Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095466 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51600 on: January 19, 2018, 11:40:26 pm »

A pity there's no glorious ending to be had then for that squad.
Keep sending them. Eventually they'll be spotted. :)
You might want to send in an adventurer to meet the toughest warriors there. That'll make them historical figures and ensure they're figured into the raid process (non hist-figs aren't working right now).

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51601 on: January 20, 2018, 09:20:20 am »

The battle to rid the south side of the map of trees continues. Slowly, they are being encroached by floor tiles, working from the outside to the center.
It's gonna take a while. Running out of stones, I will probably switch to glass or fire clay bricks. I am aware that I could build roads instead of floors, but I prefer floors. You can build stuff on floors, and if you remove them they don't suddenly reveal trees that insta-grow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
btw, that's the size of a 2x2 embark, it's my entire map
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:23:19 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #51602 on: January 20, 2018, 09:38:10 am »

I am trying to capture all creatures that invade my Fortress and have a quite big animal stockpile now, but some semi-megabeasts simply don't path towards my fort, loitering at the edge of the map, rendering my beautifully set webbed cage traps useless.

Even stationing squads outside results in nothing, I need ro go and move to the thing to get it killed.
In a time before time, I had a name.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51603 on: January 20, 2018, 09:47:27 am »

I am trying to capture all creatures that invade my Fortress and have a quite big animal stockpile now, but some semi-megabeasts simply don't path towards my fort, loitering at the edge of the map, rendering my beautifully set webbed cage traps useless.

Even stationing squads outside results in nothing, I need ro go and move to the thing to get it killed.
Updated to 44.05 yet? It fixes beasts not pathing to your fort.

In other news, thanks, elves, I now have a breeding pair of war gorillas.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51604 on: January 20, 2018, 10:00:21 am »

Locked a few monster hunters in the caverns. They don't seem to mind.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #51605 on: January 20, 2018, 12:26:34 pm »

No, it's my goblin citizen has 'needs alcohol to get through the working day' in her thoughts and preferences screen. My elf and human citizens don't have it, but my goblin does.

EDIT: she also has the 'doesn't care about anything anymore' trait. Perhaps that induces alcohol-dependence?

Maybe it's the other way around: she could have become alcoholic because of combat, and then DF added 'needs alcohol to get through the working day' as a marker of that.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:09:26 pm by Eschar »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51606 on: January 20, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »

Keep sending them. Eventually they'll be spotted. :)
You might want to send in an adventurer to meet the toughest warriors there. That'll make them historical figures and ensure they're figured into the raid process (non hist-figs aren't working right now).
I didn't thought of the adventurer trick, thanks for that suggestion, maybe the lack of opponent is related to a lack of gob historical figure in their site after all there have been tons and tons of goblins annihilated by my military through the many years of my fortress, maybe all the historical figures have been part of those destroyed gobs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51607 on: January 20, 2018, 02:10:11 pm »

If you take a dwarf from your fort and body swap him into an adventurer, then join an enemy civ, then in dwarf mode you raid the enemy civ and one of your soldiers kills that dwarf, will it cause a loyalty cascade upon return to your fort?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #51608 on: January 20, 2018, 04:00:10 pm »

No, it's my goblin citizen has 'needs alcohol to get through the working day' in her thoughts and preferences screen. My elf and human citizens don't have it, but my goblin does.

EDIT: she also has the 'doesn't care about anything anymore' trait. Perhaps that induces alcohol-dependence?

Maybe it's the other way around: she could have become alcoholic because of combat, and then DF added 'needs alcohol to get through the working day' as a prerequisite (post-requisite?) to that.
Not a prerequisite, a marker.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #51609 on: January 20, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »

Maybe it's the other way around: she could have become alcoholic because of combat, and then DF added 'needs alcohol to get through the working day' as a prerequisite (post-requisite?) to that.
Not a prerequisite, a marker.

True.

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51610 on: January 20, 2018, 06:04:00 pm »

If you take a dwarf from your fort and body swap him into an adventurer, then join an enemy civ, then in dwarf mode you raid the enemy civ and one of your soldiers kills that dwarf, will it cause a loyalty cascade upon return to your fort?
don't think so since that dwarf should be considered part of the enemy civ
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51611 on: January 20, 2018, 06:53:56 pm »

I thought my jabberer breeding program had ground to a halt when my breeding female croaked of old age, and the egg hatched into a male, leaving me with two males.
But I must have missed another egg hatching, for I just found a female jabberer hatchling in my animal list, and wandering the fort.
(NOTE: hatchlings aren't automatically assigned to their mother's pen, like baby animals)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #51612 on: January 20, 2018, 06:54:45 pm »

Updated to 44.05 yet? It fixes beasts not pathing to your fort.
Not yet... Thanks for the tip, it seems to be save compatible and all, my fault.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51613 on: January 20, 2018, 06:59:30 pm »

My fort got yet another Werecivet attack, as usual i check the combat report to see if someone got bitten, fortunately this time there was none that i needed to move to my outside prison in wait for the next gob invasion, the reason is one of my legendary Axelord that showed that not only he was as expected very brutal but was also a complete savage :D

Quote from: Legendary Axelord
So that's a Werecivet right ?
You tell me we should stay away because he could bite ? Ha ha, you're joking right ? let's see if he can bite as savagely strongly as my legendary mouth can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:06:39 pm by Robsoie »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #51614 on: January 20, 2018, 07:03:03 pm »

Those pesky edgelords...
Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 3842