Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Lighthouse: The Age of Destiny, the Age of Ruin (OOC Thread. Game Started!)  (Read 20849 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I guess he would probably fall into a role similar to Q-branch: making cool gadgets for the combat members of the team to use. I just don't really know what else to add (I can't really write his attitude towards the rest of the team if I don't know who the rest of the team is).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Well, I guess he would probably fall into a role similar to Q-branch: making cool gadgets for the combat members of the team to use. I just don't really know what else to add (I can't really write his attitude towards the rest of the team if I don't know who the rest of the team is).

The answers are coming. Tir should have the team roster soonish, and then you can begin frightening and alienating your companions.

@Tiruin: I believe he just means the prologue when he says mission.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

The answers are coming. Tir should have the team roster soonish, and then you can begin frightening and alienating your companions.
I have PM'd you the whole list and appended notes instead of posting it here :D
...Because it was -really hard- picking people ._.
Emphasis on difficulty.

Sorry for the wait though, everyone. Personal difficulties resurfaced.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:21:45 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have PM'd you the whole list and appended notes instead of posting it here :D
...Because it was -really hard- picking people ._.
Emphasis on difficulty.

Sorry for the wait though, everyone. Personal difficulties resurfaced.

NP, Tir, personal difficulties are understandable.

For the White Company, Joan has selected the following members...
(Assuming my brain didn't fail and I'm interpreting this list properly)

Lora Kal Gara
Mudren Gude
Rollun Kol Nodelaga
Averrco
Svurrl

Writing shall commence immediately, and I'll post here when the IC thread launches.

To those who were not selected: I have plans for some of you. I shall communicate these plans via PM and we can rub our hands together with evil glee hash out the details later.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

* Powder Miner snaps his fingers
Alas.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

* Powder Miner snaps his fingers
Alas.
Do note, however!

To those who were not selected: I have plans for some of you. I shall communicate these plans via PM and we can rub our hands together with evil glee hash out the details later.
I have made it in detail (as concise as I guess it may be) in my PM regarding my ideas on everyone here. Which...helps forward your plans for later. :3
So commence evil scheming!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have made it in detail (as concise as I guess it may be) in my PM regarding my ideas on everyone here. Which...helps forward your plans for later. :3
So commence evil scheming!

Verily.

Finishing up the crib notes now. Found one thing I need to smooth over.
@The Ensorceler: You can't take a cadet rank in staves. Staves/rods/wands all work off the user's LSM score. Staves that have been modified to run off of charge crystals or wells count as rifle type weapons, and wands and rods both count as pistols. Until you say otherwise, I'm just switching that specialization to rifle.
---

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang.

Are the people who didn't make it in going to be villains?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not necessarily, it depends on the character in question and whatever we end up discussing. Straight up villainy would be a poor fit for most of the waitlist.

Besides, I think they'd enjoy the chance to join the party at some point. Killing people isn't a good way to start relations with a mercenary company.
---

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er, yes, thanks for catching that. Fixed my sheet and so forth. Two questions though.

One, how does crystal programming work? Is it mechanically building little transistor style light valves, or something less related to growing a crystal? And two, does it take up space in a crystal the same way as light or by some other mechanic? Memory crystals are small and decent quality, golem hearts are larger and nearly perfect quality, so as far as I can tell, it could be either volume*quality, as with light, or volume could correspond to possible size of program while quality affects efficiency, possibly some other configurations with more than two factors.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah well, I wasn't expecting Hans to make it into something like the white company anyway. It's good to hear that he still will have some purpose in the story. Excited to learn what it is.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:45:20 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crystal programming, mechanically, involves manipulating the interior structure of the crystal in order to create a region of high absorption or an area of low absorption. This is analogous to high/low doping of circuits, and you can do all the bit* level logic stuff you can expect to do there. Programmed areas are structurally different from the surrounding crystal, and the lack homogeneous structure means that the programmed section of a crystal is a very poor light storage medium. (Hence the reason you need additional nearly 'blank' crystals to act as bulk capacitors.) You're not exactly growing the crystal, you're just altering its internal structure. So, the size of a crystal indicates the theoretical maximum program size you can encode to a crystal.

The quality of a crystal indicates the practical maximum that they can store. Again you can think of this as a doped chip. If your logic gates are significantly larger than the impurities within the chip, then you don't have any problems. If you're trying to make your gates smaller and smaller, then you'll eventually hit a point where the impurities and your doping have roughly the same profile, and then everything starts to go to hell. Programming on the edge of a crystal's size limit gives you unpredictable effects similar to a race condition, except with more potential for explosions.

*Bit is misleading. You are not limited to a purely binary programming set. On/off is an archaic system used only in primitive and exceptionally impure crystals where the best that could be done was to tell if a particular well was being tapped or not. Modern avernomantic programming makes use of colored light to significantly extend the practical base of the logic system.
---

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am actually tearing up right now. Thank you so much for this setting.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Pretty sure mine's a villain, though. >8<:{D
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we get control over the waitlisted characters when they appear? I'd like Nimvedih to be an eccentric shopkeeper, if possible.

By the way, rearrange the letters in Nimvedih's full name.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15