Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122800 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46515 on: March 02, 2016, 07:25:03 pm »

For some reason, my norsemen won't ready a plot of land to grow rope reeds. At the very least they diligently sow long yams, turnips, and cabbage to sustain us. We need stone desperately, as we lack other means to create mechanisms, and cannot build strong walls with wood alone.

Another attempt upon the aquifer is a must.
But wood walls are also walls, they can stand even fire.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46516 on: March 02, 2016, 07:33:19 pm »

For some reason, my norsemen won't ready a plot of land to grow rope reeds. At the very least they diligently sow long yams, turnips, and cabbage to sustain us. We need stone desperately, as we lack other means to create mechanisms, and cannot build strong walls with wood alone.

Another attempt upon the aquifer is a must.
But wood walls are also walls, they can stand even fire.
But any hold worth its salt has a good, solid, wall of rock! How else can we norsemen prove to the dwarves we are knowledgeable architects and masons?

But that matters not. The dead stir, and not through any fault of the land.

Keas long since killed have started to move again, forcing the pair of warriors to battle them, and hope to find the source.

For reference, I modded the keas' ability to fly away, because I didn't feel like dealing with them with the archers I don't have.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46517 on: March 02, 2016, 07:35:06 pm »

Of course all the walls in the world mean jack shit if your enemies sprint up the side of it. I lost a kobold kamp to dwarves doing that once. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46518 on: March 02, 2016, 07:48:57 pm »

And true norsemen don't give the enemy that chance, if they can help it.

Ask the necromancer we now hunt.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46519 on: March 02, 2016, 07:56:46 pm »

Right. Far smarter to leave an open path for the enemy to come and go as they please...through chokepoints fulla traps.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46520 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:07 pm »

Right. Far smarter to leave an open path for the enemy to come and go as they please...through chokepoints fulla traps.

Traps, ramparts with patrolling archers, and warriors clogging the opening with a shield wall and weapons readied to strike.

Winter comes and a boon and a bane is given: While we lose our water supply from the creek, we are able to use the resultant ice to dig downward and build a small mineshaft. Now we can get stone, and a very quick exploratory dig reveals coal in the rock. As such, there's a distinct chance for iron as well.

If we may gird our warriors with steel, strong and true, then the alfr  have no chance against us.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46521 on: March 02, 2016, 08:17:47 pm »

Traps, ramparts with patrolling archers, and warriors clogging the opening with a shield wall and weapons readied to strike.

Damn you, now you're making me wish that the AI was smart enough for formation fighting. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46522 on: March 02, 2016, 08:27:19 pm »

Success! Before the thaw, we have a secure shaft. NOw we begin the process of building a hall for our inevitable deaths. And secure fine gray stone, with which to build...

Midboss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46523 on: March 02, 2016, 08:37:40 pm »

The ol entrance is a bit green and slimy. Hope nobody slips into the pit while walking on the path of traps.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2758-entranceofvomit

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46524 on: March 02, 2016, 08:50:57 pm »

"Kanil Ocgiivak, Human Bard is visiting." YES! They really are stupid enough to visit this hellhole!

EDIT: And another moron arrives to stand around in a meeting zone in the middle of nowhere.

EDIT 2: The second arrival, a swordsman, got spooked by a zombie ewe.

"Hey they even serve mutton here? Cool! This looks a bit old thoug-OH SHIT!"

EDIT 3: ...whoops. My latest experiment in changing goblin blood caused the visitors and outpost liaison to INSTANTLY die.

EDIT 4: Guess what?

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It is raining goblin blood that causes things to bleed from their EVERYTHING, including their internal organs.

EDIT 5: I decided to mod goblin blood to do something that'll get the blood flowing in a more...entertaining manner.

EDIT 6: Apparently adding "opposed to life" to a living creature makes them friendly to undead. Booo.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:45:37 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46525 on: March 02, 2016, 11:56:37 pm »

Morksongr sees its first intruder slain: A fell werecat, struck down by the Hersir in single combat (by some fucked up miracle.) His iron Valkyrja sword cut the beast's limbs and clove its head asunder. It was unceremoniously chucked into a room sealed by stone floodgate to rot out of sight with the keas.

A small inn is also being built from walnut, to house the 20 or so migrant norsemen until their own homes can be built and allow them to socialize.

The warhost also expands to 12 warriors, though most lack weaponry or armor due to a lack of ore. Many are vetereans of the war with the alfr, some having a half dozen war beasts or elves to their name.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46526 on: March 03, 2016, 12:00:58 am »

Now get some vampire blood for a Grow Your Own Einherjar project?

Meanwhile I tweaked the blood so it shouldn't make anymore victims friendly to undead. Just in time for a second arbalist to visit The Stupid Inn. He should get into a shootout with the other guy, who's busy chilling with a zombie swordsman.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46527 on: March 03, 2016, 12:40:28 am »

Now get some vampire blood for a Grow Your Own Einherjar project?

Meanwhile I tweaked the blood so it shouldn't make anymore victims friendly to undead. Just in time for a second arbalist to visit The Stupid Inn. He should get into a shootout with the other guy, who's busy chilling with a zombie swordsman.

If I took this mod to a full conclusion, I'd actually probably include Einherjar as an exceedingly rare caste of warriors with a means to make them by making offerings of steel or adamantine weapons and armor to the gods.

But no. Because vampires have this nasty habit of killing my other soldiers and more valuable workers.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46528 on: March 03, 2016, 12:57:14 am »

The duchess had a new demand...OK.
Oh, fine pewter something, I think I have some...

j - m - q ... fine pewter b... what? bed!?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46529 on: March 03, 2016, 02:42:07 am »

The duchess had a new demand...OK.
Oh, fine pewter something, I think I have some...

j - m - q ... fine pewter b... what? bed!?

A artifact bed.

Time to arrange a accident or invoke a mood with your metal crafters.
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 3842