Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6130031 times)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #15480 on: August 16, 2011, 06:58:35 am »

Bannercaves, new fort. At 93 dwarves, 900 drink. that makes me happy.

and apperently, since snatchers are cloaked, i don't get to read the combat reports of them getting sliced up by my traps/falling 15 z levels to their death...i only noticed when the miasma wafted up...good thing i always keep my dwarves happy.

the first siege....I look forward to. not even going to lock my doors, just gonna station my legendary cotton candy armed/armored fighters behind the last doors....i wanna see goblin splats. =D

EDIT: omg artifact cotton candy breastplate. =DDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:17:32 am by Masta Crouton »

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: August 16, 2011, 07:10:42 am »

Just started a new fort. This will be kind of dwarftopolis. One z-level will hold anything I need. To make it more fun Im using a pop_cap of 10 to avoid migrants just using children and babies to raise Population. Did some raw-modding just 2 years of childhood in my fort.
The overall aim is to fill the fortress with love,peace,happiness and some other undwarfy things :P.

Hoping it will work out good.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: August 16, 2011, 07:18:42 am »

Unimaginable horror!
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: August 16, 2011, 07:20:56 am »

It might look kind and shit but it's still gonna kill your dudes. Not sure how easy  a sardonyx creature can be harmed.  :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #15484 on: August 16, 2011, 08:08:05 am »

So like, my 20-dorf strong fort was under continuous sieges, losing axe dorfs like you wouldn't believe (one multi-legendary axe lord managed to get herself shoved into a lake and drowned, only managing to kill 2 dark stranglers), and after having many foes clog up the weapon traps, i decided to make a panic move and use DFHack to magma the weapon traps (very effective) and start a controlled fire outside. Not long after, i learned that "immolate all" really does just that. I like to think that it was Armok dicking around, since DFHack also said "Praise Armok!".

After a world-encompassing inferno had passed (which conveniently enough killed all invaders), i was down to 9 healthy dorfs and 1 insane (from a failed mood). Another one went melancholy shortly after (unhappiness), leaving me with 8 unhappy dorfs. Miraculously, only one tantrum happened, and it only resulted in a thrown boulder and single destroyed bed.

This mass-death also resulted in 4 ghosts rising at the same time, who proceeded to haunt the rest of my dorfs. Fortunately, i managed to put them to rest via slabs and an immigrant expert engraver, before they made the others insane. I'm now back up to speed with 31 dorfs, but there are currently no trees on the map whatsoever, and i have a fey gem cutter who wants logs, and my stockpile is empty. :U (and the world is still partially covered in ashes from the fire)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: August 16, 2011, 09:35:00 am »

My legendary +2 blacksmith had been struck by a secretive mood. He is now 15+5.  He made a Gold Chest. Studded with gold, menaces with spikes of honey yellow beryl on the item is an image of the ascension of my civ's King in rough rubicelle. It weighs 386 and is worth 120000. 4 zeroes.

It has, ofcourse, a ridiculous name. Fokerrab Bobetluskal, "Slippedglowed the Trifling Indignation", a gold chest.

More importantly, my desalination project, including basin and far too many 30 z-level deep channels for the wells is almost done. Just need to finish laying the floor and building the walls, then we can start building the wells and pumping. The two pumps are already in place, both consisting of a silver corkscrew, a silver pipe section and a gold block.

I'll put the blacksmith to work creating more golden buckets for the wells, I'll need to start making the chains, I've got gold block and I'll pick out the very best obsidian mechanisms. It's going to be a grand total of 12 wells, 10 for the hospital and 2 for the adjacent bath-house. The originial plan was to place 6 wells in the bath house but channeling each level was hideously dull. I'd best start up soap production so the bathing would be even more ridiculously luxurious.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: August 16, 2011, 10:25:31 am »

I'll put the blacksmith to work creating more golden buckets for the wells, I'll need to start making the chains, I've got gold block and I'll pick out the very best obsidian mechanisms. It's going to be a grand total of 12 wells, 10 for the hospital and 2 for the adjacent bath-house. The originial plan was to place 6 wells in the bath house but channeling each level was hideously dull. I'd best start up soap production so the bathing would be even more ridiculously luxurious.

10 wells for your hospital.

Why do you have ten wells for just your hospital?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: August 16, 2011, 10:28:48 am »

Silly, the answer is obvious like anywhere in DF.

Because he/she can :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: August 16, 2011, 10:37:35 am »

He's a he. Besides that, his new hospital is really fucking massive. :P

Also; I look away from DF for a moment; snatcher report. In a cage.
Also; I look  away  for  a   second  time; snatcher report. In a cage.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: August 16, 2011, 10:47:05 am »

@ FrisianDude: Why not give you Captain of The Guard that mace? They'd crack criminal skulls like eggshells! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:02 am »

My gods.
Lignite veins running through clusters of magnetite.

How about yearly soapmaker sacrifices to Armok, everyone?

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: August 16, 2011, 11:49:52 am »

*snip*

As said, partially because I can, but also for more practical reasons. My fort is near the top of a volcano, with the main entrance at -1. The hospital is at -5. The water will be at -31. Because it takes a long time to get a single bucket of water over such a distance it seemed like a good idea to make several.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:12 am »

@ FrisianDude: Why not give you Captain of The Guard that mace? They'd crack criminal skulls like eggshells! :D
Exactly! What if my double-legendary weaponsmith accidentally brings the wrong item to the depot and gets his beautiful head smashed in. D:

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:25 pm »

In that case Justice Is Served!

Ironic justice anyway.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:57 pm »

If you do give him the mace, you had better steel yourself for some beatdowns ;D
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 3842