Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 48012 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2015, 04:26:08 pm »

my only experience is from reading through one or two of the previous bms.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2015, 04:27:35 pm »

The immediate vote for hiddenleafguy wouldn't work as a defense in more advanced games with more advanced players, but I agree that here it might have worked. Might.

Okay, notquitethere, start talking before we lynch your head off. Notquitethere, please respond.
Sorry for assaulting you if you are town, but you and hiddenleafguy reek of scum. For that matter, that first vote there just makes you seem more scummy.

Okay everybody, NQT and hiddenleafguy are the scum team. Or at least I believe they are.

(Er... how can I put more pressure on NQT? The only things I can do to him are posting and voting, and more posts might serve the opposite purpose of what I intend. And my vote's already on him.)

___
Response to Graknorke:

This is my first game of forum mafia. I have however read several pages worth of mafia theory at the wiki. And many, many, interesting and complex non-beginner games have also been read by me here in the pursuit of knowledge.

While I'm at it, Graknorke, I'm going to recommend that you vote for NQT(notquitethere) and later hiddenleafguy as a result of evidence posted by me and Urist McCoder.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2015, 04:28:26 pm »

Wait I missed that last one up. Meant to ask if you're sure your mask isn't green. Because it's like The Incredible Hulk. But now that I missed the proper window and had to explain the joke it's not funny anymore.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2015, 04:29:34 pm »

... minor scumtell there. Eh. Carry on.

Are you going to vote or not?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2015, 04:30:30 pm »

fallacyofurist I didn't realiz your vote was already on NQT

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2015, 04:31:57 pm »

at this point I really want to hear from NQT

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »

Point ho. One vote on NQT isn't enough pressure.

Come on, people, vote for the guy, let's get him hurting! Let's get him talking!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »

FallcyofUrist, it shouldn't be expected of you to outright tell someone else who to vote for. Honestly your entire thing comes across to me as an attempt to domineer the path of the game with minimal justification. So far all we have is hiddenleafguy having very little idea how to play Mafia, and you accusing an IC of being scum.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2015, 04:37:23 pm »

Okay.
First up, please spell my username correctly.
Second up: I'm telling people to vote NQT because I think he's scum. I don't think that telling other people who to vote for is a bad thing. This isn't a game where votes can be forced onto people with role abilities. Make your own choices, just note that I want you to vote for NQT.
Third up: This whole thing may be invalidated when NQT gives a response... or just made more valid instead.
Fourth up: oi you, perhaps defending your scum partner? You've given me something to think about.

NQT and hiddenleafguy? Or NQT and Graknorke?

Fifth up, if you'll read the op you'll notice that IC players have the same chance of being scum as any other. Some past games have even had both ICs be scum. Bad luck, those.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2015, 04:39:00 pm »

graknorke makes an interesting point and you are coming off as a little bit scummy fallacyofurist

you posted while I was typing fallacyofurist so what I said above seems even more true now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »

hm. I suggest you read my reasoning.

Look. If I was scum, I wouldn't be dumb enough to directly attack an IC(or if I was the other scum would likely advise against it).

Welp.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:08 pm »

Look. If I was scum, I wouldn't be dumb enough to directly attack an IC(or if I was the other scum would likely advise against it).
WIFOM much

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:34 pm »

Fifth up, if you'll read the op you'll notice that IC players have the same chance of being scum as any other. Some past games have even had both ICs be scum. Bad luck, those.
Aye, but NQT was really just doing IC things. Asking lots of questions to try and prompt people to discuss things. It's hardly suspicious in itself.

Second up: I'm telling people to vote NQT because I think he's scum. I don't think that telling other people who to vote for is a bad thing. This isn't a game where votes can be forced onto people with role abilities. Make your own choices, just note that I want you to vote for NQT.
You can't just say to vote for someone though. You need to actually reason it out. Your evidence is flimsy and everything after it looks to be trying to quickly drum up support for your proposal before anyone really critically thinks about it.

Fourth up: oi you, perhaps defending your scum partner? You've given me something to think about.
If we're looking at scum teams, you jumped on Urist McCoder's vote pretty quickly, and since you began piling on NQT he's agreed with everything you've said as well. At least, up until right now where there's a chance of you coming under scrutiny. Coincidence? Probably not. I feel like one of you is a disgrace to Luchadore-kind, and right now you're looking like the more dangerous of the two with your attempts at quickly dictating a common consensus.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

I don't quite understand what you mean buy the other IC would advise against it fallacyOfurist

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:02 pm »

wow reading back through that me and fallacyofurist really do look like a scum team :-\
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35