Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Lighthouse: The Age of Destiny, the Age of Ruin (OOC Thread. Game Started!)  (Read 20827 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

2 Weeks' Rations - 20 C
Camping Gear - 25 C (I'm assuming bedroll, light tent, fire pot)
Writing Tools - 5 C
500 ft of Rope - 125 C (5 C per 20  foot length. Jesus, that's a lot of rope.)
Knife/Axe/Ice Pick - 20 C (I'm assuming sturdy but simple quality)
Backpack - 5 C
Extendable Eleven Foot Pole - 10 C (When ten feet just isn't enough)
Measuring Gear-  10 C
Maps (Local and Global) - 25/50 (Cartographer's Maps/Merchant's Maps)
Belt with Pockets - 5 C
Waterskin - 5 C
Misc. Parts - ? C  (Your backpack has an axe, a pick, a knife, an extensible pole, a measuring kit, writing supplies, a camping pack, 500 feet of rope, two weeks worth of food, and several maps. Your backpack is busting.)
Swim Gear - ? C (Keelai are not waterfowl. They might do the wading bird thing occasionally, but... swimming would be stupidly difficult. Humans and Mutei are your best swimmers. Aoul and Fanai pick up after. Aoul have fewer fatty tissues than humans, and Fanai swim more like crocodiles, except their feathered body sections produce significantly more drag. Temani and Sal-Leifnin can sort of swim, but not particularly well. Kadi and Drogue both have their own issues.  Kadi have high muscle and bone density, both of which make them sink quite quickly. Drogue are reasonable boyant, but each part of their structure has to be able to breathe. The Keelai and Bale... don't really swim. Bale sink like rocks, holding air inside a shifted lung and walking along the bottom for brief periods if they happen to need to traverse water. Keelai... Keelai swim about as well as mix between a heron and a hawk would: there's a lot of screaming and incoherent curses, followed quickly by drowning if the water is much deeper than their height.)

Remaining credits: 45
Edited sheet and now I have no money, but some more equipment.

Charge crystals are priced in packs of 3, so 10 C buys you 6, not 5. Looks good other than that. I'll start loading up the waitlist for Tiruin's perusal tomorrow.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Fiddly specific lore question: What's Inner Void supposed to represent?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fiddly specific lore question: What's Inner Void supposed to represent?

In the specifics, that's up to you. In broader strokes... Inner rage represents the passionate style of combat, whether that passion be the burning tide that mixes wrath and joy into something hot and deadly, or the colder rage of vengeance and bitter pain. Inner calm is about approaching battle as a game of chess, a series of maneuvers to be planned and calculated. Inner void represents an absence of thought, a reliance upon action and reaction.

The combatant still maintains a central identity with inner rage and inner calm, a persona that defines them. Embracing the inner void is the negation of self, giving up the burdens of thought and the fetters of emotion, and becoming more of a weapon than a person.

Granted, all of that you can bend a little or a lot depending on how you sell your character.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:47:39 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I never did clean up the fluff, but Lora Kal Gara finally has material possessions and a full set of skills.

Price check on manacles? Possibly with a muzzle to further dekeelaize inhibit the beast races.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Done editing my sheet.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, scratch the swim suit, and replace it with ten nails, a saw, and a hammer.

The eleven-foot pole has its length because a lot of things have ranges that are multiples of five units.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Here's the list of sheets, collated. If I missed any, please say :D

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters).

...Two posts then!

Spoiler: Armour (click to show/hide)

@Demonic Spoon; unsure on your sheet?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2nd post continuation.

Please check if your sheet is:
A. Here.
B. Updated (if A is fulfilled)

Hashing things with Draignean over the PMs (and apologies, net troubles!)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, edited again. Took away a debuff from my armor, took away memory crystal, added small tent to my equipment.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, scratch the swim suit, and replace it with ten nails, a saw, and a hammer.

The eleven-foot pole has its length because a lot of things have ranges that are multiples of five units.

I'm now picturing a Keelai in swim trunks, which is hilarious. Thank you for that. 15 C for saw, hammer, and nails.

