Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1761 1762 [1763] 1764 1765 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124666 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26430 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:20 am »

A kobold thief snuck into my fortress. And he made it into a quite restricted area, and attempted to steal a Serpent Man Egg. Then he was caught by the immortal serpent woman who was guarding her future children. I watched in horror as the cutebold attacked her, cutting her arm with a lucky shot... before she shot a spray of fire and BOILED HIM IN A CLOUD OF HER OWN BLOOD-STEAM. I mean really, what the hell?

Anyway, I sent a brave soul (a useless hauler) to clean up the mess and return the egg to it's rightful place. Somehow, it was perfectly fine.

As the hauler left, he got 'hungry' and started walking back towards the eggroom. I facepalmed and marked the door as forbidden.

Yet another random day in Serpentshrine.

I knew bringing my adventurer to 'live' here, with her eggs, would be troublesome, with the AI controlling her.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26431 on: November 07, 2012, 03:20:02 am »

A web-spitting parrot Titan appeared on my map. I stationed my army near the gatehouse but the parrot just flew over the walls. /facepalm

I lost 2 macedwarves. Those were recruits though.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26432 on: November 07, 2012, 09:12:42 am »

Hey, first time I've seen this message.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then again, the lucky couple usually ends up as the first two military dwarves... and never marry.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26433 on: November 07, 2012, 11:34:09 am »

I have built "The Flusher" which is a water based defensive system that pushes goblins into weapon traps repeatedly, to ensure they move (and die) even after their leaders are killed.

So yeah, basically a big "bug" workaround, but man it's fun to watch! Three pumps pushing 7/7 water down a hallway, with automated gear engagement from a row of pressure plates, and a an automated "it's full" indicator in the drain to turn it all off once there's been a wave pushed through.

The weapon traps are filled with 10 warhammers each, so there's no body part explosion when they die, unlike the serrated discs, swords or axes.  A lot of bruising this and shattering that, which has it's own level of satisfaction.   8)

Takes care of a Siege of 40-80 goblins in about 15-30 seconds real-time.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26434 on: November 07, 2012, 11:35:13 am »

I have built "The Flusher" which is a water based defensive system that pushes goblins into weapon traps repeatedly, to ensure they move (and die) even after their leaders are killed.

So yeah, basically a big "bug" workaround, but man it's fun to watch! Three pumps pushing 7/7 water down a hallway, with automated gear engagement from a row of pressure plates, and a an automated "it's full" indicator in the drain to turn it all off once there's been a wave pushed through.

The weapon traps are filled with 10 warhammers each, so there's no body part explosion when they die, unlike the serrated discs, swords or axes.  A lot of bruising this and shattering that, which has it's own level of satisfaction.   8)

Takes care of a Siege of 40-80 goblins in about 15-30 seconds real-time.

I'd like to see that.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26435 on: November 07, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »

... I'd like to see that.
Soitenly.  Here's the link to the most recent save.  PM me if you have any questions.

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26436 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:33 pm »

im pretty excited. this is the first time i have ever embarked on a volcano. and this will most likely be my richest fort as well because there is zinc EVERYWHERE. this is going to be awesome and in honor of my first volcano i threw one of the starting cats down into the volcano BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he found the candy.>.> this is going to sound lame as feck but um.... >.> im kinda worried i read that in some ones sig that the candy will turn into something else(cant remember name)i know that most likely will not happen but some of the stuff i read on here is crazy so....WISH ME LUCK

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26437 on: November 07, 2012, 02:55:13 pm »

im pretty excited. this is the first time i have ever embarked on a volcano. and this will most likely be my richest fort as well because there is zinc EVERYWHERE. this is going to be awesome and in honor of my first volcano i threw one of the starting cats down into the volcano BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he found the candy.>.> this is going to sound lame as feck but um.... >.> im kinda worried i read that in some ones sig that the candy will turn into something else(cant remember name)i know that most likely will not happen but some of the stuff i read on here is crazy so....WISH ME LUCK

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26438 on: November 07, 2012, 02:59:46 pm »

