Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 47923 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:54 pm »

Well... 2 things.
1. Let's see what happens. With the I am town thing. Whether it works or not has not been determined.
2. I am town.

Why don't people refer to themselves as town, anyway?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2015, 09:08:46 pm »

Why don't people refer to themselves as town, anyway?
You know the old "that's what the KILLER would say!" thing?

That.

Graknorke, if you could have swapped out one vanilla townie position in this game for a specialized role, which would it be?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2015, 09:11:58 pm »

Wifom, good sir. The normal players are town. The scum want to be known as town. Thus they both refer to themselves as town.

I am town.

Town is town, scum wears town mask. Etc.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »

Wifom, good sir. The normal players are town. The scum want to be known as town. Thus they both refer to themselves as town.

I am town.

Town is town, scum wears town mask. Etc.
It's not WIFOM, because a normal townie is unlikely to say "I AM TOWN" every five minutes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2015, 09:43:54 pm »

If I'm not town, what am I... oh, scum.

Ah well. I suppose saying I am town every post isn't going to be useful until several games from now.

That said, I am town.
But point. It's not wifom.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:38 pm »

Scum IC here to interject some quick helpful non-alignment indicative advice.

The quote button is your friend. Quoting posts with questions you wish to respond to helps others. When people inevitably reread through the read, quotes are useful to them, as well as to your other players who may not be paying attention to a question asked to someone who isn't them. Saying someone's scummy for something they posted and quoting that bit is also helpful so that other players don't have to search the thread for it. Playing mafia takes time, so make it take less for others.

(If you are posting from your phone and can't quote something, feel free to mention that, its what saying PFP is for)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2015, 09:53:26 pm »

Thank you Persus.

Yes.  And as a means of courtesy, try not to be THAT GUY whose every post is so large it's excrutaiting to edit the quotes on an iPad.  While it's not... bad, necessarily, it pisses off at the very least one of your IC's who posts almost exlusively from an iPad (that's me).  So while big posts are sometimes a necessity, I'd like to ask you all to try and split up large posts for my sake, particularly if you address me in them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2015, 10:00:04 pm »

Scum IC here to interject some quick helpful non-alignment indicative advice.

The quote button is your friend. Quoting posts with questions you wish to respond to helps others. When people inevitably reread through the read, quotes are useful to them, as well as to your other players who may not be paying attention to a question asked to someone who isn't them. Saying someone's scummy for something they posted and quoting that bit is also helpful so that other players don't have to search the thread for it. Playing mafia takes time, so make it take less for others.

(If you are posting from your phone and can't quote something, feel free to mention that, its what saying PFP is for)
To further expand this, if you are on a phone, I've found pointing out the reply number (you can find it at the top of the post) also helps.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:51 pm »

Reply numbers don't show up on phones.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2015, 10:05:42 pm »

Reply numbers don't show up on phones.
They do for me. I guess it might depend on the phone.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2015, 10:06:51 pm »

hm. hm.
Now what?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2015, 10:12:32 pm »

Argue about who ordered peanut brittle as a snack even though we all knew that Fallacy is allergic?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:55 pm »

I've never had peanut brittle. Peanut butter tastes nice though.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:08 pm »

No.  now, we scumhunt some more.  Well.  You all scumhunt some more, I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll be back tomorrow.

Fun facts: Our moderator today, Teneb?  Was scum IC in the first game I ever played, BM 44 The Court of Colors (under the name Deathsword).  Our scum IC, Persus13?  A player in that game: the jailkeeper (I was cop).  Our other IC, notquitethere?  Was in my second game and first bastard game, Smstr W/ Love, where he was lynched D1 as supposedly confirmed town (It's complicated).  And me?  One and a half year veteran of this subforum and runner of two completed main mafia games (The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls and Operation Overlord: Day Five) and one completed BM (BM 48 In a Galaxy Far Far Away).

I'm more reminiscing on the history of this forum than anything else, please carry on.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2015, 10:42:05 pm »

err....
4maskwolf, if you had time for a history recounting post, I imagine(I could be wrong) that a small bit of scum hunting could have gone on. Welp.

Now... blast it, I'm town, and I don't want to appear passive, but asking for who to lynch or something is scummy...
er... er...

er...
... I'm not voting.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35