Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2495 2496 [2497] 2498 2499 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100395 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37440 on: October 08, 2014, 11:47:43 pm »

That's certainly quite organised of you~ I like it

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37441 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:20 am »

The shop to the bottom right of a stockpile is probably going to want whatever is in the top left most of the time. But it looks like you're making the shop rooms big enough to have a feeder stockpile surrounding the shop, which will presumably take from the big stockpile, so it probably won't be too bad. Your haulers will just have to carry stuff across the big pile.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

BirdBrainf4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37442 on: October 09, 2014, 12:04:09 am »

Another thing I am doing (remember, I am still a noob, still learning things) is placing 1 wheelbarrow in a small wood and small stone stockpile that I have by the wood and stone shops.  This way, I can get 1 dwarf to boot scoot with fresh logs while my workers work.  Seems to be doing fine so far.

Yes, I can set up feeder stockpiles.  Each shop has a 5x5 area so I can designate specific items to feed into each shop if desired.

fourpotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • N DSD & Sw
    • View Profile
« Reply #37443 on: October 09, 2014, 12:41:45 am »

The tantrum spiral seems to be coming under control. The murder sprees that looked like a loyalty cascade didn't affect civilization membership and were brought under control by separating the troops & putting the fortress on lock-down. Several civilians went on murder sprees themselves: the Youngest Princess, only 7 years old, slew w11 Amost Brassleopard and traumatized & wounded w5 Obok Aditeb after they were locked up in the same dining room, and a number of dwarves have gone around punching in skulls under the guise of starting fist-fights.

The spiral went on longer than it should have because I forgot to unlock the doors separating most of the fortress from the prison. The guard (under its new new leader w12 Zasit Edanlikot) have begun locking the dangerous away where they won't harm the survivors. Due to the slow reaction, there are about 19 dwarves awaiting medical treatment. Most of the medical staff is dead, insane or in prison for assault.

I don't have a full casualty count, but over a third of the population is dead or expected to die. Mass-casualty contingencies got an initial burst of about 60 buried before I ran out of coffins, and there are still rotting corpses scattered around the fort. Burial operations were significantly delayed because the urgent lockdown trapped many unhappy dwarves in the tomb complex, where they overturned coffins, threw things around and killed each other. Only one of the special tomb guard is alive and not in prison, and two of the undertaker crew seem to have vanished, despite still showing up in the total count of dwarves assigned to the burrow.

That decimation I was planning proved unnecessary, since my military's strength is broken: of my front-line troops I have six trained & two novice front-line marksdwarves, two combat-ready melee squads and several at half strength or less. One melee squad's down to one dwarf, and another was still being formed when the disaster hit. The sentry squads are mostly okay, but they'd only just started training and were only being prepared for guard-tower duty.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:51:34 am by fourpotatoes »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37444 on: October 09, 2014, 04:26:10 am »

I can't go back to non-quantum stockpiles until I'm forced to do so.

----F-------
--=S=------
MS=SU--
--=S=------
---W--------

Food pile, set to accept from links only, no barrels, I usually also have it store animals
Weapons pile, set to accept from links only, no bins, also accepts ammo and armor
fUrniture pile, set to accept from links only, I usually also have it store finished goods
Materials pile, set to accept from links only, no bins, for stone/wood/leather/cloth/gems

Central pile accepts all of those items and will take three wheelbarrows, no bins or barrels.
Each of the track Stops has a hauling route and a minecart that has no conditions, accepts the items of the single tile pile which the Stop dumps onto, and is linked to the central pile.

Putting my workshops around there as I see fit works great. I like to put a central up/down staircase through the middle as well, though I do remove the stockpile square there as it annoys me having items blinking on it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:30:26 am by Max™ »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37445 on: October 09, 2014, 05:04:25 am »

Alligator FB showed up and decided to murder the Rutherers I planned to capture.  >:(

Its death was not swift and painless.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37446 on: October 09, 2014, 05:43:00 am »

Least they stayed dead, I'm gonna have to get up a large military and clear the caverns by hand I guess because things won't stop dying in the reanimating portion of the caverns.

Tons of gore everywhere, the mist generator I built when I accidentally reduced the pressure to the first cavern by trying to repeat it in the second cavern, and a bunch of undead crundles, a forgotten beast, and a troll lower left arm with a name (Rimbind!) chillaxing.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37447 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:53 am »

None of my soldiers seem to realize that wearing a steel helmet is a much better choice than tattered wool caps. Is there a way to force them to switch?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37448 on: October 09, 2014, 06:56:52 am »

Replace clothing instead of over clothing works great with the latest versions from what I've found.

Use exact matches as well, so assign a specific helm for each solder at least until they get it right.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37449 on: October 09, 2014, 07:21:28 am »

Because the race I'm playing as can have evil animals like trolls, I have discovered why they're so plentiful in goblin sites - at the break of autumn, the 20 trolls (10 male, 10 female) that I had turned to 29 trolls in total.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37450 on: October 09, 2014, 02:14:24 pm »

One of my dwarves just attacked our trained Roc for no apparent reason and now he and the Roc is dead. >:(

RIP ˙udo.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:19:43 pm by da_nang »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37451 on: October 09, 2014, 02:32:25 pm »

Armok damn it, one of the most promising graduates got bitten by a werecavy. It's going to be naked cavern mapping duty for him then, I'm afraid.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37452 on: October 09, 2014, 02:34:07 pm »

Armok damn it, one of the most promising graduates got bitten by a werecavy. It's going to be naked cavern mapping duty for him then, I'm afraid.
Noo, give him a weapon and shield.  And a helmet.  For spiders.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37453 on: October 09, 2014, 03:38:35 pm »

The farmer punches The Honey Badger in the head with her right hand and the injured part explodes into gore!

Honey badger care about that!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37454 on: October 09, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »

First strange mood, right after the second migrant wave. Our broker/woodcutter/carpenter went secretive, and made a bucket out of cherry wood. The handle is lapis lazuli. Also, it's called "The Worthless Mechanism", which, since Risens have no use for a well, it pretty much is. It's valuable, though.
Pages: 1 ... 2495 2496 [2497] 2498 2499 ... 3842