Or instead he could just look it up on the wiki.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26439 on: November 07, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »

A massive goblin siege army attacked my aboveground fort with cave crocodiles and cave crawler mounts. I lost 17 of my 20 macedwarves and there are still some greenskins in my fort. Oh well.. time to clean up. Too bad I lost my best dwarf  :'(

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26440 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:09 pm »

I KNEW IT. honestly im at work right now and all i can think of is doing awesome mega projects or flooding the world on "accident" with magma

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26441 on: November 07, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »

Please, keep us updated with how it goes.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26442 on: November 07, 2012, 08:22:32 pm »

Playing .31.25

The Rags of Luck have traveled far from their home in the lands of The Warm Quakes to settle their new colony, Romancedroofs. A motley, estrogen-driven crew of 5 ladies and 2 fellas who consider themselves the luckiest dorfs alive. Most of the Rags have a little training in multiple areas, and nearly all of them have given each other crude nicknames for their professions.

Zon Tangledtrumpets is the first member of the crew. She has been dubbed the "big woody" for her dual interest in woodcutting and carpentry.
Risen Nailships is the second, and one of the two males. He has been dubbed the "rock nut" for his interest in mining and masonry.
Mafol Spearpoints hates her last name. She loves life in all forms, practicing as a doctor, an herbalist, and a farmer, leading her to be called the "hippy".
ezum Callpulley is nearly always covered in her nicknamesake "guts" as the local meatmonger and tanner.
Zefon Flagtouched was dubbed the "battle barmaid" for her combat prowess and surprisingly decent homemade booze.
Mistem Shockrim the "techie" loves her name as much as she likes tricking out the latest set of mechanisms and gears, though she insists on mining her own material for her projects.
And ingiz Drummedboot, unsurprisingly, ended up as the "face" of this bunch of antisocial loonies, his entire life dedicated now to keeping them from breaking out in fights.

First assignments: Risen and Mistem are going to dig stairwells down to the stone layers so we can determine how many soil layers are present and start moving belongings downstairs. Zon will cut trees, Mafol will scrounge for wild vegetation, and as soon as possible, ezum will finish off the draft beasts and Zefon will start converting vegetables into precious booze and seeds.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26443 on: November 07, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »

emo elf inbound:

so one of my elfs  was prancing aroudn: i am still playing that mod yo se if i can go 100 years: closest was 8 but anyways; the elf found: a dwarben seige riding dragon rapters and fire birds: i knew i was fucked: the entire forest began burning and  the dragon  rapters ripped everybody apart:  and all the wildlife: 10 minutes later  and  200 dead elven brothers and sisters: the entire FUCKING map was red: with elf blood: we killed the entire seige of 80 soldiers and 80 animals: our fort slowly died out: the first elf had no arms or legs: and that guy is right in the middle of 30 corpses: a elfven fountain elf isn't called that for no reason  he was bleeding pools and pools of blood: i like to think he was the king of corpses. what with he lying on about 10 of them. he is the last survivor and there is a pack of Undead lions trying to maul him.

ash's ash's blood and corpses there goes johnnys jaw and there goes France;s arm how i wonder what is happening to the forest: the forest if blood and gaze: what peaceful trinity i have on my throne of spleens and heads oh gods may they smite me for my doings: oh how i love the blood for miles the glorious blood it is everywhere! delicious blood! the ashes and the bones and the corpses are covered in it! here comes some  of my fellow animals coming to welcome me to their lives! their Undead lives of blood and anger!

i am getting alot of creepy ass story of elves: let me try to play real dwarfs see how creepy it gets.

O_O he is also on fire:i think he may be a dwarf since he has a beard.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26444 on: November 07, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »

Trying to not die from the combined assault of Wolves, Kobold Thieves, Random Giant Animals and/or Animal Men, and a werebeast that (thankfully) triggered one of my cage traps.

In the meantime, I have found exactly zero rock-based sources of fuel, and it's too dangerous to go outside and risk chopping wood since, yeah. Wildlife. At least I have a butt ton of metal and rock and gems and platinum.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1761 1762 [1763] 1764 1765 ... 3842