Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151071 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #390 on: October 20, 2015, 10:36:58 pm »

Update up... to date!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2015, 09:32:44 am »

I'd love to get Order's attention so he could change some tribe laws :P

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2015, 05:48:21 pm »

Can not find it.

Server down/updating?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2015, 01:25:56 am »

Sorry there. Was waiting on a long update when I was forced to step away from my PC. She's up now, and it shouldn't happen again.:P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:04 pm »

Bought the game for 17 bucks in steam's current sale.

Any server bay12 is on? Or is everyone scattered all around? Is anyone even still playing?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 22, 2015, 10:28:52 pm »

Any server bay12 is on? Or is everyone scattered all around? Is anyone even still playing?
I have no clue if the server I have in the OP is still up, but if it is then give that a stab- just don't expect any of us online.

I'll give it a try once the game is done downloading. Any particular reason people stopped?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:56 pm »

I have no clue if the server I have in the OP is still up, but if it is then give that a stab- just don't expect any of us online.

I'll give it a try once the game is done downloading. Any particular reason people stopped?
Same reason as ever-either did everything we wanted to do or just got bored of playing it.

ah. Is the game any good? I think I asked a while ago, but it was quite some time back. Probably should have asked before buying it, but oh well.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:48 pm »

Well thats what I get for impulse buying steam sale :P

I asked for a refund, I should get it as I only spent a few minutes in the game. And I joined the server my steam friend is on (he said he doesn't play much) and I saw painted dinosaurs with disgusting colors on them. Bright blue dinosaurs...which I probably could have seen if I actually bothered to watch youtube before hand. Or did any reading. But yup, you can actually paint dinosaurs...

Nope nope nope. Thats Ultima Online all over again...AHHHH!!!!

Note to self: Don't impulse buy...even if its a steam sale

Anyway sorry guys. Don't want to ruin the thread...but...painted dinosaurs...wtf...xD

I probably should give the game more time...but I think I'll spend the money on something else lol. Maybe I'll check out the Wurm Online thread.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 22, 2015, 11:21:16 pm »

I like the game but it is pretty unforgiving. I played for a few hours on a solo server and got a little base. After collecting a bunch of stuff I decided to head out toward some metal deposits on my trike.

Queue an hour of being chased and eaten by raptors. When yo die you drop everything and with default settings it won't even show you where you are on the map. There is no way point to your corpse and there is so much ground cover that even if you know the area you died in actually finding your corpse is difficult. Finally there is still that raptor out there some where...

In spite of that it is fun. Had I stayed closer to the shore I would have had much fewer issues. One thing to note... I am playing solo. Pve servers are too crowded and I don't fancy having everything destroyed because I was out of town a week.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:12 pm »

Anyway sorry guys. Don't want to ruin the thread...but...painted dinosaurs...wtf...xD

That's nothing. I got glasses to put on a dinosaur. I had two raptors: Chunk and Sloth. Sloth's name was upgraded to "Professor Sloth" as soon as I got those glasses.

It's a survival game, but has optional tomfoolery if you want it. It actually costs resources that can be spent on other things to do things like paint dinosaurs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 23, 2015, 05:37:02 pm »

I am pretty shocked that "painted dinosaurs" was enough of a reason to nope out of a game.

Anyone else ever play single player? Any advice on keeping track of your dinos? Should I just be leaving them at home while I go on resource runs?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 23, 2015, 11:09:02 pm »

I am pretty shocked that "painted dinosaurs" was enough of a reason to nope out of a game.

Anyone else ever play single player? Any advice on keeping track of your dinos? Should I just be leaving them at home while I go on resource runs?

Well, would have been easy to avoid all together if I did actual video watching lol. But to me, it reminds me of back in UO when they introduced neon (literally neon) colored mounts and it looks so terrible. Personally, even if it might be a small thing, painted animals, mounts or whatever is enough to make me not play a game :P With the exception that little cosmetic brighht pets (like in WoW) don't bother me. Actually, if the game was fantasy like WoW with dragons and stuff, I wouldn't be bothered by ugly painted animals.

But otherwise, if the game is a lot more "realistic" (which is what I assumed Ark to be, I think that is why it bothered me so much), that is too much for me. If Ark was a fantasy game, I could easily look past it. Or heck, if it was some kind of weird futuristic game where the dinosaurs were actually giant cyborg animals with metal bits and it was super high-tec (opposite of fantasy like WoW), I wouldn't care either.

Then again, I guess that is what one gets when they do zero reading and barely any videos or know anything about a game (except basic stuff like having dinosaurs) and steam buying when on sale. :P I should have actually looked more into the game. I just thought it was more realistic and serious.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 11:11:03 pm by Vendayn »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2015, 02:11:20 am »

Well, it is weird futuristic genetically modified stuff that kind of is specifically NOT real earth dinosaurs, just creatures made from/to look like them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 25, 2015, 02:25:16 am »

I'm just going to take this opportunity to do one of my favorite things: Criticism! (No offense against you or any one in particular, Vendayn. This is just a general trend I mildly dislike)

I actually really dislike the new "culture" that steam refunds is creating. First part about it is impulse buying. I don't really care about this since if they can return it, then why not "try it out"? But the impulse buying also makes some people extremely smug when the return their games.
"I didn't like this game after immediately buying it, so I'm going to return it! Hah! That'll show them! The consumer wins again! Me: 10000, Evil Game Companies: 0."
I dislike how some people almost seem to treat their returned mistaken impulse buys as a strike against the man. Before refunds, if you bought something bad, you'd just say to yourself "Well damn. I should have done more research." Now it feels like you'd just smugly return it, chalking it up as a huge victory for consumers everywhere.

But this is quite literally me ranting about how good "the olden days" are, so yeah. And to re-emphasize it, no offense against you, Vendayn. Your post just caused me to think of this and gave me an opportunity to post the mini-rant, but this is more 'against' the really smug people in places like steam forums of the games they've refunded. Not everyone who refunds a game after not liking it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 25, 2015, 04:05:38 am »

I'm just going to take this opportunity to do one of my favorite things: Criticism! (No offense against you or any one in particular, Vendayn. This is just a general trend I mildly dislike)

I actually really dislike the new "culture" that steam refunds is creating. First part about it is impulse buying. I don't really care about this since if they can return it, then why not "try it out"? But the impulse buying also makes some people extremely smug when the return their games.
"I didn't like this game after immediately buying it, so I'm going to return it! Hah! That'll show them! The consumer wins again! Me: 10000, Evil Game Companies: 0."
I dislike how some people almost seem to treat their returned mistaken impulse buys as a strike against the man. Before refunds, if you bought something bad, you'd just say to yourself "Well damn. I should have done more research." Now it feels like you'd just smugly return it, chalking it up as a huge victory for consumers everywhere.

But this is quite literally me ranting about how good "the olden days" are, so yeah. And to re-emphasize it, no offense against you, Vendayn. Your post just caused me to think of this and gave me an opportunity to post the mini-rant, but this is more 'against' the really smug people in places like steam forums of the games they've refunded. Not everyone who refunds a game after not liking it.

I kinda agree though i'd say that what pisses me about Ark is that they refrain from handling major issues like buggy spawns and platform trolls (the act of filling an area with foundations so no one could build there or nothing could spawn there)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47