Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114329 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13665 on: May 31, 2011, 08:30:55 am »

Erush Brimoil is currently organizing a biting demonstration.
He is a proficient teacher, and the rest of his squad is attending.

I just thought I'd let you all know that this is what my military does when I'm not ordering them to slaughter wild-life or explore caverns.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: May 31, 2011, 09:03:33 am »

Last survivor from my starting seven, Yksinäinen (which is lonely in Finnish) got struckt down by my new captain of the guard. I checked what happened. He had injured P. I name all my farmers and haulers P(=stands for peasant)

Anyways this is damn annoying. someone who survived 2 tantrum spirals gets killed as a punishment for hitting a slave.
Current captain of the guard is soon Former captain of the guard..

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: May 31, 2011, 10:16:08 am »

I lost a military mason to wound infection, partly because the river had frozen, preventing the cleaning of his injuries(he would have died of thirst anyway for the same reason). I look at his relationship screen and see that has a wife and son. I check the wife, and see that she went from "ecstatic" to "quite content".

Then I check the son, and a small pit forms in my stomach when I discover that the child was the fort's first casualty, a victim of a botched kidnapping.

The good news is that my execution tower-pit is almost finished. Soon I'll be dropping prisoners, including a snatcher(not sure if it's the one who killed the child) onto lots of menacing spikes. If only I could figure out how to strip their armor... I did what the wiki says, but it doesn't work. Unless, do they have to be in a stockpile?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13668 on: May 31, 2011, 10:25:25 am »

MY mayor is upset because criminal couldn't be punished properly and she was the criminal. (I removed chain before she died to thirst)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13669 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:08 am »

MY mayor is upset because criminal couldn't be punished properly and she was the criminal. (I removed chain before she died to thirst)

"tie me more, more! PUNISH ME! GIVE ME MORE PAIN! COME ON BREAK MY BONES YES YES YEEESSS! OH YESSS! no wait, don't untie me, no, wait noooo" *UristA mcmayor masochist.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13670 on: May 31, 2011, 10:37:05 am »

Starting a new fort in the tundra to appease my need for Evil and aquifers simultaneously.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13671 on: May 31, 2011, 10:51:57 am »

1 Squad Siege elimiated my unprepared millitary squad - 10 dead, thought it was the end of the fortress but the civ's weren't totally useless and the Hunters and Miners finished off the siege.

The tantrum spiral continues, many insane many more dead, lost about 1/3 to a 1/2 of my population. Things are calming down but the injured and insane keep dying of thirst or infection.

Might have to dig out another catacomb floor :(.

But! I have an ass-ton of Candy. Should have enough to fully kit at least 2 full squads with armor and axes etc.

The Galena and Copper are being made into trap components and crafts. Next time my hall-of-death is actually going to stop the invaders.

And a pack of Skeletal Drakes hovered 1 floor above a miner and pecked him to death D:

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: May 31, 2011, 11:10:07 am »

My Fortress is The Confining Beard.

This is already the most awesome thing ever.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

c-106mc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13673 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:33 am »

Started a new fort in a desert. Turned off invaders and set a low population cap (10). Got double the cap, but that's cool, it was only the first two waves. Decided to build a castle made out of rock salt blocks. I've got the foundation down, I just need to expand up and down to accommodate the actual fort.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: May 31, 2011, 11:18:53 am »

The infected sieged me.
Once some of them were taken down, I decided to send in the military to take them out at a closer range.
Two melee units died, and one of my elite pistolmen got seriously wounded.
Then my commander proceeded to beat the infected to death with nothing but the butt of his pistol.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #13675 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:13 am »

Not long ago, i had a forgotten beast composed of vomit. Never got around to killing it, and it never bothered the dorfs, so i guess that's fine. Now, i have a forgotten beast composed of grime and filth, and it's in an easily accessible cavern layer. It has poisonous vapors, but i'm thinking about sending my angry dorfs to chop it up anyways. Grime and filth should break apart easily. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: May 31, 2011, 11:21:59 am »

"tie me more, more! PUNISH ME! GIVE ME MORE PAIN! COME ON BREAK MY BONES YES YES YEEESSS! OH YESSS! no wait, don't untie me, no, wait noooo" *UristA mcmayor masochist.
Your fort elected Stocking as its mayor? I like this fort already.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

TheWealthyAardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: May 31, 2011, 11:44:53 am »

My Mason decided that the best way to get away from a badger was to jump into a Murky pool. He quickly drowned, despite the water levels falling due to the summer heat. This, along with several other mistakes as I shake my very rusty status off of my Dwarf Fortress skill, caused me to savescum back to the start of the summer. After my migrant wave I now have 11 dwarves instead of the 15 from last time, and I have a High Master Brewer instead of a High Master Thresher and a Competent Surgeon as my useful dwarves from the wave. I'm currently setting up Nest Boxes for all of the birds I brought and getting some Hives placed for my newly designated beekeeper. After that it's time to crack down on making some crafts before the caravan comes in the fall.

As for defense, I have a small area walled off for the entrance to the fort and the trade depot that's guarded by four war dogs. My mason and the useless migrants are in the process of making a large outer wall that will form the outer edge of my castle that will promptly fall to a forgotten beast or a flying dragon who will bypass all of my defenses and slaughter everybody. Hopefully none of them end up in the pools, considering that this time around it has rained three time already this summer.
Quick, somebody who can pretend they know with a reasonable degree of believability hop in and act like they do!
You fucking rang?
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: May 31, 2011, 11:57:55 am »

Damn, just had a flame FB. It went down easily enough, but the flames heavily wounded three of my Militia, including the only captain (with twenty other kills and one notable; the fb). One of the militia died already, he was bleeding too heavily. The captain has been on 'bleeding heavily' from the start of her getting wounded (melting wounds) than him, though, so maybe there IS a chance of survival? The poor fellow who died, Goden Olonalath, Glazer/Marksdwarf, was bleeding at first, then heavy bleeding and a few steps farther he died.

Thing is though that my MCap no longer shows 'melted' as wound in her z-enter screen but her Right Hand fat is gone. I hope she, Iden Dallithustuth and Adil Fikodatul survive their wounds. :(

A tip; try to take on flame FB's AT RANGE in an open area. My Marxdwarfs were forced to melee it and are regretting it.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: May 31, 2011, 02:27:35 pm »

I loaded up the game, and took a look at the meeting area, considering putting a variety of gem windows in there - if they're going to hold parties, they might as well rave while they're at it - and I noticed there's a Reinderr Cow skeleton there(it starved before I could pasture it).

I'm thinking of leaving it there to accent the aforementioned rave parties.
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 3842