Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3335 3336 [3337] 3338 3339 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104774 times)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50040 on: May 03, 2017, 03:58:14 am »

Got bored with everything going right on my old fort and started a new one. Decided to be the cruelest of overseers - no one is eating meat in this fort. Meat is being immediately traded away or dumped in the magma tube down in the second cavern layer. Should make for an interesting challenge.

Trying to decide WHERE I want things to be though...the magma is highest at -98. If I build the general fort around -60ish, that shouldn't be too far for the smiths to go in order to complete their orders, but is that too far down from the farms? :|a Also debating how to get the clay down, but some wooden wheelbarrows should fix that, unless I try building an impulse elevator. Never done anything quite so complicated with minecarts before though...
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50041 on: May 03, 2017, 04:15:03 am »

Bonus points for you if your dwarfes get Sewer Brew only as alcohol and nothing else.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50042 on: May 03, 2017, 04:23:40 am »

Bonus points for you if your dwarfes get Sewer Brew only as alcohol and nothing else.
Challenge accepted, though it'll take a little while. They can have wine for awhile until I get a smuck-- I mean a migrant in that I can turn into a plant collector.

Also did I mention the biome set I'm in is a savage desert, a joyous wilds freshwater marsh and a joyous wilds saltwater marsh? I'm hoping for animals and beasts though, since there's no goblins nearby. Might deliberately piss off the humans later on after I steal all their iron. There is no iron ore on this map and it makes me cry a little. I have literally every other metal except for aluminum and iron.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50043 on: May 03, 2017, 04:39:24 am »

Embarked on a volcano, hoping to get an interesting map... Literally a giant 5x5 flat sheet of obsidian. Not complaining too much, as I've got ten x-levels of obsidian with gems and ores to work with before I even hid ground one, plus a nice area to host my forges, but damn... No farming or herd animals until I reach the caverns I guess.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50044 on: May 03, 2017, 10:25:03 am »

Mass slaughter of animals as we hit a count of 250 of them. Threw a baby troglodyte in the werepanda exclusion room- but then it hit 2 leftover stonefalls broke a leg and got caught in a cage. Had were panda build cage as he will eventually destroy it. I figure the baby trog is just constantly screaming in horror at him. Also caught a female cave croc after it chased all five migrant fishers to drowing. I'm gonna breed it with a male I caught earlier and then use them to replace most of the fort's birds.

meanwhile a masterwork gold statue of the werepanda ghost scaring the werepanda that killed him to death has been installed next to the bed in the future noble chambers.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50045 on: May 03, 2017, 04:49:51 pm »

meanwhile a masterwork gold statue of the werepanda ghost scaring the werepanda that killed him to death has been installed next to the bed in the future noble chambers.
Not sure I understand this bit; the Wiki says werecreatures of the same race aren't hostile to each other when turned (& that seems to be borne out by my experience with weredwarves).. was one of the werepandas a different base race?

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50046 on: May 03, 2017, 07:28:10 pm »

Not sure I understand this bit; the Wiki says werecreatures of the same race aren't hostile to each other when turned (& that seems to be borne out by my experience with weredwarves).. was one of the werepandas a different base race?
Probably more a case of the fact one was a ghost than what race they were - angry ghosts will still scare people in their faction to death.

EDIT: And then the elves came and had this instrument on them. It's worth 39k dwarf bucks. I am tempted to sell a majority of what I own for it because man.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:35:02 am by FortunaDraken »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50047 on: May 04, 2017, 04:45:16 am »

elves came and had this instrument on them. It's worth 39k dwarf bucks. I am tempted to sell a majority of what I own for it because man.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buy it! Buy it! I buy them when I can to improve trade relations. I refuse to give them gifts.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #50048 on: May 04, 2017, 06:19:32 am »

Probably more a case of the fact one was a ghost than what race they were - angry ghosts will still scare people in their faction to death.

EDIT: And then the elves came and had this instrument on them. It's worth 39k dwarf bucks. I am tempted to sell a majority of what I own for it because man.

Holy Armok man, that Elven bagpipe is made from forgotten beast hair and divine cloth. DON'T FUCK WITH THOSE ELVES, they must have raided a goddamn vault, and killed a forgotten beast. They must be badass.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50049 on: May 04, 2017, 06:46:41 am »

Werepanda 100% will murder each other. I've had two different werepanda kill other werepanda. All were infected fort dwarves. All were in werepanda form at the time of killing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:42:12 am by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50050 on: May 04, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »

Did a full map tile embark... Holy crap do I have a lot of stuff. There's over thirty thousand amethysts... When I hit reveal there was three seperate cave people tribes, sadly all hostile. There's also a tent almost directly beside my wagon made of sheep wool, with two humans on it, a fisherworker and a swordsman. Despite the trees being "sparse" i have about four hundred to work with on the surface. Problem is I'm at 9 fps right off the bat. Sadly had to retire the fort, even with fastdwarf on everything was slow.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50051 on: May 04, 2017, 05:07:21 pm »

Fine, but who/what killed that being in the first place in order for it to become a ghost?

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50052 on: May 04, 2017, 11:51:33 pm »

Fine, but who/what killed that being in the first place in order for it to become a ghost?

Another ghost. It's ghosts all the way down.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50053 on: May 05, 2017, 07:28:42 am »

Question, how good is an artifact gold helm?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AstralDusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50054 on: May 05, 2017, 09:25:31 am »

Outpost liaison stopped into my tavern on his way out, and...

... dude's got some beef with Perom the poet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:29:48 am by AstralDusk »
Pages: 1 ... 3335 3336 [3337] 3338 3339 ... 3842