Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121780 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #24585 on: August 04, 2012, 01:49:35 pm »

Had to halt my fort of 21 because of thirst.
Darn brewing job cancellation.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24586 on: August 04, 2012, 02:12:33 pm »

I built a mill on top of a shaped glacier, captured a whole pack of naked mole dogs, and may potentially capture a giant earthworm, and an Olm, if they decide to path for surface exits like the trogs did.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24587 on: August 04, 2012, 02:20:17 pm »

project cleanup is going slowly, and I'm not sure if it's actually effective yet. Sometimes I think I gained 10-20 fps, and sometimes I think I didn't. We'll find out what the deal is once it's actually all cleaned up.

In the meantime though, I found that I really do need a stockpile for gloves (they're the only things that my dwarves aren't picking up en mass). I also found out that I have absurd amounts of copper on hand, so am re-surfacing all those tracks to be copper. Shiny!

What else... oh! I accepted the barony, and I aparently (with children) just b umped over the cap for a mayor. Time to start carving and engraving some fancy rooms. I'm growing!
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24588 on: August 04, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

I love the linked stockpiles. You can make exceptional/masterful furniture fore the entire fortress out of a selected material and decorate everything without waste and mashing 'forbid' a lot.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24589 on: August 04, 2012, 04:15:53 pm »

I love the linked stockpiles. You can make exceptional/masterful furniture fore the entire fortress out of a selected material and decorate everything without waste and mashing 'forbid' a lot.
Linked stockpiles?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24590 on: August 04, 2012, 04:38:50 pm »

Embarked on a kobold cave and build a fortress around it. Unlike usual I didn't kill them or try to cage them with webs/dust.
Instead I sealed the cave and started using it as a garbage chute. I have a single minecart stop that takes from a the refuse pile and dumps it all on the kobold cave.

I'm sure that those 'lil buggers find all sort of useful stuff in there so it is of mutual benefit. (except when they happen to be standing under the chute.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24591 on: August 04, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »

Embarked on half Terrifying Tundra, half Joyous Wilds some sort of freshwater marsh/swamp.  Turns out the tundra side has zombies and "execrable smoke", which I'm not sure what it does, but I'm not keen on finding out.  Dwarves are safely walled underground for now, they go out and add to the walls and defenses when the smoke is cleared and the zombies in the distance.

Too bad I'm fairly sure marshes/swamps don't spawn unicorns.  The possibility of zombified (possibly husked/thralled) unicorns would have made me cry dwarfy tears of joy.  Still innocent marsh creatures wandering onto the tundra side and becoming zombies/being attacked by the cloud has the potential for much fun times.

We'll see how long the fort lasts.  Long live Cryptclear!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24592 on: August 04, 2012, 05:18:08 pm »

with careful application of a macedwarf chasing the giant worm into a trap, I now have a conundrum. I don't want to pit the thing and use it as target practice, but I don't want it sitting out in the cold cage pile.... Maybe I'll just sick the macedorf on it anyway and hope she bashes its brain. That thing will probably feed the fort for a year.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24593 on: August 04, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »

Apparently, my embark is home to a demon temple.
What's this mean?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24594 on: August 04, 2012, 05:54:33 pm »

Apparently, my embark is home to a demon temple.
What's this mean?
Its a euphesim for "Dwarf fort".

No, Its a little thing, you shoudn't mind it. It is deep underground, and it has a masterwork adamantine sword guarded by the undead. Not much undead, but its significant enough that you don't want to go in the there wihtout a small military. Other then that its just a fun way to get a awesome weapon
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24595 on: August 04, 2012, 06:08:49 pm »

He lies! trust not the words of this foul sorcerer!

Nah I'm kidding. Though if you want the clowns to stay in the tent don't mess with the sword.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24596 on: August 04, 2012, 06:11:17 pm »

So, it turns out my "pylon" idea doesn't actually work. The ice thawed alright, but the tower is just hovering above the surface of the ocean.

Now I'm building a pier out to the pylon, then deconstructing it in the hopes that this will make the game realize that nothing's supporting it.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24597 on: August 04, 2012, 06:13:40 pm »

You do realize you have a FLOATING aka NOTHING HOLDING IT UP tower and you want to destroy it? Why not have your dwarves live in it! The potential for it to suddenly fall into the sea puts that nearly on maximum dwarfiness.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24598 on: August 04, 2012, 06:21:18 pm »

I'm going to sink it to the bottom of the ocean now, and then build something on top of it, so that it doesn't sink to the bottom of the ocean after I've colonized it. It's like pre-shrunk underwear.

There is already enough risk in this project to begin with.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Trance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24599 on: August 04, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »

if you drop your tower, wont it get crushed up like a can?
Dont all constructed items, get de-constructed in the event of a cave-in???
Pages: 1 ... 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 ... 3842