Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3497 3498 [3499] 3500 3501 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6119923 times)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #52470 on: July 03, 2018, 03:27:17 pm »

Forts have had bigger incidents.
Though admitedlly, it usually involves nobles, legendary cheesemakers, and children.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52471 on: July 03, 2018, 07:47:18 pm »

So apperently there's a pickaxe or two stuck somewhere no dwarf can get, and I have no idea how to figure out where it is, I only know it's causing cancel equipment:could not find path spam and it's really bothering me

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52472 on: July 03, 2018, 08:19:27 pm »

So apperently there's a pickaxe or two stuck somewhere no dwarf can get, and I have no idea how to figure out where it is, I only know it's causing cancel equipment:could not find path spam and it's really bothering me
I vaguely recall mention of recent patch notes that we could now zoom to the location of an announcement.  Barring that, you could check your main inventory screen and filter on pick axe, try to find it that way.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #52473 on: July 03, 2018, 08:22:40 pm »

I vaguely recall mention of recent patch notes that we could now zoom to the location of an announcement.  Barring that, you could check your main inventory screen and filter on pick axe, try to find it that way.

If you have a bookkeeper; otherwise I don't think you can get an inventory of specific items once you have more than ten of them.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52474 on: July 03, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »

Or make more picks, or turn mining off on whoever's complaining.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52475 on: July 03, 2018, 08:49:59 pm »

I vaguely recall mention of recent patch notes that we could now zoom to the location of an announcement...
This new feature works well, just 'z' from the 'a'nnouncement and it should center on the missing pickaxe.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52476 on: July 03, 2018, 09:12:30 pm »

Doors... So many doors... So many bins...

Also pig eugenics. Progressing nicely after almost 4 years; had no below-average births last year!
Good that the birth wave was before the grizzly bear corpse in my general "rotty stuff" section in the fort started making miasma, so I could lock it off.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:14:17 pm by MrLurkety »
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52477 on: July 03, 2018, 10:28:45 pm »

It only lets me zoom to the dwarf giving the announcement for some reason....

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52478 on: July 04, 2018, 02:23:24 am »

Spring arrived and almost immediately a half a dozen pets dropped dead throughout the fort simultaneously for no reason. I don't think any two were of the same species, to boot.
And none of them were even touched by the recent wrestler tantrums...
EDIT: I amend my previous statement. About 1/4 of the forts 400 animals dropped dead all at once. Don't ask why there's so many, especially since I still haven't gotten the cavy smasher back in commission.
It only lets me zoom to the dwarf giving the announcement for some reason....
yeah it only ever does. If you don't have too many total pickaxes, I'd advise looking through the stocks menu and maybe forbidding the unreachable ones until a means of reaching them is made.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:25:39 am by weiserthanyou »
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52479 on: July 04, 2018, 02:33:49 am »

Spring arrived and almost immediately a half a dozen pets dropped dead throughout the fort simultaneously for no reason. I don't think any two were of the same species, to boot.
And none of them were even touched by the recent wrestler tantrums...
EDIT: I amend my previous statement. About 1/4 of the forts 400 animals dropped dead all at once. Don't ask why there's so many, especially since I still haven't gotten the cavy smasher back in commission.

Old age probably.

Preparations underway for a story fort to sharpen some skills. Gotta wonder, will dwarves with thier own brand of great weapon prove formidable enough to overcome the undead?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #52480 on: July 04, 2018, 02:51:18 am »

A werelizard showed up at my fortress, but thankfully only four dwarves died.

Props goes to a fallen miner, who valiantly wounded the werelizard multiple times before being slain. I believe these wounds were responsible for the werelizard's death.

They all get burial caskets in a purpose-built room.

I'm getting on to doing things like attempting to make weapons, and trying to further extend my food stockpiles.

tussock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52481 on: July 04, 2018, 07:06:17 am »

The other zoom key is 'x'

If there's a dorf and an object in different places, 'z' should be the dorf, and 'x' should be the object. I haven't tested it out of lack of need, but those are the keys that come with the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52482 on: July 04, 2018, 07:47:38 am »

After almost a year, the stubborn dwarven army and their pet weretortoise outside my gates are showing no sign of leaving. We're fine for now, there's wood and plump helmets in the caverns and loads of spare booze.

The invaders however aren't doing so well. They've been suffering attrition in the way of a constant stream of visitors for a while, one or two of them have become depressed and right now they seem to be about to collapse into full loyalty cascade. Fights are breaking out throughout their ranks. Watching them fall apart while we dance in the tavern safely below them is such fun.

Some of the dwarf visitors from the invading army's civ are applying for citizenship. Self-preservation measure probably after one was murdered recently.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 08:01:01 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52483 on: July 04, 2018, 08:10:31 am »

Our tavern dancer died, according to the report and location, she died on the part of the tavern set for dancing, she died doing her job.

I wondered how she died and found out that a drunken dwarf was throwing punches to a few dwarves around him, yeah basically he killed her (and sent a dwarf to the hospital).

A litteral murder on the dance floor

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52484 on: July 04, 2018, 08:24:25 am »

Summer came and with that the invading dwarvern army finally left. Five dwarves remained each stumbling obliviously or stricken with melancholy. My militia who've been training all year and itching to try out their new steel gear finished them off.

Hordes of scholars have emerged from the edges of the map where they were hiding and headed straight for the library. Now they're desperately discussing diseased and foul water, liquid extraction and hernia operations.

Stressed dwarves are banned from venturing outside right now. There are literally hundreds of bodies of visitors and dwarf soldiers scattered across the countryside.

That was fun. Keeping the fortress going all year, treating stressed dorfs, training the army and watching the siegers slowly destroy themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 3497 3498 [3499] 3500 3501 ... 3842