Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111294 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11460 on: March 17, 2011, 03:45:11 pm »

My cave crocodile eggs hatched, making two whole pages of croc babies.
They'll be my military.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: March 17, 2011, 03:49:26 pm »

Greiger, are you playing a different game to the rest of us? It's always orcs and dracons with you.

Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)

A bunch of corpses down in the pit of dodging doom started throwing out miasma.  Seems the greenskins that live the initial fall and spike often start climbing through the tunnel out and die from their wounds while technically underground.  And the miasma travels far enough to gas the front gate. 

I guess my try at a more space efficient death pit design has a minor flaw.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: March 17, 2011, 04:20:42 pm »

Typical. You wait for a forgotten beast and then three come along at once.

The Forgotten Beast Athelo has come! A towering hairy bristleworm. It has thin wings of stretched skin and it is ravening. Its sandy taupe hair is unkempt. Beware its deadly blood!

The Forgotten Beast Rofa has come! A huge three-eyed spider. It has four long, curving horns and it has a bloated body. Its crimson exoskeleton is wrinkled. Beware its poisonous bite!

The Forgotten Beast Maga Sathurbed has come! A huge humanoid composed of snow. It has two stubby horns and it has a gaunt appearance.

All three arrived on the 6th Timber. The latter two appeared together when my miners breached a wall into a previously invisible part of the caverns, so they may have been on the map already. The first one appeared earlier in the day in a section already explored though.

It's like we're refilming Destroy All Monsters in here. Also, there's a giant cave spider sitting next to the first one. Did I mention I only have 4 soldiers?

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: March 17, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »

tks Greiger

I just had two dwarves give birth at exactly the same time. Hah!

My fort is going swimmingly; or, less so, since I've now drained most of the floodwater out.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: March 17, 2011, 05:55:05 pm »

Ditches around the edges of my fortress have done very well to defend against goblins, however, another round of ambushes has struck, at the exact same time the dwarven traders arrived, turning the battlefield into a royal clusterfuck. It's so a crazy a Buffalo has gone berserk. I din't even know that could happen. Hopefully, he'll kill a couple goblins.

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: March 17, 2011, 06:21:03 pm »

Dwellworked just fought off a siege that left her defenseless.  We decided to smash the goblins standing under the drawbridge and to our greatest horror watched as the flimsy thing deconstructed without as much as a scratch on the goblins.  Thankfully there was a door just behind the bridge but the voracious cave crawlers broke it down quickly.  The enemy poured in and the militia had its work cut out for them.  Luck had turned, however, as half of the invading forces decided just then that they had enough and left.  The goblins forces were halved and dealt with easily.

Several days have past and the masons just got around to bringing the stones out for the new drawbridge when another siege showed up.  This one led by the goblin civilization's master...

The dwarves ran inside and just barely walled themselves in completely before the enemy rushed the wide open gates.  Then, the most amazing thing happened.  All of the goblins turned on the master and for an entire season chased the giant armadillo twisted into human form around the outside of my fort, finally killing it with a silver bolt through the head.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: March 17, 2011, 06:23:01 pm »

Results of forgotten beast attack - spoilerized due to length:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: March 17, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »

The plan was simple. Let a voracious cave crawler in and kill it.

But Dwarf Fortress happened.

I also didn't account for the fact that it takes dwarves about two days to get to where it was. So the cave crawler (soon to be known as Balanceboiled), killed my accomplished weaponsmith an animal dissector and a farmer. Really ended up being a bloodbath.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:21 pm »

I'm currently testing out a new mod, so I embarked with a fairly simple group, favoring speed over putting points into useful skills.

Embark loads, and instantly my pack animals and mylurians start running away from the river next to the wagon, as a group of what looks like teal lungfish start moving towards them.

That's right.

I embarked immediately next to a school of skeletal carp.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: March 17, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

Pick up a bronze colossus adventurer from his retiring hamlet and drop him off in my fort recently hopefully this god of a creature will be enough protection my fort needs though when I break past the aquifer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Also I'm using DFmode so the swap over to adventure mode and fort mode doesn't need a reembark.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

zerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: March 17, 2011, 09:13:05 pm »

Due to unregulated population growth, the 13th of Timber is now known as the annual Throw a Cat off a Cliff Day. Celebration is mandatory.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: March 17, 2011, 09:14:08 pm »

Due to unregulated population growth, the 13th of Timber is now known as the annual Throw a Cat off a Cliff Day. Celebration is mandatory.
Fun for the whole family!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: March 18, 2011, 03:27:42 am »

The poor kitties.  :'(

I'd rather throw their owners off a cliff so they can be caged and turned into a zoo.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: March 18, 2011, 03:55:12 am »

slowly plodding away, making steel armor and such for my militia...waiting for a goblin siege so i can see how goblins fare against fb's lol

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: March 18, 2011, 05:44:09 am »

Due to a lack of iron on my map, my militia (two full squads) rushed a Cyclops bare-handed.
And they started punching, and punching, and punching. The Cyclops got in one hit, decapitated a recruit in one blow with her axe, and was then punched to death. Pages and pages of punches. 20 dorfs punching for the love of Armok. Brutal.

I haven't played in a while, and I love the Fortress mode combat reports. :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 3842