable to join the server. The message I get is "Unable to query server info for invite".

Disappointing :c
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 08, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

I am unable to join the server. The message I get is "Unable to query server info for invite".

Disappointing :c
it could be an update, Rune! Or, idk. Doubt it'd affect you being unable to join. but from what I read, it's the typical port forwarding or verify steam cache o:

The bay has been claimed and the frost has been conquered, Toxicity strikes the North!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:27:42 pm by Exerosp »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2015, 11:31:36 pm »

If you're currently having trouble connecting, it's due to the fact that the server needs yet another update. There are currently two people online, however, and unfortunately, I do not believe that there is a way to make a server announcement unless you are in-game. If one of you see this, you might tell the other.

Downtime should be no more than 10 minutes.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2015, 12:28:44 am »

Updated #2 of the day completed. Server should be up momentarily. Just ring me here if there are any problems.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2015, 06:28:27 am »

I am really in love with this server, it's Bay12 and for some reason I have an okay ping on it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2015, 11:49:39 am »

Still unable to join. Gosh darnit.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2015, 02:35:42 pm »

Still unable to join. Gosh darnit.
Are you trying to join through invitation/join game or through the server list?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »

Through the server list.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 09, 2015, 05:14:32 pm »

Through the server list.

Try verifying your game files first, and make sure you're running version 218.4. Once that's done, this is what usually works for me: First make sure you've favorite Butosus. Next, Join Ark > filter "Official Servers" > Cancel. Join Ark again > filter "Favorites" > click Butosus and join. If it fails to show on the list, filter Official > cancel > repeat as necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47