Heh, nicely done Tir. I just added links to the waitist section, so you can also navigate from there. Going to start skipping through and checking for gear I missed prices on.

For Svurrl: Compartmented Trunk... 10 C

For Jov: Take the prices on your loaded dice, pillow and blanket, backpack, extra set of clothes, and drinks up to five. You don't need to pay for the first set of comfortable clothes.

For Jannary: Five for the backpack, ten for the two sets of trade attire.

For Rol: Equipment is a little bit sparse, but fine. As for the armor, I just wanted to comment that that's probably Kadi light armor. The Kadi have bones of metal, thicker body structure than any other race, and natural hardpoints for bolting things on. A Kadi in true heavy armor is a nightmare, a juggernaut.

For Murdren: A simple Backpack will do just fine, leaving you with a few coins for the road.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, nicely done Tir. I just added links to the waitist section, so you can also navigate from there. Going to start skipping through and checking for gear I missed prices on.
I just quote snipped with fancy editing of format to present the name and archetype in the spoiler header. x3

Also, PM sending soon! Sorry for lateness! :-X

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

For Jov: Take the prices on your loaded dice, pillow and blanket, backpack, extra set of clothes, and drinks up to five. You don't need to pay for the first set of comfortable clothes.
Prices updates as per this post. Current equipment costs 329 as a result.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prices updates as per this post. Current equipment costs 329 as a result.

Huh. I keep coming up with 284 for all your stuff. I could just be failing to do math, but are you sure you're overdrawn?
---

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Huh. No, I'm not sure.
Spoiler: Addition! (click to show/hide)
Huh. Seems you were right. I must have counted the Navigator's Arc and a couple misc. cheap objects twice.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty, PMs done (and sorry Draig for the wait).

Here's a general theme, and I may be crazy, but I've oriented the goal--generally--towards the Darklands.
Quote from: Excerpt
The Darklands are difficult to find an analogy for. On the one hand, they contain a vast quantity of untapped knowledge and relic grade technology. On the other hand, it's an uninhabitable wasteland that might as well, for all intents and purposes, be Hell.

Name: The White Company
Purpose: Combat Research & Darklands Exploration Security
Info: The White Company was created with the theme of understanding. To what, exactly, or which, comprises its usage. Comprised of a small squad of professionals in their arts, and conforming to the concept of egalitarianism, their focus lies in holistic security [see General Belief]. The core concepts of the White Company are the flexibility of efficiency, equitable resolve of dispute, and prevention of future dangers. They will exhaust all peaceful means necessary to end a conflict, but are not limited by merely peaceful endeavors.
Spoiler: General Belief (click to show/hide)

Allocation of Funds (Current Party Chest = 495c)
* 5c Initially taken out to fund Joan's requirements

> 500c taken out to fund the vehicle [Fulfilling the 'hard limit' of fund allocation]

Leaving 495c to be spent on the party's whims.

Suggested priorities:
> Miscellaneous items or Battle-oriented Support Items{Primarily within the Equipment section}
> Archetype-supporting items{ie Focused on your primary skill idea; ie If Artificier, inquire on [misc?] items which would help your idea of the Artificier based on the codex, and your skill plan}
> Darklands Survival Gear{I should ask about this :/}
> Emergency -Personal- Equipment{Pursuing the egalitarian notion of the party; each member must at least have these items if they are stranded or require aid}
[Space for edit as I have lacking time to even fill an offline sheet with :I][Suggestions are welcome]
> Additions to armor.I personally feel like this is at the last priority. In my logic, the damage deduction is a very minor mechanic--as there's no note of exponential effects {the damage deduction, as far as I see within the mechanics, is linear [Subtraction]}, and warrants little protection, though still valued in the 1-3 hp scenario. Though I do feel it is not a priority when speaking about funds; this is contradicted by my -uncertainty- if we can ever upgrade our armor later on. {I feel like we can, thus this priority is lessened}

...Purpose is up for edit, because I lack words.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:19:08 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15