Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102529 times)

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17985 on: January 04, 2012, 09:00:38 pm »

Latest embark has a shit ton of gold and silver, but way to much rock for my sanity gotta move it some how....

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17986 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »

Feeling a bit nostalgic so loaded up 23a and started a 2D fortress.

Autumn of the first year just hit, we've got metalworks up and running, mostly making copper bits and baubles  while the miners try to find some ore for bronze. Lost one miner, he decided the best place to stand when digging a channel that would flood as soon as it was done, was in the hole he was digging, and he drown. Luckily, by this time the metalsmiths were working and we quickly made a pick and tossed it at a peasant and set her to work with the smarter of two miners.
Already set up inside the mountain are stockpiles for the stone works (including a large stone stockpile), A dining hall, barracks (private rooms will come later, I'm in no rush to dig them out), and of course the farms and food stockpiles. The leather works will be the next thing to move inside so my woodcutter/guard can have some more leather armour before he layers on chain and plate.After that, I'll finally let my smiths come inside, they'll be in a temporary home I suppose, since I'll eventually be moving them to the magma river, but as I advance rather slowly usually they'll be there for a while I'm sure.
We've built a bridge over the cave river, but have only begun dig across it, setting up the first of the 3 main hallways in an attempt to find some more ore, once the leatherworks are moved the miners will be set to work making room for the metalsmiths, and probably for the clothiers as well, between the river and the chasm.

Ah, this brings back memories. Miners drowning, rat men chattering in the depths, giant frogs croaking in the wells (not that I've built any yet). This fortress will be fun(and Fun, I'm sure).

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17987 on: January 05, 2012, 12:49:19 am »

Just got another message that another FB is getting the turd punched out of it by some olm-men.

:D

Cithasi Sapiniya Tharamathepani, Forgotten Beast is no longer enraged. I'm going to breach the caverns now so I can recruit the now-friendly Olm men.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17988 on: January 05, 2012, 06:27:59 am »

You have stuck Microline! ::)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #17989 on: January 05, 2012, 06:37:21 am »

You have stuck MicroCline! ::)

Fixed that for you.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17990 on: January 05, 2012, 06:46:36 am »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17991 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:09 am »

Merrily Killing Elves.
I captured an Elf Caravan, and kept them barely alive until They were weak. Then sent in the Rookie Wrestlers. Theyre too feeble to resist, and Their Pain is My Pleasure.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17992 on: January 05, 2012, 07:26:11 am »

You now have my respect. Armok bless your noble mission.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17993 on: January 05, 2012, 09:40:54 am »

You now have my respect. Armok bless your noble mission.
*Looks at You*

*Looks at Your Ears*

*Cannot see them through Your Hat*

*Sips Ale*

Hmm...

Hm.

Meh.
Salutations, Good Sir!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17994 on: January 05, 2012, 09:44:32 am »

I am a half-breed. I AM A MONSTROSITY. MY PARENTS ARE FREAKS OF NATURE. ARMOK SAVE ME!
-drowns self in magma-

The dwarfiest elf-dwarf hybrid of them all, simply because there isn't any in existence anyway.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17995 on: January 05, 2012, 09:51:10 am »

I am a half-breed. I AM A MONSTROSITY. MY PARENTS ARE FREAKS OF NATURE. ARMOK SAVE ME!
-drowns self in magma-

The dwarfiest elf-dwarf hybrid of them all, simply because there isn't any in existence anyway.

So...
Youre...
An Dwarf...
AND an Elf...
So Youre kind of an Elf...
Hm.

Well...

YOU ARE AN ABOMINATION AND AN INSULT TO THE DWARVERN RACE.
You should be locked away, and shackled in chains, but alas, You seem to praise the Death of the Filthy Disgusting Vermin that is Elves.
Im afraid I cannot Kill You for that.
I can wish for You to be dumped in a Room full of Spiky Things, and see how long it takes for those Ears to come off, but.
Mm?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17996 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:59 am »

Dealing with goblin bowmen untilizing an incompleted wall: force them to fight in close quarter. Dwarf 3 - Goblin 1 Thank you for the broadhead arrows!!

I cant wait to use these arrows against their previous owner. Lots of my men survived with one of them stuck in the knees, tho.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17997 on: January 05, 2012, 09:56:12 am »

Dealing with goblin bowmen untilizing an incompleted wall: force them to fight in close quarter. Dwarf 3 - Goblin 1 Thank you for the broadhead arrows!!

I cant wait to use these arrows against their previous owner. Lots of my men survived with one of them stuck in the knees, tho.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ok, Ive gotta know. Im looking at a big Wall, a Channel, and a Storage Area, and some Dorfs fighting Goblins around some Blood.
Would You be able to put up a zoomed out shot? Because Im just curious to see how this currently weird looking Channel Wall fits into the Scheme of things :D It all looks a bit unusual from here.

The Lever is even more confounding.
And the Storage seems to be for Corpses :)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17998 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:43 am »

Yes. I AM AN ABODMINATION! I MUST DIE!!!!!
-locks self in room with an FB-

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17999 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:30 am »

Yes. I AM AN ABODMINATION! I MUST DIE!!!!!
-locks self in room with an FB-
If You were Dead, You couldnt infiltrate Elf Colonies, to distract them whilst I enclose them in walls, seal them from the Sky, and Drown their Wood Licking Dirt Eating... Faces.
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 3842