Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2875 2876 [2877] 2878 2879 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099945 times)

Ubrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43140 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:27 pm »

Really? The latest news is that several/many years ago someone was kidnapped? I guess news travel incredibly slow in this game.

And of course obligatory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43141 on: September 28, 2015, 09:08:41 pm »

Really? The latest news is that several/many years ago someone was kidnapped? I guess news travel incredibly slow in this game.

And of course obligatory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That usually only happens if you don't talk to the liaison for multiple years. The news builds up, you see.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43142 on: September 28, 2015, 09:11:19 pm »

That dang demon guilt... It always haunts me.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43143 on: September 29, 2015, 04:43:09 am »

That dang HFS guilt... It always haunts me.

You just lost a fortress, right?

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43144 on: September 29, 2015, 12:27:02 pm »

Flooded a part underground of my fortress accidentaly , only wanted to get water to the well.The only things that really went good is that my fortress flooding system is working , im not gonna pull that lever by accident.NEVER.Anyway , for the flooding , i sealed off the part that were needed : safe room , metalsmithing workshops(wood furnaces , smelter and the forge), hospital and the bookeeper office.I still use that part for getting metal and stone(sealed part is really big :D)
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43145 on: September 29, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »

Played four hours, finished 3z high wall and a moat. Frustrating job as hell. Then the winter comes. And game crashes. All saves crash when the winter comes.

Now I feel like punching someone, maybe even toppling some furniture.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43146 on: September 29, 2015, 04:41:52 pm »

Now I feel like punching someone, maybe even toppling some furniture.
Patience, friend. Just take it as another bit of Fun; it's all good, enjoy the tedium.

I'm currently trying to mine some candy that's sitting on top of a lava flow. The water+stairs method is excruciatingly exquisitely slow and tedious, and I somehow managed to flood a lower level within the semi-molten rock which I now have to drain somehow. Good times.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43147 on: September 29, 2015, 07:55:23 pm »

Fortress of Axehole was founded. Aquifer pierced, both hematite and bituminous coal located in upper layers by summer. A single white jade cluster was unearthed. And only one accident in preparing the aquifer plug; I forgot to channel out beneath the first one. A whole month and a half wasted! Stoneworker nearly drowned because he wouldnt fucking climb up the ramps, but hey. Free swimming experience. I'll build a swimming pool, even, and mandate swimming lessons for all adults!

Between the fruit trees and shrubs available, I'll hardly want for fresh produce or alcohol. An aquifer, of course, means endless water.

This is a good spot. And only two goblin civilizations and carp men to content with.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43148 on: September 29, 2015, 09:39:46 pm »

Fort is on year 27.  Population up to 93.  Currently trying to extirpate crundles.  DFHack tells me there are only 417 left to go.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43149 on: September 29, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »

Fort is on year 27.  Population up to 93.  Currently trying to extirpate crundles.  DFHack tells me there are only 417 left to go.

In the DFHack console, type "exterminate crundle".

Then, suddenly, 417 becomes 0.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43150 on: September 29, 2015, 10:37:25 pm »

In the DFHack console, type "exterminate crundle".

Then, suddenly, 417 becomes 0.

Yeah, I could do that, but it's honestly more fun to catch them in traps and throw them into the magma disposal pit.  The pit is 6 z from top to magma, yet the smoke sometimes reaches the floor.

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43151 on: September 29, 2015, 11:10:38 pm »

Rather than exterminating the crundles, why not just tame them and eat their eggs before sending them to shred goblins in an arena for entertainment?

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43152 on: September 29, 2015, 11:15:45 pm »

Rather than exterminating the crundles, why not just tame them and eat their eggs before sending them to shred goblins in an arena for entertainment?

Because crundles have no multiplier and one of my goals is to feed my dwarves good, non-crundle food to the best of my ability.

I only have 93 dwarves and no migrants, and almost 150 cave crocs in the event I, for whatever reason, urgently need eggs.  No, crundles simply need to die, in magma.

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43153 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:21 am »

My attempt in cleaning up the moat ends up resulting in the creation of a water tank instead.

Now, to hoard all the booze and enact a fortress-wide prohibition for extra fun.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43154 on: September 30, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »

Planning gigantic actacombs for "The crypt of infamy" group name. And now the elven caravan has arrived. So thing have come to this. It shall be dwarven.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 2875 2876 [2877] 2878 2879 ... 3842