Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2866 2867 [2868] 2869 2870 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100721 times)

hauntedmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43005 on: September 16, 2015, 12:16:03 am »

I have halflings in my modded world. One of them is a werezebra, and he just fell into a deep pit trap I made. If I flood the chamber with water will it drown?

Also, what are some other things I could do? I don't have access to magma, before anyone suggests  :P

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43006 on: September 16, 2015, 01:11:51 am »

Werebeasts do need to breathe. If he's one of your civilians, though... Make him a SPEHSS MURHEEN, because werebeasts sealed into places make great soldiers.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

hauntedmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43007 on: September 16, 2015, 02:38:17 am »

Okay well, before I could do anything, he somehow climbed out of the pit, or smashed a floodgate and escaped. Luckily he had changed back to Halfling form, and a swarm of my guys beat him to death. We then butchered and ate him. I was concerned it might spread the werezebra curse but they seem fine after consuming the halfling's flesh. Maybe it has to be dead in cursed form for the meat and organs to be infectious, or maybe eating their butchered products doesn't give infection.

On a side note, a -second- werezebra showed up a year later. This one a dwarf child werezebra. It charged straight into my livestock area, tearing apart a dog, two sheep and a yak cow. I sent my ragtag and meagre squad of three militia in and they got wrecked and killed. The werezebra then turned back to normal form and ran off. At least on the bright side, nobody lived to spread the curse.

And no, the original werezebra wasn't one of my dudes. He arrived at our fort and made trouble.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43008 on: September 16, 2015, 02:58:18 am »

Okay well, before I could do anything, he somehow climbed out of the pit, or smashed a floodgate and escaped. Luckily he had changed back to Halfling form, and a swarm of my guys beat him to death. We then butchered and ate him. I was concerned it might spread the werezebra curse but they seem fine after consuming the halfling's flesh. Maybe it has to be dead in cursed form for the meat and organs to be infectious, or maybe eating their butchered products doesn't give infection.

It's only bites that spread the infection, as per the original 'bitten by a werewolf' mythos.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43009 on: September 16, 2015, 03:04:23 am »

Heavensins is going fairly smoothly after Miss Gluttonycharity's death.

A full wall up, decent trade routes with the humans, and two caverns cracked into through a staircase by the ocean ((the second one not touching the ground)). May be fun to flood at some point.

I mean sure, an army of Plump Helmet Men charged topside and off the map, a GCS clambered up ((before being brain-scratched)) and a Troll decided it would be fun to trample my farming buildings and two of my plots before getting absolutely mauled, AND Miss Gluttonycharity is still hanging around no doubt bored out of her mind, but it's going well.

Now on to phase two: Mass Production Of Ludicrous Trade Goods

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43010 on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:45 pm »

No... words... should have waited til next version... so I could have sent... a poet.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43011 on: September 16, 2015, 04:04:20 pm »

No elven civilisations to destroy and torment?

Some people. To think they call leaving out the main antagonist playing.

If you don't kill or torture any elves at all, there can be no win condition.
One wheel short of a wagon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43012 on: September 16, 2015, 04:07:35 pm »

So, with werebeasts, the curse is only infectious through the attack called "Bite", and then only when transformed, and only when the "Bite" attack breaks the skin. Biting, holding on, and shaking around, regardless of how severe the damage, does not transfer the curse, nor does anything else. In the next version, profaning temples will be able to cause it, but hey.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43013 on: September 16, 2015, 04:13:48 pm »

^- shaking around can cause it as long as it draws blood or removes a body part.

I did this during my various weremammoth/moose rampages in adventurer mode when I showed that I should never be given the power to turn people into monsters at will.
No elven civilisations to destroy and torment?

Some people. To think they call leaving out the main antagonist playing.

If you don't kill or torture any elves at all, there can be no win condition.

There are elves, but I stopped scrolling around looking at spots when I found 8 towers and a war.

Code: [Select]
Civilized World Population

16 Dwarves
        572 Humans
        141 Elves
        1669 Goblins

Total: 2398
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11139

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43014 on: September 16, 2015, 05:46:38 pm »

I'm trying to capture a steel cockroach FB with poisonous vapours. Unfortunately, the bloody thing is just waltzing all over my webbed cage traps. Is it a bug or is it supposed to happen? The webs were left by a different FB, and I successfully captured some other beasts, as well as a clown this way. It's a 34.11 fort, in case that matters.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #43015 on: September 16, 2015, 06:04:37 pm »

Wait, is it an actual cockroach? If so, that's the funniest FB to be made of steel. And yes, it's a bug.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43016 on: September 16, 2015, 06:29:50 pm »

The dwarven coffee maker is loaded.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43017 on: September 16, 2015, 06:57:53 pm »

Built the uncreatively named Stonecastle along what I thought was a valley, but it's still on a mountain. A section has been reshaped, a depot built, small dormitory, storerooms, and limited metalworking. Our started two warriors (Swordsdwarf Shem and Wrestler Olon,) have a small space to run solo drills between other duties. There's a war on with the goblins, so maybe I'll see some armed conflict in what is largely vanilla DF (using the accelerated modest mod with no other changes.)

A separate area will be used for farming, mostly for some artificial challenge, as the map is also rich with olive and rambutan trees, which will provide a great source of fine soap and fruit wine in addition to standard dwarven fare of quarry bushes and cave wheat flour. Gold and nickle are also plentiful, which makes my choice to trade tools and such for some bronze-making ores a sound one.

Lamrimtar waits.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43018 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »

Wait, is it an actual cockroach? If so, that's the funniest FB to be made of steel. And yes, it's a bug.

With a fat, bulging trunk no less. I didn't pay much attention to that since I had got things like six-legged kangaroos before. I will have to somehow lure it away, likely together with its porcelain web-slinger friend.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43019 on: September 16, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

So, first mood failed. Clothier went berserk because they wanted yarn (the one type of cloth I couldn't get,) and proceeded to murder some of the peafowl. Shem proceeded to grapple the mad Clothier and punched the fuck out of him.

In response to Catten screaming she is panicking at being attacked, Shem calmly told her "there is no need to feel vengeful," and obliterated her hand when she tried to catch his fist. She then blacked ouyt, and her head turned into a lump of goop.

The dead birds were chucked into a ditch, and Catten's being buried.

EDIT: First shits and giggles fort of this nature and my first death happened in year 1 in a calm place in the shape of dwarf on dwarf violence. I feel strangely happy.
Pages: 1 ... 2866 2867 [2868] 2869 2870 ... 3842