Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2744 2745 [2746] 2747 2748 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112861 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41175 on: May 04, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

Merchants are probably already packing up to leave. In past versions it could take a while for caravans to pack up their stuff and leave the depot, but I swear I heard Toady had fixed that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41176 on: May 04, 2015, 11:49:14 am »

Maybe one of the wagons somehow got annihilated?  I think if one merchant thing dies at all, the merchants book it.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41177 on: May 04, 2015, 11:56:32 am »

I just confirmed that my Fortress has reanimation.  This is my first experience with the effect, which would normally be bad enough.  Additionally however, the effect is not consistent (only the Western part of the land).  The somewhat haphazard nature of Cavern mining means I could easily venture into the reanimation zone without realizing it.  Pray for my Dorfs, they're gonna need it :(

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41178 on: May 04, 2015, 12:00:07 pm »

AGGGHHH!  My Broker is finally not drinking or on break or doing something else.  He is AT the Trade Depot and it is the Human Caravan who are refusing to trade.  What?!?!?   It just says "No Traders available for trading" or something like that.  The "T" for trade is grayed out.  What is going on?   :(

Grrrrrrr!    >:(

That drawbridge is awwwwwwwwwfully close to the trade depot there.  Is that blood on it?  Whose?
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41179 on: May 04, 2015, 12:37:23 pm »

"What do you mean, too many turkey?"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41180 on: May 04, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »

A bone carver withdrew from society while assisting with building the new magma operations.   First thing they did was ignore a restricted area order and step into the partially filled magma cistern.

Well that sorted itself out nicely.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41181 on: May 04, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »

Some reckless designation led to one of the miners falling around 8 floors. Her left arm, both legs and hip are mangled beyond recognition because I wasn't paying attention, and I don't have anyone with the skill to treat her properly.

Her top thoughts? "She is relieved after being rescued." and "She feels guilty after being able to rest and recuperate." :(

*grumblegrumbstupidgamemakingmefeelbadgrumblegrumble*

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41182 on: May 04, 2015, 02:28:57 pm »

Hmm. Now that I'm done with the turkeys, I've got a few cave creature corpses to chop up. Anyone have a clue why my butcher says "Needs butcherable unrotten item" with two GCS corpses literally a tile from his workshop?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41183 on: May 04, 2015, 03:12:32 pm »

Are they rotten? Maybe they are reserved by a hauling job, if so try forbidding them and then immediately unforbidding them.

In my Rubble gnome fort I finally captured and tamed a pair of GCS! And since I was testing the new Rubble port of Modest Mod GCS have a child state (so their offspring can be fully domesticated)!

Now I have 8 domesticated GCS to post just inside my entry :) Not to mention my FB trap, my silk farm...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:27:10 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41184 on: May 04, 2015, 03:21:08 pm »

A bone carver withdrew from society while assisting with building the new magma operations.   First thing they did was ignore a restricted area order and step into the partially filled magma cistern.

Well that sorted itself out nicely.
"restricted" isn't an order.  It just makes them go out of their way to avoid it if they possibly can.

Maybe he wanted a rough gem from it or something.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41185 on: May 04, 2015, 03:49:30 pm »

The helmet snake, cave dragon, giant cave swallow, and jabberer eggs hatched while I wasn't watching, so now I have a bunch of fully-grown untrained cave dragons and helmet snakes and I'll have to wait for the next generation. Ah, well, at least my animal trainers will have more animals to train on. My hammer also killed a random guy for not fulfilling my mayor's mandate. WELP, I'm melting down the executioner's hammer. I gave my legendary hammerdwarf the position of hammerer only because I thought he would only be beating actual criminals, not random mandate-violators.

I've completed a design for a demon trap using GCS webs dropped from above. What do you guys' web traps look like?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41186 on: May 04, 2015, 06:39:59 pm »

Got a forgotten beast.  My military is not prepared, but I don't want to wall up.  So I send my only armed melee soldier and the hunters all down to see if they can kill it.  Expecting to have to close the doors to the caverns after utter failure.  I queue up some epic combat music in soundsense.

The militia commander with his copper sword walks up to the giant blob made of ash and... causes it to disintegrate with one punch.  All that's left is a pile of ash and 2 forgotten beast wings.

Right, forgot anything made of any loose materiel can be destroyed by a sneeze.  At any rate it's kinda funny imagining a super threatening pile of ash with 2 tiny wings moving towards the fortress, urist mcbadass punching it once (he didn't even use his sword) and then the wings just popping off (with an actual popping noise) and fluttering to the ground as the pile of ash suddenly stops moving.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41187 on: May 04, 2015, 06:50:24 pm »

The fort's first marriage! I'm glad I decided to look at DF at that particular moment.

You see, the hell workers have two purposes. To provide an exclusive workforce for the Hell Bastion and other hell-related projects. And to stuff 20 dwarves in a small room 24/7. Many of them have lovers outside the workforce, but half of them have Hell Worker lovers. And those can marry.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41188 on: May 04, 2015, 07:14:43 pm »

That drawbridge is awwwwwwwwwfully close to the trade depot there.  Is that blood on it?  Whose?

After the last siege of Goblins and Trolls I had about four Kobold thieves/kidnappers sneak in.  A fifth one kidnapped somebody without being noticed but the other four did not escape because they got fingered by either Dwarfs or watch dogs while within the walls.  Two got back outside the walls but failed to get to the edge of the map to escape - that blood if from them. 

Some of it is from the siege. Much of the bodies have been dumped, the weapons melted, and their clothing claimed.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

LockeTalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41189 on: May 04, 2015, 09:04:28 pm »

"What do you mean, too many turkey?"

Amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 2744 2745 [2746] 2747 2748 ... 3842