Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102566 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18000 on: January 05, 2012, 10:03:41 am »

Thus which is why I emerged alive from the encounter with the FB, with an axe in each hand, blood over my face and a wicked smile.

'I will kill all elves. Armok must be appeased.'

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18001 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:27 am »

Spring arrives.
Under siege for about a year now. don't have the number of soldiers to properly deal with it. I have a total of 9 military, three of them guarding the caverns, while six protect the fort from above ground.

The various different things attacking me aren't killing each other - I wonder if this was a change in Genesis, or just something wrong with my old version of it (I haven't updated it in a while..) - it generally makes things less fun and chaotic. When this fort falls I will switch it up and see what's rocking.

Anyway, in the meantime a couple of Borioth died of thirst, despite a plethora of drink, and a huge reservoir with two wells available.
And one of my military has grown attached to her Black Steel Warhammer. Funny, because she has absolutely no experience. Oh well, things roll on.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18002 on: January 05, 2012, 10:11:43 am »

Thus which is why I emerged alive from the encounter with the FB, with an axe in each hand, blood over my face and a wicked smile.

'I will kill all elves. Armok must be appeased.'
Aye - Ye are a Slave, and a Killer.
Ye arent any Dwarf, and You ought not Live amongst Dorfs, but ye can kill Elfs.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18003 on: January 05, 2012, 10:12:51 am »

Dirgefurnace has come to its end.

The 5 remaining survivors of a frost giant siege, 3 kobolds, one dwarf and a human put up a valiant fight in the town square against an escaped pair of FBs. They were wittled down to one kobold, who, with his dying breath, killed one FB by shooting a perfectly aimed arrow straight into the eye and piercing the brain, and severely wounding the other by cutting his throat open.
When I reclaim, those 5 brave souls will be:
A. Returned to life via Runesmith/Dfusion so they can serve me as undead FB eliminators
B. A tomb built over their final battle and the memorial built for all lands to see.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18004 on: January 05, 2012, 10:13:33 am »

I am no dwarf. I am no elf.

WHAT AM I.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18005 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:25 am »

I am no dwarf. I am no elf.

WHAT AM I.
A Dweeb. :D

Dirgefurnace has come to its end.

The 5 remaining survivors of a frost giant siege, 3 kobolds, one dwarf and a human put up a valiant fight in the town square against an escaped pair of FBs. They were wittled down to one kobold, who, with his dying breath, killed one FB by shooting a perfectly aimed arrow straight into the eye and piercing the brain, and severely wounding the other by cutting his throat open.
When I reclaim, those 5 brave souls will be:
A. Returned to life via Runesmith/Dfusion so they can serve me as undead FB eliminators
B. A tomb built over their final battle and the memorial built for all lands to see.

I wouldnt Reclaim it at all. Id let it end at that. But, a bunch of Zombie Killing Machines does sound amusing :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18006 on: January 05, 2012, 10:22:18 am »

Highly experienced unkillable soldiers who have taken down two FBs. Combined with candy gear, I think we have a winner.

I am not a dweeb. I am a unique breed.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18007 on: January 05, 2012, 10:24:14 am »

Highly experienced unkillable soldiers who have taken down two FBs. Combined with candy gear, I think we have a winner.

I am not a dweeb. I am a unique breed.
Dwarf.
Elf.
Dwelf.
Dwea...f
Dweeb!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18008 on: January 05, 2012, 10:24:44 am »

Eh?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18009 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:59 am »

Eh?
Try and find a better way to blend Dwarf and Elf that isnt Delf or Erf, and Ill shun the use of Dweeb :)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18010 on: January 05, 2012, 10:32:54 am »

Drow.

Elves who dig underground, and do dwarfy things.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18011 on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:32 am »

Would You be able to put up a zoomed out shot? Because Im just curious to see how this currently weird looking Channel Wall fits into the Scheme of things :D It all looks a bit unusual from here.

The Lever is even more confounding.
And the Storage seems to be for Corpses :)
I intend to eventually mine out the whole area and replace the grass with constructed floors. I do not want to rebuild the wall to replace the grass under, so I channel it out first to save time later. The level is to control the atom smasher right north of it. And yes the stockpile is for the fallen dwarven warriors. I'm looking forward to have more bodies then living people in 2 year or so. Currently it's the second winter.

As far as the large scheme of thing involved, the wall you were looking at is the green one in this schema:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:52:34 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18012 on: January 05, 2012, 10:55:36 am »

Would You be able to put up a zoomed out shot? Because Im just curious to see how this currently weird looking Channel Wall fits into the Scheme of things :D It all looks a bit unusual from here.

The Lever is even more confounding.
And the Storage seems to be for Corpses :)
I intend to eventually mine out the whole area and replace the grass with constructed floors. I do not want to rebuild the wall to replace the grass under, so I channel it out first to save time later. The level is to control the atom smasher right north of it. And yes the stockpile is for the fallen dwarven warriors. I'm looking forward to have more bodies then living people in 2 year or so. Currently it's the second winter.

As far as the large scheme of thing involved, the wall you were looking at is the green one in this schema:

That makes more sense. Soldier on!
And say Hi to Urist Mcgrassdigger for Me

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18013 on: January 05, 2012, 12:15:38 pm »

Q: How many dwarven lives was sacrified to build this magma tank? The first person who answer correctly will have a dwarf named after.

Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18014 on: January 05, 2012, 12:16:13 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 3842