Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126979 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14850 on: July 26, 2011, 10:24:29 pm »

Mogshumdastot Amemdodok, "Elbowsword the Curled Clasp", a obsidian mechanisms

This is an Obsidian Mechanism. All Craftdwarf... blah blah blah

Encrusted with raw spoiler, pet. wood, obsidian.

Encircled with bands of raw spoiler, pet. wood, FB leather.

Adorned with hanging rings of obs. raw sp. p.wood.

Menaces with spikes of  raw sp. obs. p.wood, faint yellow diamond,pig tial fiver and forgotten beast leather.

lots of images of Boslon Cleantrammled the Hag Bridegroom of evil, Nekol Enterchannels the harmonious plains the troll, and the foundation of Bentrampart in 256.

images of itself and the many other artifacts, as well as deities, and a cow (he likes Cows for their haunting moos.)

On the item is an Image of Kodor the Spring of Blossoming, the diety of Creation, depicted as a male dwarf and dwarves in forgotten beast leather. Kodor the Spring of Blossoming is contemplating. Kodor the Spring of Blossoming is surrounded by the dwarves. (who are probably about to kick his ass for being elfy)

On the item is an image of Id, the deity of minerals, depicted as a male dwarf in raw spoiler. Id is striking a triumpant pose. (that's more like it!)

Weight: 53 Basic Value: 18,774,000
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: July 26, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »

One of my dwarves is running around, screaming that his precious bat is flying out of reach. He is my brewer. Remind me to never take flying pets along again.

Until then, bats will lose their ability to fly. I hope Batty doesn't end up in the river.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: July 26, 2011, 10:45:00 pm »

Basic Value: 18,774,000

thats just plain silly

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: July 26, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »

Very impressive for a mechanism. If that were a breastplate it would be 9 figures i'd think.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: July 26, 2011, 11:45:22 pm »

One of my dwarves was possessed today. I was excited, because it would be my first artifact (all my other moody dwarves went nuts).
And it was a kaolinite chain. A damn useless chain! He didn't even gain any experience from it because he was possessed. I decided to make him guard the front of the fort by himself (a horrible punishment in a Terrifying embark). Several seconds later, a siege showed up. I had completely forgotten about him by then, so when I deployed the magma-death system, my first reaction was "Um, oops."
Oh well. He deserved it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: July 27, 2011, 12:02:11 am »

Got my first useful artifact today from an ex mayor. A reindeer bone bed, circled with bands of goblin bone. It has the diety of wealth on it, as well as a dwarf striking down a goblin. Nice. The funny thing was, he was mayor during my first siege, and likely took the leaders bones since he was the only one killed, then the rest ran away.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: July 27, 2011, 01:07:05 am »

Finally been left alone by badger hit squad long enough to build my giant anti siege system - basically flushes anything on the surface away to cavern 2 - which I couldn't care less about tbh :P I thought about having some little burrow/bunkers for dorfs who can't make it back into safety in time before I pull the flush lever... but then decided against it.
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: July 27, 2011, 01:10:04 am »

Mogshumdastot Amemdodok, "Elbowsword the Curled Clasp", a obsidian mechanism.
Basic Value: 18,774,000

That's insane.

I wish my dwarves did stuff that interesting.

One of my dwarves was possessed today. I was excited, because it would be my first artifact (all my other moody dwarves went nuts).
And it was a kaolinite chain. A damn useless chain! He didn't even gain any experience from it because he was possessed. I decided to make him guard the front of the fort by himself (a horrible punishment in a Terrifying embark). Several seconds later, a siege showed up. I had completely forgotten about him by then, so when I deployed the magma-death system, my first reaction was "Um, oops."
Oh well. He deserved it.

That's worth a lot, silly. You want a super-happy noble? Build them a well in their room with an artifact chain in it. They'll be so deliriously happy you could fail four mandates and cut their right arm off and they wouldn't mind too much.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: July 27, 2011, 04:52:06 am »

And it was a kaolinite chain. .
That's worth a lot, silly. You want a super-happy noble? Build them a well in their room with an artifact chain in it. They'll be so deliriously happy you could fail four mandates and cut their right arm off and they wouldn't mind too much.
Or just build the chain and reserve it for 'justice'.  ;)
edit: build it in the noble's chambers offcourse.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:58:47 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Torspo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: July 27, 2011, 07:45:46 am »

Was trading with elves and accidentally offered wooden bin full of gems for grizzly and black bear... So. Just seized the bears and chained them to my front gate waiting for elves to come back.

Now clearing my embark site of trees and building a nice little watch tower ~4 z's high. Also trying to figure out where to use sh*tloads of gypsum...

g2knee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: July 27, 2011, 11:42:54 am »

I've just reached my first cavern ever.  Gold, Platinum, precious gems...My dwarfs are practically salivating!  There is a giant toad and cave crocodile down there though...

Also, I've been aggressively harvesting wood to power my 2 furnaces, 3 smelters and 2 metalsmith workshops.  We'll see what the elves have to see the next time their in town...

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: July 27, 2011, 12:22:00 pm »

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: July 27, 2011, 12:58:40 pm »

A hauler with metalcrafting skill went moody and claimed a magma forge. Thinking back to the last time this happened, I went and marked my two remaining wafers "forbidden". I just checked back, and he's screaming that he must have wafers. Sigh.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:58 pm »

Simultaneous Ambush and Siege.

Incidentally, there is an easier way to get your civilians inside in a siege/ambush/emergency. Go to the alert you want to use for emergencies (in the military screen, you can use the default Active alert or make a custom one), and with it highlighted go to the rightmost pane. There you can select any burrows you want to be used in the alert, and you can specify multiple burrows. Your fortress can have one and only one Civilian Alert active at a time- you activate this by pressing "Enter" on the desired alert.

I could go on, but that link goes to the wiki, which explains everything better than I can, including the stuff I bothered to mention here.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:36 pm »

Monk, please have my babies.  I don't care whether it's physically impossible or not.
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 3842