Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1760 1761 [1762] 1763 1764 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124932 times)

Porcelain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26415 on: November 05, 2012, 03:53:43 am »

I have a massive citadel which is the centre of a dwarven civilisation (who for some reason have the symbol of a bin) made up of around 255 dwarves. I've broken into the cavern layer and have trapped a forgotten beast made of steam in the dungeons of my castle, where i 'feed' it trolls down a little chute. We've had a little problem in that every noble i've ever had has turned out to be a vampire, but i've solved that problem with a burrow named 'the empirical vampire testing chamber,' in other words a starvin' hole. When the starvin' hole became filled with every mayor the city ever elected i started putting them in the 'ceremonial execution chamber' otherwise known as the 1x1 room with a menacing wooden spike attached to a lever. Then i get some dwarves to frantically pull the lever back and forth until the vampire is probably dead.

TheHornyNarwhal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26416 on: November 05, 2012, 04:12:36 am »

Today I installed beehives into every cell of our civilizations first prison colony

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26417 on: November 05, 2012, 04:52:31 am »

Today I installed beehives into every cell of our civilizations first prison colony
OH GOD THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S WHHHYYY THHHEEEE BBEEEESSS!
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

monjoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26418 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53:57 am »

So I ended up with a world without Goblins and Kobolds. This gives me the opportunity to do stuff that I never get to because I'm usually dead. But I'm 95 levels down and still no magma.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26419 on: November 05, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »

So I ended up with a world without Goblins and Kobolds. This gives me the opportunity to do stuff that I never get to because I'm usually dead. But I'm 95 levels down and still no magma.

We need to go deeper.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26420 on: November 05, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »

Bugbear ambush- Dead bugbear ambush leader. Guess having that mason carry akimbo daggers was a good idea after all.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26421 on: November 05, 2012, 06:14:52 pm »

My dwarves dine well tonight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26422 on: November 05, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »

Dig down to magma sea and third cavern, when a Forgotten Beast shows up. Forgot the exact description, but was a giant feathered rabbit with poison bite. It kills my manager, and, seeing as I have no military, i give up hope. But, then, just to see some dwarven death, I assign an unarmed mechanic to "fight" it. He literally walked up to the beast, and:
 "The Recruit punches the Forgotten Beast in the head with his left hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the brain!"
 Yeah, my first one-shot of a FB was by an unarmed mechanic. However, my fortress then collapsed, seeing as the manager was lover with the mayor and friends with everyone, and the mayor shortly commited melancholy-suicide, thus causing a nice tantrum spiral.
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

cvar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26423 on: November 06, 2012, 01:17:50 am »

After a near disastrous lesson on why you don't smelt masterwork armor I decided to find a use for the copper crap I'd had my weaponsmith level up on.  Smelted what I could, but I had 24 masterwork hammers left over.  Figured those would be somewhat useful as a weapon, even with copper.

Enter the weapon trap.  After putting 2 full weapon traps on my trap walk, I decided to guard the ramp entrance with the remaining 4 war hammers.  2 hammers to a trap, on either side of the 3 wide ramps, figured I might get lucky and slap a snatcher once or twice.

Whoops.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26424 on: November 06, 2012, 11:08:02 am »

Having just learned that it is possible to examine memorial slabs, I have read the ones in my fort Delethkulet ("PolishedAbbeys"). 

A few samples are presented for your perusal.

First, one for a creator of a legendary item with an amusing name:

Next, a poignant memorial to a victim of the evil goblins.  Death to them all!

And, lastly, a touching reminder that even nobles can be fondly remembered sometimes:
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26425 on: November 06, 2012, 12:28:37 pm »

Finished the aquaduct system. Unfortunately, since all but two pressure plates in the entire fort don't work for some reason, I flooded much of the map, and part of the hospital. And one of those is activated by magma, not water. What's more, I hooked it up to the magma flow, but I... forgot to link the lever to the floodgate to allow the water to mix with the magma to make obsidian. A floodgate that is now behind several tiles of 7/7 water.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #26426 on: November 06, 2012, 01:05:28 pm »

Reclaimed my old fort, first artifact of the new reclaim fortress is another damn quern.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26427 on: November 06, 2012, 04:28:36 pm »

anyways: more joy! i managed to strike candy with my elf fort: said candy was then meeted with slade demons: FFFFFFFF 10 minutes later: fort has died.

i had only one type of demon genned... the thing melted the poor sods to bones (( apparently they breatha dust that causes everything but your bones to ignite tr something.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26428 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:29 pm »

Trying to find a good place to embark, but i can't deside. So you guys, help me choose.
Here is the first.

Here is the second. Right next to a Goblin fortress.

And this is the third. Near a Necromancer tower.

Also i am using The fortress defence mod, so this should be fun.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26429 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:18 am »

Trying to find a good place to embark, but i can't deside. So you guys, help me choose.
Here is the first.

Here is the second. Right next to a Goblin fortress.

And this is the third. Near a Necromancer tower.

Also i am using The fortress defence mod, so this should be fun.
Voting 2.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1760 1761 [1762] 1763 1764 ... 3842